Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Dr. Ebun Joseph thinks that maybe black slavers thought they were doing something good for the blacks they sold into slavery.

https://twitter.com/Mc188945/status/1326232116150071298

The Ribena Racist herself. There’s a very amusing parody account of her worth looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40079303.html

Apparently its not good enough to just die for Ireland anymore, you need a to meet a vag quota for a statue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The Ribena Racist herself. There’s a very amusing parody account of her worth looking for.

I must read it!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

She tried to get that parody account removed (I think she might've been successful) just like Hazel Chu.

One thing the wokeists don't like is a sense of humour.

She tried to get that parody account removed (I think she might've been successful) just like Hazel Chu.

One thing the wokeists don't like is a sense of humour.

I know someone who works with her and she has zero humour - and has colleagues walking on eggshells around her. She lashed out at someone for complimenting her hair once as she had straightened it and it was a “microagression because she was only complimented when she confirmed to the ideal of Western beauty”.

I said next time tell her she looks dog rough but keepin it real yo!!!

• Advertisement

We've entered Clown World a long time ago. The fact that she can enter our Country and be given a job to essentially tell us how bad we are is in itself insane. A whole industry has grown up, funded by the Irish taxpayer, to attack the Irish taxpayer.

People in other parts of the World must look at the likes of western Europe in sheer disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

biko wrote: »
    Do other places have these woke idiots too or is it just US and Europe?
    Do China, Vietnam, Angola, Uruguay?

Growing phenomenon anywhere the youth learn English...which is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I had to go into town today to get an, admittedly, old piece of tech. I needed to get a male to male coaxial cable. I had a look at the section where it said 'cables and accessories' and couldn't find it. I asked an employee nearby and he looked at me as if I had 2 heads and pointed me towards a different person, who kindly brought me to the right area and I purchased it at a very reasonable (for in-shop) €2.50.

But then it got me thinking. How are we going to describe these in this post-apocalyptic modern times? I genuinely can't think of a good replacement for the following:

Male to male
    Female to female
    Male to female
    Female to male

Innies and outies? "Can I get an innie to innie adapter please?"... Just doesn't sound right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

46 Long wrote: »

Is he the guy who was on Moncrief last Friday? (I get off work early on Friday and Moncrief keeps me company on the way home, it's the only day i hear his show)

If so he was an very interesting character, if a bit odd. He's straight, married, has adult kids, just likes womens clothes - but only from the waist down, he wears mens shirts and so on, just with a nice skirt and high heels......and sure why not (you have to read that bit in a Moncrief voice for full effect:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

But then it got me thinking. How are we going to describe these in this post-apocalyptic modern times? I genuinely can't think of a good replacement for the following:

Male to male
    Female to female
    Male to female
    Female to male

Innies and outies? "Can I get an innie to innie adapter please?"... Just doesn't sound right.

532617.png

cgcsb wrote: »
    Well I mean objectively the culture is quite a racist one. A black person wouldn't be permitted to marry a local female for example.

Whereas it seems to be promoted here. Now I'm not talking tinfoil hat stuff but a mere curiosity arose in me when someone suggested keeping an eye on interracial "couples" used in adverts, posters, TV shows etc and see what I observed. What I found was that when there was a person of colour with a "native" white person it was almost always a black/brown man with a white woman/girl. Rarely if ever the other way around.

Why is that? I've no idea but it can't be coincidence because if it was just arbitrary it'd be around 50/50 give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I had to go into town today to get an, admittedly, old piece of tech. I needed to get a male to male coaxial cable. I had a look at the section where it said 'cables and accessories' and couldn't find it. I asked an employee nearby and he looked at me as if I had 2 heads and pointed me towards a different person, who kindly brought me to the right area and I purchased it at a very reasonable (for in-shop) €2.50.

Male to male
    Female to female
    Male to female
    Female to male

Vag on Vag ;-)

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Vag on Vag ;-)

Wouldn't it be awesome to walk into Harvey Normans, walk up to one of the (usually clueless) assistants and just blurt out, in the loudest and thickest country accent you can do "HAVE YA GOT ANY OF DEM VAG ON VAG CABLES?"

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Abigail Shrier wrote a book called IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.
    Today Target stopped stocking that book because a man who identifies as a trans woman tweeted them to complain that the book is transphobic. One trans identifying male gets a book taken off the shelves at a massive retailer.
    https://twitter.com/AbigailShrier/status/1327056407598809088?s=20

Shrier was interviewed by Joe Rogan recently:
    https://youtu.be/CtftWcgXjdg

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

ingalway wrote: »
    Abigail Shrier wrote a book called IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters.
    Today Target stopped stocking that book because a man who identifies as a trans woman tweeted them to complain that the book is transphobic. One trans identifying male gets a book taken off the shelves at a massive retailer.

If only women complaining about biological men in women's prisons was enough to have them removed. I guess intolerance only goes one (irrational) way.

Surely by Targets thinking there, if 1 person complained per book in the store, Target would no longer sell books. Makes no sense. And I wouldn't mind watching that video, but I couldn't put myself through 2 hours of it! I'll wait for the edited "best bits" version.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh for fuc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

BuT tHeRe’S nO sUcH tHiNg aS cAnCeL cULtUrE.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,862 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Things were going ok till about 2016... the world and I don’t mean just because of the health situation but the world is full on nuts now.

I think there is too much pandering to ‘minority’ groups, ‘minority’ people and
    big corporations. The ordinary joe soap just getting on with things is fûcked and being woked to death.

I’ve genuinely just about recovered from one of the rarest medical conditions, known to man... it took two years to even diagnose correctly...there are four people on the island who had this problem... I’m not and don’t want to be fûcking part of a ‘minority group’... on the other hand, some people adore being part of this ‘minority’ buzz.. if it means they get ‘special’ treatment.

I fully expect to be fûcking sat waiting on a plane after covid... and a fûcking announcement... “due to the quota of transgender passengers / non EU passengers being below the legal threshold, flight EI456 to Naples is cancelled. You will be refunded 60% of your flight, 40% will be donated between Black Lives Matter and the LGBT foundation. We look forward to seeing you again”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

"She/They • Trans Woman • Horror • Producer • Musician • Polyam • Transtifa Activist "

This says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

Assuming you are getting into a lifelong relationship with someone is equally non consensual is it not?

I think i will commit to never sleeping with anyone who possesses a twitter account, should keep me out of trouble

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    "She/They • Trans Woman • Horror • Producer • Musician • Polyam • Transtifa Activist "

This says it all.

Wtf is transtifa???

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Wtf is transtifa???

I'm going to assume it's someone who calls themselves a different gender than they were "assigned" while assigning the definition of fascist to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I'm going to assume it's someone who calls themselves a different gender than they were "assigned" while assigning the definition of fascist to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I’m glad I’m more than halfway through my life - it’s only going to get worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

silverharp wrote: »
    So despite maybe 10% of the worlds population being white, it's the other 90% that are the "minority"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It’s been reinstated on Target’s website. Basically the tweet they wrote confirming that they would no longer sell it got heavily ratioed. LOL. These corporations should just stop. We know it’s all about the bottom line so stop posturing and just sell me things that I need or want.

I do think it’s interesting how quickly they removed the book from sale once a transgender woman complained about it. Most marginalised group in society, eh?

• Advertisement

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I’m glad I’m more than halfway through my life - it’s only going to get worse!!!

Keep the faith. I believe it will get better. It will only take these ***** getting what they pretend to want to make them realise they were wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement