Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

flanna01 wrote: »
    Dolphins are super intelligent.

I'm not talking about the seal clapping circus shows either..

The Dolphin study was fascinating, they communicate non stop.

We are living with an intelligent species on Earth that we cannot speak to.

How do we know we are not being bombarded with alien transmissions right now?

Ninety years ago, we thought morse code was the fastest communication method..

Then radio waves..

Today, we look at lasers, light, water even..

What if we had another hundred thousand years under our belt.....?? (Like we won't destroy ourselves before then)

We wouldn't be looking at telescopes or some tin pot can flying through space with a gold disc attached to it...

As far as intelligence goes, I would suggest that mankind is at it's infancy..... Around the understanding of a six month old child.

Excellent post!!

I 100% agree with this statement

I wonder, have we even made the first rung of the evolutionary ladder yet?

Our Hearing, sight & smell are all put in check by nearly all the wildlife on the Planet - We really are not equipped to survive long if we had to rely soley on our senses.

In another half a million years (In the unlikely event we should survive). Would we still require a skeleton? Would we be mainly robotic? Limbs are being replaced by advanced mechanical prosthetics today, why not the lungs or the heart tomorrow (should we need them)

If you believe the theory of evolution, then you accept that we basically crawled out of the sea and made changes over millions of years to adapt and survive in our habitat(s). Based on this concept, is it not expected that we continue to change and become partially mechanical in the future?

A part mechanical being would be better equipped for Space exploration than an astronaut of today.

Maybe our DNA is programmed to change us over the centuries? Maybe we are only in the first class in Kindergarten of our own solar system?

At times, there is a tinge of excitement watching mankind expand his presence among the local Planets. We have walked on the Moon, put robots on Mars, gathered high resolution pictures of the surfaces of distant Planets. We have landed on asteroids, we have sent probes into deep Space..

Then we flick on the News channel, and see Mans inhumanity to Man. And then, with regret, its quite obvious that we are doomed to self destruction, followed by extinction.

I think you last 2 sentences are on the money my CEO was telling me in 40 years time, the Earths drinking water will be finished.

Have they not invented anti saline machines to turn sea water into drinking water? Haven't heard of it. They need too

https://www.worldometers.info/water/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Steve012 wrote: »
    I think you last 2 sentences are on the money my CEO was telling me in 40 years time, the Earths drinking water will be finished.

Have they not invented anti saline machines to turn sea water into drinking water? Haven't heard of it. They need too

https://www.worldometers.info/water/

They have. The were in use on the Aran Islands but were taken away.

saabsaab wrote: »
    They have. The were in use on the Aran Islands but were taken away.

I do remember asking someone once and they said it was possible, cheers for that didn't know they existed.

If that's the case Irrigate Africa, bread basket of the world. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I do remember asking someone once and they said it was possible, cheers for that didn't know they existed.

If that's the case Irrigate Africa, bread basket of the world. :rolleyes:

How do massive places like Abu Dhabi and Dubai survive in the desert, I can they use only sea water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Supposing the US government give confirmation along with evidence (videos or physical evidence such as a vehicle clearly not human made) in this report in June. How do you think it will impact life in Ireland? Someone mentioned RTE earlier in the thread but they have not touched any of the developments in this field while all the major news networks of the world have (ABC, NBC, BBC News, Sky News, Fox News, CNN). All of these recent tv reports are taken seriously by the newsreader, unlike years ago. Are RTE uncomfortable with this?

I've mentioned the US fighter pilot videos (Go Fast, etc) to some friends and colleagues and they had not a clue what I was talking about. Or the report coming in June. A lot of people clearly do rely on RTE for news but this seems to be ignored there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

time to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind again me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Supposing the US government give confirmation along with evidence (videos or physical evidence such as a vehicle clearly not human made) in this report in June. How do you think it will impact life in Ireland? Someone mentioned RTE earlier in the thread but they have not touched any of the developments in this field while all the major news networks of the world have (ABC, NBC, BBC News, Sky News, Fox News, CNN). All of these recent tv reports are taken seriously by the newsreader, unlike years ago. Are RTE uncomfortable with this?

I've mentioned the US fighter pilot videos (Go Fast, etc) to some friends and colleagues and they had not a clue what I was talking about. Or the report coming in June. A lot of people clearly do rely on RTE for news but this seems to be ignored there.

RTE seems to ignore certain subjects often science related. Early on with Covid late Jan until February they didn't cover it and when it first came up it was covered in a kind of jokey way (I thought).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The thing with UFOs is this...

If you discount weather balloons, space debris, meteorites, weather phenomenon, birds, aeroplanes, booster rockets, missiles, helicopters, hang gliders, paragliders, drones & remote control craft what are we left with? Unidentified flying objects or UAP that's what.

So they're unidentified, they're not man made, not anything we know or understand as they disobey the laws of physics (as we understand them), so what are they and where do they come from? I guess we won't find out in June when (hopefully) the report comes out, but at least we might get closer to the truth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I wonder, have we even made the first rung of the evolutionary ladder yet?
    We're at the top of it pretty much, or at least as far as this planet goes.

Take this true statement:
    Our Hearing, sight & smell are all put in check by nearly all the wildlife on the Planet - We really are not equipped to survive long if we had to rely soley on our senses.
    It's only true on the surface. Why? Because we're the only species known to have externalised our evolution by virtue of our large brains and choice. As you note a basic human, is well, basic. Our senses are weak compared to most animals and we're not very strong either pound for pound and our food sources in nature would be limited as a basic human. However, we came up with tools and more, we made tools that made other tools and fire and clothing etc and this did away with the need for evolution to take its sweet time and allowed us to exploit way more food sources and environments. Because of this externalisation of evolution we can now see further than any animal and see all of the spectrum and hear further and fly faster and higher and cross our entire planet with ease while sipping a glass of wine at 30,000 feet(and when Concorde was around we could do it at twice the speed of sound). We went from a few species of naked bipedal apes, tiny in number in the landscape using handaxes to sending men to the moon and probe proxies to the planets and did it in a remarkably short space of time species wise.
    If you believe the theory of evolution, then you accept that we basically crawled out of the sea and made changes over millions of years to adapt and survive in our habitat(s). Based on this concept, is it not expected that we continue to change and become partially mechanical in the future?
    Almost certainly. I'd be surprised if we weren't fully "machine based" in a couple of thousand years or less. What I suspect we'll do rather than change ourselves fully, we'll externalise our evolution again and create our own machine children to carry on our legacy. Such "humans" would be essentially immortal and would require much less energy than we do and could survive in far more environments. We could probably populate our neighbourhood of the galaxy in 50,000 years. If that's the trajectory of intelligent species in the universe then it is surprising we've not encountered such a species yet. Though maybe we have. Maybe some of these UFO's are such beings. Not craft containing beings, but the beings themselves?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

The thing with UFOs is this...

If you discount weather balloons, space debris, meteorites, weather phenomenon, birds, aeroplanes, booster rockets, missiles, helicopters, hang gliders, paragliders, drones & remote control craft what are we left with? Unidentified flying objects or UAP that's what.

So they're unidentified, they're not man made, not anything we know or understand as they disobey the laws of physics (as we understand them), so what are they and where do they come from? I guess we won't find out in June when (hopefully) the report comes out, but at least we might get closer to the truth.

My 2 cent is they are inter dimensional a lot of them anyway IMO

www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/former-cia-director-james-woolsey-talks-jfk-assassination-ufos/amp/

Another former CIA chief speaks out. James Woolsey was head of the CIA between 1993 and 1995.

"There was one case in which a friend of mine was able to have his aircraft stop at 40,000ft or so and not continue operating as a normal aircraft,” Amb. Woolsey explained while recounting one UFO encounter he was aware of.

I’m not as skeptical as I was a few years ago, to put it mildly. But something is going on that is surprising to a series of intelligent aircraft, experienced pilots,” he said. “And we will just have to see what it is".

John Brennan also spoke out recently. He headed the CIA between 2013 and 2017:
    https://futurism.com/former-cia-director-ufo-videos-quite-eyebrow-raising

John Ratcliffe was Director of National Intelligence from 2020-2021:
    https://youtu.be/iNLCfSnJDgs

It's bizarre how this is not headline news.

Also, you have to wonder why more questions are not being asked about this at press briefings. This is the only one so far:
    https://twitter.com/TheZignal/status/1376618376290787337?s=20

The Baptism of Christ by Aert De Gelder, 1710

mp,840x860,gloss,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Wow, I had no idea such UFO inspired artwork existed.

Wonder are there any other examples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i wonder will this report see the light of day??

surely for security reasons alone, the U.S. government will want to keep this hush hush

imagine the hysteria if its revealed there's alien life out there, people will go nuts

like in that movie Contact

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

fryup wrote: »

surely for security reasons alone the U.S. government want to keep this hush hush

imagine the hysteria if its revealed there's alien life out there, people will go nuts

Realistically, there's not too many Government's going to admit to unexplained breaches of their air space.

Russia, America nor China are likely to concede there are any ariel anomalies in their own respective air space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Really. That’s UFO inspired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

fryup wrote: »

surely for security reasons alone, the U.S. government will want to keep this hush hush

Why would the government say it's alien life? We don't know what it is. It's likely the government don't know what it is.

The former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Chris Melon and two former heads of the CIA has stated that their pilots have encounters with aircraft far in advance of our own.

Whatever your views on this topic it's certain that this is a paradigm shift.

• Advertisement

Really. That’s UFO inspired?

I dunno, just surmising as it doesn't look like an angel or a dove, more like a giant heavenly disk with rays of light beaming down.

Just s thought.

Loads of other examples!! from that era

I dunno, just surmising as it doesn't look like an angel or a dove, more like a giant heavenly disk with rays of light beaming down.

Just s thought.

Only if you want to back project the 1940’s idea of flying saucers or disks back into history.

ezekiel's wheel

The description in the bible sounds a hell of a lot like a UFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just s thought.

There’s a dove where the light is coming from in the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

With so many planets and galaxies in the universe, it would be arrogant to think that Earth is the only planet inhabited by intelligent life. That being said, such planets could be less developed than Earth... or too far away to reach.

If aliens did reveal themselves (like Independence Day or "V"), there would be absolute chaos and utter mayhem. We are programmed to believe that alien contact will be hostile. Our entire value system would be in question. Is there a God? Do the aliens have the same God?

Most Cold War UFO movies are allegorical in any case (i.e. the Soviet Union are the aliens).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSkGi8rfQi/?igshid=1tesnwksvyj2e Then you have Steven Greer's theory, that we have had this technology for years and the government does not want to pull the plug on the oil industry which brings its power pulling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSkGi8rfQi/?igshid=1tesnwksvyj2e Then you have Steven Greer's theory, that we have had this technology for years and the government does not want to pull the plug on the oil industry which brings its power pulling.

The same one from the fifth paragraph here.
    https://badufos.blogspot.com/2012/03/skeptic-at-2012-international-ufo.html

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

Steven Greer has been is considered a fraud by most in the UFO field.

In fact, he claims to have rejected a Government offer of 2 Billion dollars to drop an ET disclosure project he was working on...

He appears to be a jack of all trades, but master of none.

Ive watched several of his videos & interviews, and too be blunt... Ive never seen a man so far up his own hole in my life... Without doubt, he is a self serving, egotistical, narcissistic, opinionated buffoon of the highest order.

• Advertisement

Agreed, but the theory would not surprise me. It's strange how open things are getting all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The government? which one?

The Irish Government. The Healy-Rae's are not fooling me.

Speaking of which, has any Irish governmental people (current or retired) ever spoken out on this topic? Or are we stuck with Jim Corr as our spokesperson?

A quick Google search will show that airline crafts have reported things over the years but the Irish media give it their pre-2017 style ridicule, far from how US media and increasingly UK media are taking it seriously.

In the last two pages we’ve had UFOs in historical art and Steven Greer, things like that are why the topic is ridiculed.

• Advertisement

This is so weird. Aircraft or drones or whatever were hovering around a US destroyer for hours and they remained unidentified.

I used to work in the US dep of energy and they would know exactly who was approaching the main gate by scanning reg plates from 50 meters down the road.

It's a big deal that aircraft are being intercepted by unexplained aerial phenomenon.

I was looking at the anti-drone weaponry that is usually found on US destroyers and it's impressive. Lockheed engineered a laser based anti-drone system which now seems standard on these ships. The fact that the ships couldn't shoot these things down is worrying. There's a high chance that whatever is being reported has capabilities far in advance of the most advanced military in the world. Let's hope whatever it is is friendly.

The Navy and Lockheed Martin are taking a substantial leap forward with ship-based, high-powered laser weapons designed to incinerate enemy drones and also perform ISR missions, tracking targets such as incoming enemy cruise missiles, aircraft, or ships.

Lockheed’s High Energy Laser and Integrated Optical-dazzler with Surveillance (HELIOS) system “is the first of its kind, and brings together laser weapon, long-range ISR, and counter-UAS options available to the U.S. Navy,” Michele Evans, Lockheed Martin, Vice President and General Manager of Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors, said in a written statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Why do they persist in calling these things 'drones' when they literally state that they have no clue what these things are at all?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Listened to a good podcast the other day called are ufos real.

Completely demolished Bob Lazars story

Way too many holes in his yarn that for whatever reason loads of people (who consider themselves so smart) are happy to ignore.... that’s the real mystery.

Listened to a good podcast the other day called are ufos real.

Completely demolished Bob Lazars story

Way too many holes in his yarn that for whatever reason loads of people (who consider themselves so smart) are happy to ignore.... that’s the real mystery.

Is it on youtube the pod?

• Advertisement

Is it on youtube the pod?

Not sure. I listened to it via Acast. It’s 4 hours long and they go into it in depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Joe Rogan’s buddy put up this tweet earlier.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbell/status/1379485979958861827?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Why are UFO enthusiasts suddenly deciding to believe everything that comes out of the PR spin department from the likes of the Military Industrial Complex? 50 years ago the MIC told UFO enthusiasts they didn't have alien technology/bodies hidden in area 51, these same enthusiasts claimed the Military were lying about that back then, so why are the enthusiasts suddenly deciding to believe what the Military are saying now about 'unidentifiable drones that can't be identified, but we know they are in fact drones'

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

https://twitter.com/paulsanderson/status/1379513671689273346?s=20

Seems like a bit of hype about news coming. Since I've got into all this 4 years ago I've noticed this being a common occurrence, of 'big news'. Anything short of a triangle photo will be disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

This guy makes a lot of sense. I think he nailed it when it comes to our human understanding of the interaction of another kind.

https://streamable.com/hcnl2o

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

I do like to hear more about this phenomenon but I don't think some people are doing the field any favours.

Jeremey Corbell sounds like a Fox News presenter with statements like "BIG NEWS COMING LATER ECT ECT".

New photos. Again, nothing irrefutable that could be easily dismissed by a non-believer.
    News Report:
    https://youtu.be/8G5kNWzpFXc

https://twitter.com/MysteryWire/status/1379630280605061122?s=20

I think people are being disingenuous when they ask for a photo though. They know as well as I do that a photo isn't proof. These all can be easily faked.

The fact is that there's a mystery here. We know this from radar data and pilot testimonies. That said the photos look interesting but the fact they came from a navy pilot is much more interesting. Let's hope that the the camera operator is a verified as a navy pilot.

https://twitter.com/paulsanderson/status/1379513671689273346?s=20

Seems like a bit of hype about news coming. Since I've got into all this 4 years ago I've noticed this being a common occurrence, of 'big news'. Anything short of a triangle photo will be disappointing.

Triangle photos, are American craft, TR3B

• Advertisement
Advertisement