Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The Golden Mile handicap 2.45 Goodwood is usually won by younger higher rated horses from the lower half of the draw these days and the race is now attracting higher rated horses and it usually goes to well fancied horse,though favs have a poor enough record.
    One who fits the bill for me is Sir Busker who is in excellent form and ran a blinder over 7 furlongs lto.

Going back up to a mile is in his favour and i have backed him ew at 6 to1 4 places Pp and expect him to win.

I had 40 ew Sir Busker,20 ew at 6s and 20 ew at 15/2 and while being fully aware that jockeys cannot always get it right and if one wants to sit on the rail at Goodwood there is always a chance you will not get a run. I reckon Oisin was not at his best on a horse that should have gone close or won.

I felt the horse had a decent chance and will be on next time out i do hope Oisins luck/judgement improves.

7.25 Ling KENNOCHA 11/1

From stall 6, some pace around. Filly might be able to get the rails,
    save ground, and strike late.

Worth a win bet here

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

One for the second last race in Galway today 5.15 HALIMI 11/1 ew connections say he has a great chance and he's bolgers only horse today in Galway.

I backed Gulliver on a few occasions and his gutsy performances ensures he gets little relief from the handicapper.

David Omeara puts up promising claimer A Villiers to take off 5 lbs and while it is risky to put an inexperienced lad up in a race like the Stewards Cup,two 5 lb claimers have won this in the last 10 years and the 5 lbs less to carry will help.

The draw is supposed to have no bearing on the result but i prefer to have one drawn high or low and in stall 3 GULLIVER is just fine and 16/1 with PP paying 6 places (online at least) he is worth backing ew in this mad dash with 28 runners at 3.35 Goodwood,stablemate Summerghand is also likely to run well.

Both ran well in this last year finishing 4th and 6th when GULLIVER was running on strongly at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Will be doing a good value ew double in glorious good wood today.
    Kimifive in the stewards cup 3.35
    Mister Snowdon 4.0

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,423 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I backed Gulliver on a few occasions and his gutsy performances ensures he gets little relief from the handicapper.

David Omeara puts up promising claimer A Villiers to take off 5 lbs and while it is risky to put an inexperienced lad up in a race like the Stewards Cup,two 5 lb claimers have won this in the last 10 years and the 5 lbs less to carry will help.

The draw is supposed to have no bearing on the result but i prefer to have one drawn high or low and in stall 3 GULLIVER is just fine and 16/1 with PP paying 6 places (online at least) he is worth backing ew in this mad dash with 28 runners at 3.35 Goodwood,stablemate Summerghand is also likely to run well.

Both ran well in this last year finishing 4th and 6th when GULLIVER was running on strongly at the finish.

What a finish :D

7.45 Hamilton

Small each way on ONDA DISTRICT here in hope
    more than anything else.

Frankster and Flying Moon should go well here I suspect.

Three in the next (and last) 2 races at the Scottish venue.

8.15 MY VALENTINO & ROSEMAY

About 25s and 16s. Gone each way. Don't like the well backed fav Temper Trap -
    has a bit to prove imo. Place lay perhaps. Currently 13/8. Very short and no value.

GRANITE CITY DOC

About 10s and bigger available. Should give this each way backer a run for his money.

Gluck

Three in the next (and last) 2 races at the Scottish venue.

8.15 MY VALENTINO & ROSEMAY

About 25s and 16s. Gone each way. Don't like the well backed fav Temper Trap -
    has a bit to prove imo. Place lay perhaps. Currently 13/8. Very short and no value.

GRANITE CITY DOC

About 10s and bigger available. Should give this each way backer a run for his money.

Gluck

Couldn't have been any wronger there :D:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Couldn't have been any wronger there :D:(:o

The other one saved you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Panko is the biggest outsider in the race and drifting like a barge. Backed him at 33s, there's a decent horse in there somewhere. 3.40 Leicester

Jash 3/1 2.25 Newcastle is on a comeback. Hopefully comes back in fine form and smashes all these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Panko is the biggest outsider in the race and drifting like a barge. Backed him at 33s, there's a decent horse in there somewhere. 3.40 Leicester

Jash 3/1 2.25 Newcastle is on a comeback. Hopefully comes back in fine form and smashes all these.

Poor

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

I think Nubough has a squeak in the 4:50 today. Trainer is in good form and the Jockey has a more than respectable strike rate in Catterick. Il be going ew on the selection

5.30 Southwell THIBAULT 3/1

I think this one has a right good chance here. 2nd chase run. First was very promising over a 1/2 mile shorter.
    Will win here I feel. I think it's better than JP's jolly who's probably vulnerable I reckon having won on softish ground
    last time out. Confidence high here.

Maybe Kitty's light could fill second spot, as he's only 4, and tackling the larger obstacles after just 3 hurdles runs, so I'm
    assuming there's a good reason for him lining up. Each way saver on this one at 8/1. Moans cross is also of some interest on
    handicap debut.

Good luck all

Seaforth has an exposed look about him in the 8.15 at Lingfield without a doubt,but has been running well which is more than can be said about some of the opposition
    At 7 to1 is worth a bet ew so I put a score ew at 7 to 1.

I give DAN GUN a squeak here s'well 6.00

5 each way selections for some interest at Southwell

6.30 OWBEG 80/1 & DANTE'S VIEW 10/1

7.00 CAST IN GREY 12/1

7.30 HERMANUS 16/1

8.30 KABRIT 8/1

gLUCK all

E/W Lucky 15 to pass the evening.

Golden Rules  6.45 Lingfield
    Pearl Beach 7.45 Lingfield
    Manor Park 7.30 Southwell
    LOVE THE WELL 8.30 Southwell

Seaforth has an exposed look about him in the 8.15 at Lingfield without a doubt,but has been running well which is more than can be said about some of the opposition
    At 7 to1 is worth a bet ew so I put a score ew at 7 to 1.

Zimmer you legend and nice drift out to 9,s

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Top Tip on Seaforth Zimmer. Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Great Spot Zimmerman. Thanks.

Another great shout Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Well done

One for tomorrow at a big price ew
    3.30 Wexford DASMYHOSS 33/1 with paddypower ew

No sign of Zimmer he must be having a few and celebrating being a great horsey tipper.great stuff zimm truly appreciate m8.

Derry Boy has had a funny history,mostly running over 6,7 and 8 furlongs despite running one of his best races over 9 and a half furlongs last November.
    Moved to current trainer,had wind operation and ran 3 races over 7 furlongs.
    Ran a good 2nd when stepped up to a mile before winning well over 10 furlongs last time and I fancy we have not seen the best of him yet,goes 6.35 Ling.

Ultimate Getaway 4.55 NA is on a 3 timer,normally a double penalty would put me off but with a 7 lbs claimed on board 7 to with Pp is good value.

In the amateur race 6.10 at Ayr where anything can happen 2 appeal

ROYAL SHAHEEN 8/1 Gen

Is twice a course winner and has won on soft. First time cheekpieces can be a cause for some optimism too.

MAX GUEVARA 40/1 Gen

Has ran twice on ground described as Soft and also Heavy, and has ran well both times. Has ran a few times on the All Weather, but most
    of his runs have been on turf with good in the description. Most of those have been mediocre at best, with just the one
    win, and that was on good ground. Can discount his last run as that was after an absence. He can definitely outrun those odds with the ground description being as it is.

Worth a couple of each way bets methinks.

Gluck

E/W Lucky 15 for this evening

Berkshire Philly 5.35 Lingfield
    Hasty Sailor 7.35 Lingfield
    Chasing Abbey 6.50 Sligo
    Coeur Aimant 5.50 Sligo

• Advertisement

In the amateur race 6.10 at Ayr where anything can happen 2 appeal

ROYAL SHAHEEN 8/1 Gen

Is twice a course winner and has won on soft. First time cheekpieces can be a cause for some optimism too.

MAX GUEVARA 40/1 Gen

Has ran twice on ground described as Soft and also Heavy, and has ran well both times. Has ran a few times on the All Weather, but most
    of his runs have been on turf with good in the description. Most of those have been mediocre at best, with just the one
    win, and that was on good ground. Can discount his last run as that was after an absence. He can definitely outrun those odds with the ground description being as it is.

Worth a couple of each way bets methinks.

Gluck

Meeting appears to be abandoned, wasn't aware of this when looking at the cards. I just checked the results and the 3.40 was the last race to take place :pac: :confused::(

Advertisement