Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So if trump wins we wont hear anything about voter fraud?

We probably will, because chances are even if he wins he'll have lost the popular vote by more than he did to Clinton, so he'll claim it's because of mass voter fraud and that it's getting even worse than it was four years ago. Even though they investigated it four years ago and found no evidence of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

its got so pathetic and was under impression could not get worse than when
    "dustin" was accepted in eurovision.
    not able to laugh or cry

• Registered Users Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump uses voter suppression, no need for voter fraud.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh we absolutely will.

There is an almost zero chance that Trump wins the popular vote and if he wins the EC vote it will be by a tiny margin in a few States , likely decided by the courts.

In both cases he and his surrogates will be shouting endlessly about Voter fraud.

Either to justify/defend the court decisions or as others say, to complain that he really won the popular vote by millions and millions if you exclude all those fake votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Last time out, who was pushing allegations of voter fraud and recounts on behalf of Mrs. Clinton?

Clinton camp splits from White House on Jill Stein recount push
    Stein’s petition to Wisconsin, a copy of which was obtained by the Guardian, focused on concerns that foreign actors might have copied the state’s voter registration database and then filed bogus absentee ballots. No direct evidence supporting this claim was cited.

In requesting the recounts, Stein is acting on behalf of a loose coalition of academics and election experts. Her Wisconsin petition features an affidavit by J Alex Halderman, the director of Michigan University’s Center for Computer Security and Society, who has for years detailed vulnerabilities in electronic voting machines used in the US.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement

Last time out, who was pushing allegations of voter fraud and recounts on behalf of Mrs. Clinton?

Clinton camp splits from White House on Jill Stein recount push
    There's no point in that article where the Clinton campaign say they believe there is fraud. In fact, they emphasise they've seen no indication of it. But they did support a recount if it was requested, that was it. Meanwhile Trump started an investigation into voter fraud because he didn't get the popular vote.

There's no point in that article where the Clinton campaign say they believe there is fraud. In fact, they emphasise they've seen no indication of it. But they did support a recount if it was requested, that was it. Meanwhile Trump started an investigation into voter fraud because he didn't get the popular vote.

Plus Hilary conceded on the night of the election. Strongly doubt we'll ever see Trump do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Penn wrote: »
    Plus Hilary conceded on the night of the election. Strongly doubt we'll ever see Trump do the same thing.

As far as I remember, she did not concede on the night. Didnt she send Podesta out to send her supporters home? I think his words were along the lines of 'not giving up'. I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

‘He wont conceed’ is just this elections ‘he’ll start all the wars’ its a baseless bogeyman with nothing to suggest it has any basis in reality.

As far as I remember, she did not concede on the night. Didnt she send Podesta out to send her supporters home? I think his words were along the lines of 'not giving up'. I could be wrong

According to Wikipedia, she called Trump to concede in the early hours of Wednesday morning (election was on Tuesday). Made her concession speech the next morning.
    As the results came in on election night, November 8, 2016, Clinton lost in multiple states that she had been predicted to win. In the early morning hours of November 9, media sources declared Trump the winner of the presidency.[263] Clinton lost the electoral vote while winning the popular vote, in what the New York Times called a "surprise outcome" after polls leading up to election day had predicted a Clinton victory.[264][265] She congratulated Trump on the win in the early morning hours of November 9, 2016, and delivered her public concession speech at 11:50 AM ET, November 9, 2016.[266]

So she conceded when it was clear she lost. My point is, I don't think Trump will do so, and will instead try to challenge or dispute the results in any close State, as he has already signalled his intent to. Even if he fully loses court challenges etc, I doubt he will ever say he lost the election, he will maintain that he was cheated out of it.

• Advertisement

‘He wont conceed’ is just this elections ‘he’ll start all the wars’ its a baseless bogeyman with nothing to suggest it has any basis in reality.

It's based on Trump strongly and repeatedly implying that he will challenge the results if he doesn't win.

You don't need to be Scooby Doo to see that Trump is under the mask of this particular bogeyman.

Mrs. Clinton has yet to find closure for her defeat. On the night she was told by then US president Obama to concede. A few months later she put out a book called "What happened" which blamed everyone but her for the defeat - allegedly her husband told her "you lost" and to this day she is still ranting about the Russians.
    You can see why the Clinton campaign latched on to the recounts and got Jill Stein to front the recounts.

Insiders account reveals Obama twice phoned hesitant Clinton, pushing her to concede election defeat
    First came a call from White House political director David Simas to Clinton’s campaign manager, Robby Mook. “POTUS doesn’t think it’s wise to drag this out,” Simas said.

But Clinton was dragging it out.

So then she got a call from POTUS. “You need to concede,” urged Obama, who repeated the message in a follow-up call to Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta.

At last, Clinton said, “Give me the phone.” And then the first woman who was going to be president got her opponent on the line and said two words she never expected to say: “Congratulations, Donald.”

Moments later, Obama was back on the phone, this time making a consolation call. “Mr. President,” Clinton said softly. “I’m sorry.”

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's based on Trump strongly and repeatedly implying that he will challenge the results if he doesn't win.

You don't need to be Scooby Doo to see that Trump is under the mask of this particular bogeyman.

Indeed - I have no issues with any candidate challenging a result based on the facts at hand , we see it here all the time where a recount is requested when it's really tight. That's part of the democratic process - AFTER the Election.

Each State has a process to challenge votes (hanging chads anyone) or a threshold for when a recount can be requested - Using those processes is perfectly fine and part of the rules.

But Trump has repeatedly said in recent weeks that the only way he can lose is if the other side cheat , he is calling fraud before the Election.

That is utterly unacceptable.

Mrs. Clinton has yet to find closure for her defeat. On the night she was told by then US president Obama to concede. A few months later she put out a book called "What happened" which blamed everyone but her for the defeat - allegedly her husband told her "you lost" and to this day she is still ranting about the Russians.
    You can see why the Clinton campaign latched on to the recounts and got Jill Stein to front the recounts.

Insiders account reveals Obama twice phoned hesitant Clinton, pushing her to concede election defeat

But she did concede..

She was not happy about it and probably(definitely) still isn't and her personal feelings are just that.

But she did the correct thing from a Democratic process perspective , she conceded when the fight was done.

There is absolutely no indication that Trump would do the same.

Imagine the result next month is an exact inverse of 2016 and Trump loses by ~70,000 votes across two or three States.

Will he make that phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But she did concede..

She was not happy about it and probably(definitely) still isn't and her personal feelings are just that.

But she did the correct thing from a Democratic process perspective , she conceded when the fight was done.

Imagine the result next month is an exact inverse of 2016 and Trump loses by ~70,000 votes across two or three States.

“Theres no indication that he will” , its like that tv joke “your friend can be a murderer, after all he never said he wasn't a murderer , and if he did thats exactly what a murderer would say”

If it did come down to it I think he’d conceed in a snotty way that is childish but he’d conceed and move on , none of this crap about ‘will have to be dragged out of the whitehouse / ask for endless recounts”

“Theres no indication that he will” , its like that tv joke “your friend can be a murderer, after all he never said he wasn't a murderer , and if he did thats exactly what a murderer would say”

If it did come down to it I think he’d conceed in a snotty way that is childish but he’d conceed and move on , none of this crap about ‘will have to be dragged out of the whitehouse / ask for endless recounts”

I agree that he won't need to be "dragged out of the WH" or whatever - That's always been silly , but he has said himself that the only way he can lose is if the Democratic party cheat , so he is the one "setting the scene" for him not conceding and fighting endlessly. It's not a creation of the media , it's his own statements.

He literally stated he can't guarantee a peaceful transition of power due to voter fraud.... Which he hasn't substantiated. I also suspect you and others will defend however he behaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Trump with Covid is more active than Biden without it, stick a fork in it, Biden is done, Trump will crush him now.

Thank you brand new username. All hail the glorious leader. May he reign for a thousand years!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,495 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He literally stated he can't guarantee a peaceful transition of power due to voter fraud.... Which he hasn't substantiated. I also suspect you and others will defend however he behaves.

Yes, but you re failing to recognise that this is one of those examples of Trump, being the man that tells it like it is, not actually meaning what he says and its all just a big joke.

I still haven't worked out how his supporters, or anyone else, can tell when he is telling it like it is and when he is simply joking around.

Trump means what he says, except when he doesn't. That's why I know that he is doing perfectly fine because he said he was and he never lies, except when he needs to and then its perfectly acceptable.

If Trump loses he will still be whinging in four years time.

Hell, he'll probably whinge even if he wins!

• Advertisement

If Trump loses he will still be whinging in four years time.

Hell, he'll probably whinge even if he wins!

You should know his form by now, he'll be reminding us what an amazing, tremendous, terrific, and fabulous time we had while he was president of the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,196 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's a doppleganger the deep state have replaced Trump and are going to carry on. They are testing the waters firstly with a few far away shots to get people used to the slightly different look. They are going to pass that off as the results of a really interesting illness.

If we see a picture of him wearing no shoes then that will confirm it is a doppleganger.

If we see a picture of him wearing no shoes then that will confirm it is a doppleganger.

It will be easier than that, ask the double a simple question. If he answers coherently then we know Trumps been replaced.

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the SNL skit of the debate? Jim Carey as Biden is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,588 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But she did concede..

Add her name to nearly every candidate who’s lost a US presidential election in modern history. If there were happy about it, then there’d be questions. There is no requirement to concede by phone or otherwise and it has no legal power either as was seen in 2000 when Al Gore made two phone calls to GWB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

A good piece from The Rising.. talking about the differences from 16 polls to this year's polls. The steady lead Joe has held now for months, the virus handling.. the first debate that even Donnie's base have said it was a sh!t show from him.. also the big swing in the older vote towards Joe.. all reasons why you should start to believe the polls in 2020.

https://youtu.be/iPCup8evy3Q

Might as well add this in here.. Saagar absolutely ripping Donnie and the WH a new hole for the sh!t show that was Donnie and the virus (is he okay, no he isn't or actually yes he is) the flat out lies were totally unnecessary, and the attempts to fake news the whole thing that no one knew what the truth was.. Donnie totally failing at being a normal president has/will cost him at the ballot box.

https://youtu.be/jo7tbBLBYN8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

duploelabs wrote: »

She’s been holding maskless gaggles with the presss. Reckless.

Noooooo!!!!

Who's gonna lie for Donny now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭threeball

Who's gonna lie for Donny now?

He seems to have a queue of muppets lining up to do it. At least she was nice to look at so you could tune out from her inane ramblings for a minute or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement