Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry MO4, I know you seem like a lovely lady but I'd pull the roots of hair out of your head for Jeff Goldblum.

:D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry MO4, I know you seem like a lovely lady but I'd pull the roots of hair out of your head for Jeff Goldblum.

Lol , it'll be hard to get a grip on a buzz cut but hair pulling time it is :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , it'll be hard to get a grip on a buzz cut but hair pulling time it is :p

It's funny because Jeff is decades older than I am but I'd take him any day over any of the modern day supposed Hollywood heartthrobs.
    He reminds me of Deepak Chopra a lot.
    I also will admit to finding David Jason when he plays Inspector Frost in a Touch of Frost to be very appealing!

It's funny because Jeff is decades older than I am but I'd take him any day over any of the modern day supposed Hollywood heartthrobs.
    He reminds me of Deepak Chopra a lot.
    I also will admit to finding David Jason when he plays Inspector Frost in a Touch of Frost to be very appealing!

Have to say , we've very similar taste PM :)

Have to say , we've very similar taste PM :)

But my ultimate older man fantasy has to be the boss himself, Mr Bruce Springsteen, God's special gift to this world :)

But my ultimate older man fantasy has to be the boss himself, Mr Bruce Springsteen, God's special gift to this world :)

Ricky Gervais is my man at the moment, I've never been a fan of supposedly very good looking men,mind you Beckham has a great body alright and has got better looking as hes aged imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, none of ye need worry about me pulling your hair out. I'd pull my own hair out if it meant avoiding Gervais.

Ricky Gervais is my man at the moment, I've never been a fan of supposedly very good looking men,mind you Beckham has a great body alright and has got better looking as hes aged imo.

Oh good lord no no no .
    Are you still feeling ill Duvet or did all those buttered breadsticks addle your taste last night ? :p
    Only joking about feeling ill sorry , but not about those other two .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work trundle, can't able..

How many more before your next night off, Grem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Hoping it pans out and you have a somewhat easy evening for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How many more before your next night off, Grem?

I don't think Grem does days off from the sound of it. It's not a day off, it's a recovery day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kowloon wrote: »
    I don't think Grem does days off from the sound of it. It's not a day off, it's a recovery day.

Yup tomorrow is recovery, extra sleep and sloth behaviour, back in Thursday night I'll be home around half nine tomorrow morning, hopefully fall face first into the bed

Yup tomorrow is recovery, extra sleep and sloth behaviour, back in Thursday night I'll be home around half nine tomorrow morning, hopefully fall face first into the bed

I used to do 7 waking nights and then a week off. They would come around once every 6 to 8 weeks. They suited some people but I found myself thinking "oh great a whole day off to do stuff" and not sleep. I wasn't long learning.

Chair side. Time to put on pj top. The only benefit for me in working from home is being pj bottomed :D

Sloth the hell out of that day then!

Sloth the hell out of that day then!

That sounds like effort!. :p

I used to do 7 waking nights and then a week off. They would come around once every 6 to 8 weeks. They suited some people but I found myself thinking "oh great a whole day off to do stuff" and not sleep. I wasn't long learning.

Chair side. Time to put on pj top. The only benefit for me in working from home is being pj bottomed :D

I once did week on/week off nights for about 6 months. I liked the money but very soon all I could do during my week off was sleep/laze around.

if I could work from home I'd get an illicit thrill from answering corporate emails and phone calls in the nip! I'd have to do it.

So you're pulling a newsreader during the Zoom meetings?

I won't go into the mental imagines that provoked!

• Advertisement

I won't go into the mental imagines that provoked!

I'm sitting there with my hair nice and my earrings in and a top of some sort on and pj bottoms and slippers.

I do fools dem all!

Whatever clothes i have on are potential pyjamas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Damp and chilly out. Stuck the heating on for an hour to perk up the gaff. Searching Disney+ for memories over dinner. Probably bed after that at some point.

I know it's terribly selfish but I like that Grem is almost always working nights. On a crap night, where I can't sleep.. I like knowing she's out there, somewhere and I'm not the only person I know awake. Sorry Grem!

I know it's terribly selfish but I like that Grem is almost always working nights. On a crap night, where I can't sleep.. I like knowing she's out there, somewhere and I'm not the only person I know awake. Sorry Grem!

Hey, i kinda like that i'm some sort of night sentry for the lonely souls :P

Speaking of i hope wildwillow got on ok today.

Whatever clothes i have on are potential pyjamas :pac:

Always be prepared, Grem. I like that.

Indeed, Grem, you are the wherer's guardian angel, watching over us while we sleep, in comfy attire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

So you're pulling a newsreader during the Zoom meetings?

Lucky newsreader!!

Lucky newsreader!!

Name checks out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Bedside. House and properly pissed off :mad:

PJs on the conf calls working from home is great! I actually interviewed for my job with a suit on top end and combat style shorts on the bottom end for the interviews after the first one.. seemed pointless to put long pants on for the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Listening to a lovely piece of music called On the nature of daylight. I was listening to a lot of Ennio yesterday evening and it led on to this on Spotify so saved it to one of my playlists. I think I remember it from Shutter Island. A bit sad but a lovely piece of music.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled on the bed, buck naked after a shower, feeling good after getting my hair cut in the barber for the first time in 4 months and some badly needed filling work done at the dentist.

My OH and myself are off to mighty Mayo for a break for his birthday which is on Friday. I can’t expect miracles with this utterly rotten weather but hopefully it’ll be better than today.

• Advertisement

Money laundering, covid style, my loose change doused liberally in isopropyl alcohol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,544 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Chilled on the bed, buck naked after a shower, feeling good after getting my hair cut in the barber for the first time in 4 months and some badly needed filling work done at the dentist.

My OH and myself are off to mighty Mayo for a break for his birthday which is on Friday. I can’t expect miracles with this utterly rotten weather but hopefully it’ll be better than today.

The weather is forecast to pick up so you might get lucky. The whest is probably not the best spot for good weather though!

Listening to a lovely piece of music called On the nature of daylight. I was listening to a lot of Ennio yesterday evening and it led on to this on Spotify so saved it to one of my playlists. I think I remember it from Shutter Island. A bit sad but a lovely piece of music.

Must look it up , I like new music to listen to .

Anyone got a loan of a pair of wellie boots for an hour Saturday morning? !
    May or may not be returned covered in cow **** :p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

In the leaba about to drop off to sleep. Busy day today, grocery shopping, trying out the new washing machine and making prawns with pesto and pasta for dinner. Well, a busy day for me anyway :p Night night you lovely people :)

Must look it up , I like new music to listen to .

Anyone got a loan of a pair of wellie boots for an hour Saturday morning? !
    May or may not be returned covered in cow **** :p

You've been warned: There's no wild beef in Ireland!

You've been warned: There's no wild beef in Ireland!

There might be a few mad cows still around though :p

That's goddam right. Good one Mam :D

No wild beef?. You take it's feed away and see how wild it gets :P

No wild beef?. You take it's feed away and see how wild it gets :P

Wild? I was absolutely livid!

There might be a few mad cows still around though :p

Mooooooo :D

• Advertisement

I was so mad i produced a milkshake :eek:

That's goddam right. Good one Mam :D

Thank you , it's not very often that happens:pac:

Sick reference! :D

DPubCcfX0AAx-dq.jpg

I was so mad i produced a milkshake :eek:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
    And they're like "it's better than yours"
    Dawn right! It's better than yours.
    I could teach you, but I'd have to charge

I feel so much better now, for some weird reason

Mooooooo :D

It's nice to know I'm not the only one around :p

Goodnight earthlings. May your sleeps be peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, hoping for a good night sleep. Has been hit n miss lately and I'm knackered.

Also feckin wrecked, so tired now extra pain has kicked off. So glad that after this week the hours will be down a little..

It's the damp, dreary weather, I can't wait for the sun later in the week.

Couchside, weary and sad.

• Advertisement

Nearly there, by my fingernails admittedly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement