Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

IPlayer came back to full screen for me today but it's buffering constantly, unwatchable. I have good broadband speed so it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why do the BBC put so much effort into restricting the iPlayer and enforcing the Geo lock does anyone know?

It's not like we in Ireland don't get their TV channels? Maybe they should look at introducing a version of the iPlayer to coincide with their sky/,virgin packages that we pay for here.

Maybe even offer a sub only available version, so if your paying sky legit you get access? I dunno if that's possible even.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,832 ✭✭✭✭muffler

McMurphy wrote: »
    Why do the BBC put so much effort into restricting the iPlayer and enforcing the Geo lock does anyone know?
    I'd imagine it's for legal reasons. Probably something to do with not having a broadcasting licence here.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

muffler wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's for legal reasons. Probably something to do with not having a broadcasting licence here.

And because they sell their content to English-language TV stations all over the world. If iplayer was freely and easily available all over the world then BBC wouldn't earn as much revenue from their content

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Any updated promo codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

useless wrote: »
    And because they sell their content to English-language TV stations all over the world. If iplayer was freely and easily available all over the world then BBC wouldn't earn as much revenue from their content

Isn't there some sort of EU law stating that it should be viewable all over the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Del007 wrote: »
    Isn't there some sort of EU law stating that it should be viewable all over the EU?

I don't think so. Unless it's a recent change you needed a vpn to watch RTE player outside the island of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Del007 wrote: »

If you reside in the jurisdiction it should be available outside it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I think it only applies if you pay for a service. Bbc and rte are free

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Is the bbc iplayer issue fixed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm watching something on iPlayer right now through Firestick.
    I will say at times I find it works better using the non-streaming servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Is the specific BBC iPlayer server working or do you have to select another server in the UK ?

It was working for me earlier, the other UK ones were working as well.
    There has been a few times where it has stopped to buffer but aside from that been fine.

I find sometimes with iPlayer that even if it says "Something is Wrong" if you just try again without changing server it even works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ThePott wrote: »
    I find sometimes with iPlayer that even if it says "Something is Wrong" if you just try again without changing server it even works.

I find that if I've accidentally tried to watch something on a non uk server or my own IP and I get that error, that I will continue to get that error for that specific episode I try to watch, but anything else is ok. After a while it will fix itself out but typically never works immediately after an attempt that brings up that message.

It worked for me this morning when I immediately tried it again but I agree, it's wildly inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Hi I have keepsolid VPN trying to use it on iPad 5 to access Netflix but keeps showing the Irish one, is there something I'm doing wrong? Instructions on their site are fairly straightforward

Hi I have keepsolid VPN trying to use it on iPad 5 to access Netflix but keeps showing the Irish one, is there something I'm doing wrong? Instructions on their site are fairly straightforward

I had problems accessing other Netflix but turning off ipv6 sorted it.
    I don't know much about ipads but I think they don't allow this on the device so you might have to apply it to the router (how to go about this I think will depend on the router you have)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Anyone else having issues with expiry again on keepsolid? Tried the logout and login and it still says expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with expiry again on keepsolid? Tried the logout and login and it still says expired.

I updated the app and it sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Quidco offering CyberGhost with 100% cashback. 80 quid for three years.
    Never used it myself so can't vouch for it

https://www.quidco.com/cyberghost-vpn/

531256.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Anyone willing to share vpn access?
    Looking for a good and reliable vpn service.
    I am not an heavy user I would use on one device only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

fmul9798 wrote: »

No but for some reason it keeps logging me out on the Fire Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭maik3n

10% discount for the deal mentioned in the original post
    http://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Use coupon code SMS10

If you pay through payal, you can grab it for approx €30. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hi,

I see a few posts over the past few weeks saying this is not stable on a Firestick and buffering?

Would I be better off so avoiding this as it's main purpose would be to use it on a Firestick.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Never experienced buffering on firestick with it. And using very frequently throughout last 11 months, mostly for iplayer, netflix, disney+ and hulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

No issues whatsoever with keepsolid on my 4k firestick, streaming quality with the VPN on the stick is excellent, if there's any buffering it's always down to the app I'm streaming on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ohmeha wrote: »
    No issues whatsoever with keepsolid on my 4k firestick, streaming quality with the VPN on the stick is excellent, if there's any buffering it's always down to the app I'm streaming on

Everything else is fine but still cant run iplayer on it without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

How do you load the VPN on to a firestick?

Thanks

EletricMan wrote: »

Thanks

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

EletricMan wrote: »

Thanks

Tried it and have had poor results atleast for indian servers using disney+hotstar app !!

Advertisement