Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Yikes. I better start practising!!

It did not help that I didn't have a calculator!! The maths is easy enough but time consuming to do on paper!! Did them a second time and it went better. Got 25/30 on verbal and 16/18 on numerical. Just unfortunate that they don't tell you which ones you got wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It did not help that I didn't have a calculator!! The maths is easy enough but time consuming to do on paper!! Did them a second time and it went better. Got 25/30 on verbal and 16/18 on numerical. Just unfortunate that they don't tell you which ones you got wrong

They don't tell you which ones you got wrong?! That's a pity. The practice EO ones on the general site did. Well done though they're really good scores!!

They don't tell you which ones you got wrong?! That's a pity. The practice EO ones on the general site did. Well done though they're really good scores!!

No they just tell you how many you got right, wrong and left blank which is rather annoying as it doesn't help much tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CK2019

Jesus lads, just did the practise ones and they did not go well..... I'm totally out of the zone with them!!! Don't remember finding them this hard for general EO

Glad I’m not the only one who’s rusty! Tried them yesterday and definitely need to keep practicing! And hate how they don’t tell you what ones you got wrong, not very helpful.

CK2019 wrote: »
    Glad I’m not the only one who’s rusty! Tried them yesterday and definitely need to keep practicing! And hate how they don’t tell you what ones you got wrong, not very helpful.

I know, very annoying they don't specify which were incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gnat

Does anybody have any idea on how many stages there are to this 'competition'. I'm just wondering whether all the pain and heartache is worth the effort. After all, this is an analysts job with the CS and pays a massive 29k a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Would anyone happen to know what the qualifying score on both tests are?

Would anyone happen to know what the qualifying score on both tests are?

We won't know until we get results.

For general EO, the total marks for each were 80 and the qualifying marks were 38 but it could be totally different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Gnat wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea on how many stages there are to this 'competition'. I'm just wondering whether all the pain and heartache is worth the effort. After all, this is an analysts job with the CS and pays a massive 29k a year.

There is an old thread here from 2016? what describes the process and it seems there will be at least two more stages and the process might go until February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

We won't know until we get results.

For general EO, the total marks for each were 80 and the qualifying marks were 38 but it could be totally different

I think your right they might be weighted differently, I imagine the Maths will be more important to normal CS tests.

Skip13 wrote: »
    I think your right they might be weighted differently, I imagine the Maths will be more important to normal CS tests.

Thats my view also, especially as in general EO the numerical score does not contribute to OOM which I think would be unusual for this particular role

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

i wonder why numerical doesnt contribute? strange isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

just tried the practice verbal reasoning one, I was far too over confident going into it, bit of a reality check there!

Toshi101 wrote: »
    just tried the practice verbal reasoning one, I was far too over confident going into it, bit of a reality check there!

This was me ha. I did rather well in general EO so thought the practice ones would be a breeze.... I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

Toshi101 wrote: »

I was so tired trying to do them, they are boring 😂! They're a different format to the CO sample tests I did, much more confusing...... I said 'cannot say' way too many times

• Advertisement

This was me ha. I did rather well in general EO so thought the practice ones would be a breeze.... I was wrong

I done well in the Eo practice ones on the publicjobs site, the SHL one is much harder. The dodgy amazon gift card stuff put me off at the start, is everyone doing the practice link supplied in the word document with the pre test familiarization material?

I done well in the Eo practice ones on the publicjobs site, the SHL one is much harder. The dodgy amazon gift card stuff put me off at the start, is everyone doing the practice link supplied in the word document with the pre test familiarization material?

I only did the ones in familiarisation material. I didn't bother with public jobs ones as they are not from the company

yessiryes wrote: »
    I was so tired trying to do them, they are boring 😂! They're a different format to the CO sample tests I did, much more confusing...... I said 'cannot say' way too many times

Yeah the CO ones are from cut-e as far as I know so a totally different layout

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

Good, that the weather is bad no excuse but to practice!!! God I hate practicing

Got the test link just there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same - best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does anyone know where in Letterkenny I can go to do the test which has reliable WiFi?

I'm in holidays in the back of beyond in Gweedore!!

Think I'm going to do mine tomorrow after work and get it done and dusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Does anyone know where in Letterkenny I can go to do the test which has reliable WiFi?

I'm in holidays in the back of beyond in Gweedore!!

The Radisson used to have decent wifi but its been ages since I've been in. I assume you're stuck where you are till the 7th.
    An Cuairt has Wifi which might be more convenient for you.

Maldesu wrote: »
    The Radisson used to have decent wifi but its been ages since I've been in. I assume you're stuck where you are till the 7th.
    An Cuairt has Wifi which might be more convenient for you.

Super, thanks. Might throw the family into the pet farm while I do the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Did the test this morning, I actually think the verbal went better that I could have expected even though i am weaker at those. Of course I could have 1/30, I had loads of time to spare too...

On a previous EO assessment I freaked out and quit half way through so completing it is a huge leap forward for me.

i am a lot stronger on the maths and would usually get 90% correct but there was two I had to put can not say for as I had spent to much time on them and needed to move on...

Overall I am very happy with it and I think it went better than my last attempt (I finished both haha)

Is everyone doing the practice tests on Shldirect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Is everyone doing the practice tests on Shldirect?

I found the practice tests on before the real ones on the link they sent better. It told you which ones you got wrong so you could try understand better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JHic28

Hi All, feeling better reading your comments finding the practise tests very confusing.. think Il have to do the real one bright and early some morning!

Race/Ethnic Origin: White or Irish...went with Irish :)

• Advertisement

Woke up with a migraine today and have no computer at home so this is now going to have to wait until Tuesday unfortunately

One thing I'll say is - you have more time than you think!

Mc Love wrote: »
    One thing I'll say is - you have more time than you think!

Thats good to hear, I hope it went well for you :-)

Thats good to hear, I hope it went well for you :-)

Scratch that - numerical I could definitely have used more time :(

Did it this morning.verbal was fine but the maths was tricky, made worse by only having a phone calculator and not a real one.

I found the practice tests on before the real ones on the link they sent better. It told you which ones you got wrong so you could try understand better.

That’s great to hear thanks. I went from scoring nearly 100% on the practice EO ones to 30% on the practice SHL ones. Definitely need a proper calculator! Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Risoc

Can I do one test now and leave the other a few days?

Practice SHL ones are a nightmare, finding numerical ok but serious lack of time on them....verbal I'm not doing too great either tbh so not feeling too positive right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AbbieDem97

What's a passing score? The verbal section went fairly well, the numerical section however did not. Is there no chance of an interview if you don't pass?

• Advertisement

AbbieDem97 wrote: »
    What's a passing score? The verbal section went fairly well, the numerical section however did not. Is there no chance of an interview if you don't pass?

They won't release the passing marks until we get our results.

If you don't pass you won't progress to the next stage and even if you do pass there is no guarantee that you will be called to the next stage

Risoc wrote: »
    Can I do one test now and leave the other a few days?

No

Same numerical was tough

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AbbieDem97

They won't release the passing marks until we get our results.

If you don't pass you won't progress to the next stage and even if you do pass there is no guarantee that you will be called to the next stage

And when will the results be out?

And when will the results be out?

I don't know, for CO it took almost four weeks, for EO it only took a week. I think it depends on how busy they are. With it being August I'm not sure that it will be very quick as I presume like most offices, they are totally understaffed

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Does anybody know how many questions are there in the numerical and verbal real test? Is it a similar test to the EO ones in the 2016 campaign? Had to bring my laptop on holidays with me and can't bring myself to practise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

just finished there, far tougher then I expected, time to put out of my mind now for the while. Best of luck to anyone still doing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Maggieclerical

Hi all, did test last night went ok could have went a lot better - to anyone who hasn't yet keep redoing practice ones to get into right mindset, I found practice ones just before test Great! Time is the biggest killerðŸ˜good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Has any body done them on work computer? Did it cause problems like they say? I've done the practice on work comp with no issues. would just be more peaceful to get them done in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I did them earlier today, I found the last few on numerical very tough to the point that I didn't even understand what they were asking let alone how to figure them out. Oh well.....

Just completed them...def a false sense of security with the first few questions, by the end my brain had well and truly melted! Oh well time to forget about it all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

were ratios and currency conversion a major part of the test?

• Advertisement
Advertisement