Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crime and policing analyst in AGS (EO level)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Suaeva

Results are in, taking 384 to stage 2 on August 30th and 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Suaeva wrote: »
    Results are in, taking 384 to stage 2 on August 30th and 31st

Where abouts you roughly Suaeva, Im round the 60s. Hard to know of its good or bad without knowing how many positions or how many applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Through to stage two, delighted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm early 900's

Not surprised though . I was in a hotel lobby with no calculator!

Where abouts you roughly Suaeva, Im round the 60s. Hard to know of its good or bad without knowing how many positions or how many applied.

Don’t feel too bad then as I am over the 100! Gonna practise them more to try and pull myself up the oom in the supervised tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sickener - 581

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JHic28

I'm early 900's

Not surprised though . I was in a hotel lobby with no calculator!

Same as myself... clearly I need alot of practise in these tests!

I wonder will they let us book our test slot like with the CO

I wonder will they let us book our test slot like with the CO

Hopefully, I can only do one of the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

In the 200s...surprised I managed to qualify tbh.
    I did the tests with a massive hangover before disappearing to a festival, it was my only window in which to do it.

30th and 31st might be a problem for me though so I may have to bow out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

High OOM myself, all hope lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I am gutted, got low 400’s. Are we out then, is that it, just one batch through!

Suaeva wrote: »
    Hopefully, I can only do one of the days!

My little one is starting school so I'd like to be able to pick

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

I am gutted, got low 400’s. Are we out then, is that it, just one batch through!

Well even though we still qualify, there was only meant to be a very low number of jobs! Very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

mac1ntosh wrote: »
    Well even though we still qualify, there was only meant to be a very low number of jobs! Very disappointing

Yeah I'm over the 100s so not holding out much hope! On the general CO panel in Galway they have only reached about 20 and that panel is nearly over so I imagine this will be even worse! Anyway will practise loads and see can I jump up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

No. in the house! Delighted!!

No. in the house! Delighted!!

Congratulations!! Great score!

I wonder how much is between scores. Does anyone care to share their total scores? I want to have an idea of what variance I can allow myself for stage two

I came 2 and my total score was 142

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Risoc

I wonder how much is between scores. Does anyone care to share their total scores? I want to have an idea of what variance I can allow myself for stage two

:D I'd be sharing that score alright.

as I said above 581 and my total score was 99. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp star

Well done. Im in 170's with 112 points... i hope i can improve my verbal- but not confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

I failed by one point on the maths but best of luck everyone

Tipp star wrote: »
    Well done. Im in 170's with 112 points... i hope i can improve my verbal- but not confident.

twas close enough so - pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭yessiryes

Just realised I'm in the high 90s,read my score as my place. I scored 118. Doesn't bode well for my data analysis 😅

Skip13 wrote: »
    I failed by one point on the maths but best of luck everyone

Oh no, hard luck!! If you are thinking of applying for more CS things just keep practicing..... Each time I do these I get a bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭Harika

130s with 115 points

Too bad, half a second longer and I would have ticked the last question. I guess that would have brought me in the 100s

Supervised is in Dublin?

It all seems very tight! Not much in it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I've just about placed. 384 is my OOM (the actual cut off). Total score was 104.

Maldesu wrote: »
    I've just about placed. 384 is my OOM (the actual cut off). Total score was 104.

I got 102 and placed 453 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Gerbmorgana

Hi all,
    Got total score 96 and placed 715...ah well,didn't practise and it shows ðŸ™႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I got 102 and placed 453 :(

What was your breakdown? I was 52 and 52

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Same as maldestu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I barely passed. Is there much point in even doing the next stage now?

Maldesu wrote: »
    What was your breakdown? I was 52 and 52

47 and 55

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Is anybody able to answer those questions of mine ,please?
    1-Is the score for this first test gonna be taken into consideration? I'm asking this because, as far as I can understand from the message received on publicjobs
    the second test will be exactly the same as this one (I mean different questions but the same kind of test). So since the second test will be supervised I guess it will have way more value than the unsupervised test. Right?

2-Where's the second test gonna take place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Passed the Tests but well down on the OOM so haven't a snowballs.

spupazza wrote: »
    Is anybody able to answer those questions of mine ,please?
    1-Is the score for this first test gonna be taken into consideration? I'm asking this because, as far as I can understand from the message received on publicjobs
    the second test will be exactly the same as this one (I mean different questions but the same kind of test). So since the second test will be supervised I guess it will have way more value than the unsupervised test. Right?

2-Where's the second test gonna take place?[/quote

1. No. U can improve any ammount- but cannot disimprove by a certain % of prev test. With the 2nd test the oom can change.
    2. pas office in middle abbey street im guessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Number 384 checking in. I can confirm, I've no skin on my teeth left. Got a score of 104.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

Tipp star wrote: »

1. No. U can improve any ammount- but cannot disimprove by a certain % of prev test. With the 2nd test the oom can change.

Hi thanks for replying.
    I should have been clearer with my question.
    What I'm asking is this:
    Example: 1st test unsupervised, P1 (person 1) score 120, and P2 (person 2) score 130.
    On the second test (supervised) P1 scores 125 and P2 scores 120.

At the end of the second test who will rank higher in order of merit? P1 who has higher score in the 2nd supervised test (so in this case the 1st test acted only as a pre-selection,but its score won't count for the final selection), or P2 who scored lower in the supervised test but has a better average considering the result in the first unsupervised test?
    I hope I'm clear this time and apologize for not having been sufficiently clear earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I am absolutely devastated with a score of 109 which by the looks of it would have seen me placed very well... I am out! I got 41 in verbal and the cut off was 42.

Best of luck to all going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭mel123

116 placed 125

spupazza wrote: »
    Hi thanks for replying.
    I should have been clearer with my question.
    What I'm asking is this:
    Example: 1st test unsupervised, P1 (person 1) score 120, and P2 (person 2) score 130.
    On the second test (supervised) P1 scores 125 and P2 scores 120.

At the end of the second test who will rank higher in order of merit? P1 who has higher score in the 2nd supervised test (so in this case the 1st test acted only as a pre-selection,but its score won't count for the final selection), or P2 who scored lower in the supervised test but has a better average considering the result in the first unsupervised test?
    I hope I'm clear this time and apologize for not having been sufficiently clear earlier.

I think p1 will be higher ranking. Once you get through to supervised we all start at square 1 again I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carolann1986

Hi all
    Just wondering, and I know it's a long shot. I know it's probably not as clear cut or whatever as this but just curious.

My oom was 424, meaning in theory I was 40 places off the 384 cut off point. I read somewhere that someone got 104 and got the 384 th spot. I got 103 so not exactly sure how that worked out , unless there was 40+ people who got a score of 104 and we're giving that last place as a "joint 384th", if that makes sense..

So my question is, if there was enough people who weren't able to attend these tests to bring the numbers down, would the people next in line be called up? Or is it ball burst for anyone who hasn't made the cut now.

Sorry if my post is not explained well, I was just wondering if anyone with previous experience could shed any light on it.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Risoc

I get your question.

Unfortunately, I think they factor in likely attendance rates when they decide how many to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wally101

Hi all
    Just wondering, and I know it's a long shot. I know it's probably not as clear cut or whatever as this but just curious.

My oom was 424, meaning in theory I was 40 places off the 384 cut off point. I read somewhere that someone got 104 and got the 384 th spot. I got 103 so not exactly sure how that worked out , unless there was 40+ people who got a score of 104 and we're giving that last place as a "joint 384th", if that makes sense..

So my question is, if there was enough people who weren't able to attend these tests to bring the numbers down, would the people next in line be called up? Or is it ball burst for anyone who hasn't made the cut now.

Sorry if my post is not explained well, I was just wondering if anyone with previous experience could shed any light on it.
    Cheers

I also got 104pts and placed 384 .One of at least 3 posters in total here claim same score.
    I'm unlikely to travel for test unless I can be sure second test is from scratch for all who passed.

Risoc wrote: »
    I get your question.

Unfortunately, I think they factor in likely attendance rates when they decide how many to call.

Hi ya,
    Ya I figured as much, definitely was a long shot!
    (Gutted though as I kind of done it in a panic, we were moving house and our broadband was being disconnected that day)
    Ah sure such is life. Thanks for the reply!

wally101 wrote: »
    I also got 104pts and placed 384 .One of at least 3 posters in total here claim same score.
    I'm unlikely to travel for test unless I can be sure second test is from scratch for all who passed.

Hi Wally. Thanks for reply.
    If it's averaged out you don't see the point , is it? (No offense intended). I'd have preferred to be way off the mark then being so close! Little bit gutted but hey ho.
    Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wally101

Hi Wally. Thanks for reply.
    If it's averaged out you don't see the point , is it? (No offense intended). I'd have preferred to be way off the mark then being so close! Little bit gutted but hey ho.
    Congrats!

Exactly ya, based on the number of potential jobs in Sligo for example. I may still go if I get some time to practice tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I passed with a score of 101 but I'm a fair bit off the OOM score to be called. TBH I'm surprised, I thought I really messed up the numerical reasoning section

I think it's very hard to gauge how we all fared without a location breakdown also. You could be 384 but if you picked a location where less people applied you could actually be in with a rather good shot.

Whether it's from scratch again for round two will be outlined in the information booklet when we get it

And to give hope to those who want to jump up the rankings, for general EO I came 1580 after stage one and I jumped to 158 after stage two

• Advertisement
Advertisement