Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

How do you guys get one of these shipped over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

DPD Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Price is certainly fluctuating quite a bit as its back up to £39.99 ....Therese May has a lot to answer for ;)

Kur4mA wrote: »
    How do you guys get one of these shipped over?
    As mentioned above DPD is one way of getting it. Parcel Motel possibly? An Post - again Im not sure as i never really use those methods but others will confirm.

Im lucky as I live close to the border (15 min. drive) and can pop into Argos UK and get them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

muffler wrote: »
    Price is certainly fluctuating quite a bit as its back up to £39.99 ....Therese May has a lot to answer for ;)

Back up from what?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

Back up from what?
    No idea what their talking about. Normally 50 pounds. 57€

Fruggo have it for 119€ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

As mentioned above DPD is one way of getting it. Parcel Motel possibly? An Post - again Im not sure as i never really use those methods but others will confirm.

Im lucky as I live close to the border (15 min. drive) and can pop into Argos UK and get them there.

Yep. Parcel motel. Got mine last November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

odddavey wrote: »
    No idea what their talking about. Normally 50 pounds. 57€

Fruggo have it for 119€ lol

Might be confusing the 4k one with the standard one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

Back up from what?

Think it might have been £34.99 a while back.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Back up from what?
    Keep up at the rear please .... the thread you are posting in is "Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

muffler wrote:
    Keep up at the rear please .... the thread you are posting in is "Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99"

That was over a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have 3 of these and about 10 knocking around my family....they are brill

Going to try and 4k one for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Does the 4k fire stick work here or not i am reading different stories saying some do & some dont. (be handy for travelling already have a android box)

Depends on what you want it for....you can side load a number of android apps

Netflix works

Amazon prime, I don’t actually use any of mine for but I can if I signed up

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Depends on what you want it for....you can side load a number of android apps

Netflix works

Amazon prime, I don’t actually use any of mine for but I can if I signed up

side loading apps

side loading apps

I have yet to find one that doesn’t work

I travel a lot and it’s great to bring along and slot into tv....

A lot of the more expensive android boxes AI is a lot more clunky and the Fire stick has a great remote

I have yet to find one that doesn’t work

I travel a lot and it’s great to bring along and slot into tv....

A lot of the more expensive android boxes AI is a lot more clunky and the Fire stick has a great remote

thats what i was thinking same idea (basically a memory stick size) did u get urs the an post way

thats what i was thinking same idea (basically a memory stick size) did u get urs the an post way

If you plan on using Amazon prime get it through parcel motel. It'll make it much easier.

Parcel motel and parcel wizard, as mentioned I have bought about 10 or more over the years....the originals now struggle with some apps but still run

• Advertisement

Parcel motel and parcel wizard, as mentioned I have bought about 10 or more over the years....the originals now struggle with some apps but still run

thanks i will ty it so :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Basically it works fine but the Amazon Prime (if you have Prime) videos won't work. But if an Amazon rep changes your location to the uk those videos work.

But all the other things work fine netflix etc.

Basically it works fine but the Amazon Prime (if you have Prime) videos won't work. But if an Amazon rep changes your location to the uk those videos work.

But all the other things work fine netflix etc.

thanks

one other question does it make a difference what delivery option i choose

when its being delivered to motel from amazon ,normal or one day delivery.

thanks

one other question does it make a difference what delivery option i choose

when its being delivered to motel from amazon ,normal or one day delivery.

Choose the free option....don’t pay as it won’t arrive any quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Can anyone who spoke to customer service after moving up north or to the UK to get their account switched to an English one send me a message? Just wondering about billing address, if it makes a difference if say you wanted to use an Irish one and whether they asked for new current address.

Thanks

• Advertisement

jclack wrote: »
    Can anyone who spoke to customer service after moving up north or to the UK to get their account switched to an English one send me a message? Just wondering about billing address, if it makes a difference if say you wanted to use an Irish one and whether they asked for new current address.

Thanks

I have my address pal and parcel motel address on my account.

But i didnt mention any move. I just said my prime video works fine on my phone and TV but not the Firestick. I think it might not be set to the UK region.

He had a look for 2 mins then said he had updated to retry. And it all worked.

I have my address pal and parcel motel address on my account.

But i didnt mention any move. I just said my prime video works fine on my phone and TV but not the Firestick. I think it might not be set to the UK region.

He had a look for 2 mins then said he had updated to retry. And it all worked.

Thanks for that. I don't have prime so will try changing country on my account, then re-register the stick and see if that works.

Cheers

jclack wrote:
    Thanks for that. I don't have prime so will try changing country on my account, then re-register the stick and see if that works.

If you don't have prime why do you need to be set to the UK? It's only for getting prime content.

Cheers

It’s only the movies/tv that are free with Amazon prime that won’t work. Everything else will work fine (Netflix, youtube, All 4 etc).

If you aren’t a prime member you don’t have to change anything.

Trying to get BBC iPlayer up and running on it, do I not need to have location on amazon set to UK for it? Using a VPN as well

• Advertisement

jclack wrote:
    Trying to get BBC iPlayer up and running on it, do I not need to have location on amazon set to UK for it? Using a VPN as well

No, you simply need the VPN.

Great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

I have had no luck getting BBC Iplayer on stick even using a VPN, let us know how it goes for you.

Choose the free option....don’t pay as it won’t arrive any quicker

I got Prime again free for 30 days after changing address to the parcel motel North haha so didnt have to pay for any delivery i also put my parcel motel number nxt to my name .. name pg1234567

lukeeman wrote: »
    I have had no luck getting BBC Iplayer on stick even using a VPN, let us know how it goes for you.

It worked after I changed my device location on amazon.co.uk and then re-registered the fire stick.

Thanks to the folks who helped me that arrived early this morn. Parcel Motel is alright. quick enough as well considering Monday was a bank holiday in the Uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭adgib

Apologies in advance, just received one of these today, getting error 5505 ,any of you young bucks guide me,it would be much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

adgib wrote: »
    Apologies in advance, just received one of these today, getting error 5505 ,any of you young bucks guide me,it would be much appreciated
    It’s location settings. Call amazon. They will sort in in 2mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

dodzy wrote: »
    It’s location settings. Call amazon. They will sort in in 2mins.

Yep, tell them you live in the UK but work between both countries.

Do Amazon have anything good? apart from Top Gear 2.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Shefwedfan wrote:

I think Prime is actually better than Netflix, since I got Prime a few weeks ago I've barely used Netflix. Parks and Rec, Mr. Robot, Jack Ryan, Bosch and Goliath are a few of the series I've been watching. Plenty of good movies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

antodeco wrote: »
    Bit harsh.

To answer the question, they are 2 different devices, but based on your question can do similar things. Chromecast requires another device to stream to the Chromecast, versus the firestick is all contained on one device, making it handier. After that, the firestick does alot more as it's effectively a self contained "android device", so you can install more apps etc.

Chromecast doesn't need anything to cast to it. It will manage the stream on its own on various sites, such as Youtube, BBC iPlayer or Netflix.

The biggest difference is that management of chromecast is done from a phone or PC. You don't get a remote and you can't just browse the catalogue on the big screen.

Yep, tell them you live in the UK but work between both countries.

Don’t need to make up story. Just give them a Uk address. Parcel motel, AP, PW, a random address, don’t matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Scottie99

No. I have to keep it coz the mother in law likes the Tennis 🤭😂

Scottie99 wrote: »
    No. I have to keep it coz the mother in law likes the Tennis 🤭😂
    Get rid of both :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Got this today through prime which I will cancl in a month time. Cant seem to find BBC Iplayer though.

I am using PIA VPN but internet is slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Amazon usually drop the price down to £39.99 3 or 4 times a year so I'd be inclined to hang on for a couple of months and get a brand new one for an extra fiver.

Amazon usually drop the price down to £39.99 3 or 4 times a year so I'd be inclined to hang on for a couple of months and get a brand new one for an extra fiver.

These will be cosmetically perfect with full warramty, and in the vast majority of cases, indiscernible from new product.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    These will be cosmetically perfect with full warramty, and in the vast majority of cases, indiscernible from new product.
    Oh, I dont doubt any of that but the point I was making is that unless someone was in a real hurry Id think its better to wait and get a new one for an extra £5. Speaking personally I would always be happier / peace of mind with a new item as opposed to a refurbed version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement