Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

, but you won't even tell me,what's gibberish of mine as you said,
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

I just noticed you said you weren't from Dublin and I thought you may not be Irish ,maybe I'm wrong but I thought you may not be a native English speaker.

I think he loves his commas :D
    It makes his posts somehow poetic :D

the sheriff is HERE must be an AI learning to post on a forum :D
    Give him a year or so, and he will be teaching English grammar in colleges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

ibstar wrote: »
    I think he loves his commas :D
    It makes his posts somehow poetic :D

im a commakaze!

ibstar wrote: »
    the sheriff is HERE must be an AI learning to post on a forum :D
    Give him a year or so, and he will be teaching English grammar in colleges!

i seem to have caused quite a stir here.
    while you're here, the second car used after the shooting at the national stadium, it was a Mercedes was it black?

while you're here, the second car used after the shooting at the national stadium, it was a Mercedes was it black?

it was zebra pattern paint job with 24k gold rims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Posters who are bashing the "the sheriff is HERE" are contributing more to spoiling this thread than they claim he is. If you don't like his posts ignore them. Might others want to read his posts?

He has the same right to post here as everyone else has.

Live and let live.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can you please stop with the discussion of grammar and punctuation.
    Can you stop making remarks about each other and get back to the topic.
    And again a reminder that there's to be no speculation on thread.

Dublin criminal.
    On Friday, Graham 'Choco' Byrne was lucky to escape serious injury after being shot at outside the National Stadium. He was shot in the foot.

The incident sparked panic inside the stadium where a boxing event was taking place, and led to a significant armed garda response.

Detectives investigating the shooting have attempted to interview 'Choco' Byrne but the veteran criminal has refused to co-operate.

Investigating detectives believe that a lone gunman fired up to eight shots from a handgun before fleeing the scene.

Gardai based in Kevin Street are also in the process of gathering CCTV from the scene of the shooting, and are attempting to trace the movements of a black Lexus which is believed to have been used in the gun attack.

This vehicle was found burnt out in Dunsink Lane, north Dublin, in the aftermath of the shooting.

A second vehicle, a Mercedes, was discovered on fire in the Ferndale area a short time later.

Gardai believe the Mercedes may have been used to transport the hit team from Dunsink Lane after the getaway car was torched.

Goodness

The Archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, alluded to the capital's violence in an address in Sean McDermott Street.

"The future of this parish and its people will be shaped not by the drug barons but by the goodness and the determination of good, honest and courageous citizens, young and old, women and men, who care not for their own wealth and power, but for the safe and happy future of our younger generations," he said.
    (the herald)

the sun has an article about graffiti in north inner city. " patsy dead, feud ends", is that a direct response to the north inner city criminal "But this won’t end until Daniel Kinahan is in the ground.’.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I wonder if this will pull the traveler gangs into the feud. One person shot dead in a traveler estate and a getaway car burnt out in a halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I wonder if this will pull the traveler gangs into the feud. One person shot dead in a traveler estate and a getaway car burnt out in a halting site.
    Papers are saying its not a hutch/kinahan related, more to do with the shooting in Ballymun last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

As yourdeadwright said, and the Travellers have already allegedly been brought into it.
    Not sure if anyone is expecting loyalty from anyone on either side though, so it would probably just become more confusing. Especially when somebody gets offered a large sum of money.

One Traveller gang are allegedly being used paid to bring in Heroin for the Kinahans, and other Travellers have been mentioned as siding with the Hutch's while also being loyal to another well known criminal.

First person found guilty in the feud a few minutes ago for the murder of Michael Barr.

Edited:

On RTE website now https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0129/936786-sunset-house/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Suckit wrote: »
    First person found guilty in the feud a few minutes ago for the murder of Michael Barr.

Edited:

On RTE website now https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0129/936786-sunset-house/
    A life sentence, whatever that is nowadays. Plenty of time to ponder whether the few quid he got was worth it.

Hopefully gardai get more successful convictions for these killings.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Well done to the guards for getting a successful conviction, I was curious to see if this case would have produced a ‘’supergrass’’ scenario similar to bowden turning on gilligan, I think it will need something like that to bring down the heads of the outfit, and could still happen if the guards can get one of these hitmen to flip but considering the ruthlessness of this gang, even if someone flipped and was put into witness protection, your entire family couldn’t go with you and would be targets.

I do wonder if these guys had murdered someone such as a public figure, journalist etc and not young men from low income neighborhoods would the full machine of the state been put into action to pull the ringleaders from their international safhavens and they would be in jail at this stage. I’m not having a go at the guards, I think they have done their very best to supress this but I’m talking from a political level that pressure or will hasn’t really been there and in reality nobody can stop an entire family being picked off one at a time. A crazy situation.

I feel terrible sorry for the father, his son, brother, nephews have been murdered and he’s walking around with a death sentence on his head, from my reading he never had any involvement in crime, just really sad, everytime he’s in the paper he looks shattered, and now death threats on him in graffiti, an awful existence yet nobody can stop it, the guards, the state. Surely this family has suffered enough and whatever vengeance these guys seek has been settled.

Here’s hoping that this ends soon, enough blood has been spilt. I remember the gilligan case well and how the entire state went after him and his gang, this is what is needed here to stop this once and for all.

pablo128 wrote: »
    A life sentence, whatever that is nowadays. Plenty of time to ponder whether the few quid he got was worth it.

Happened today with Irene Whites murderer (Anthony Lambe). I think he mentioned in court something to do with the realisation of the pennies he made. Idiot scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Here’s hoping that this ends soon, enough blood has been spilt. I remember the gilligan case well and how the entire state went after him and his gang, this is what is needed here to stop this once and for all.

The state are going after the cartel much harder than gGlligan with a lot more resources.
    Gilligan was a much smaller outfit and gilligan spoke directly to weak minded fools who were out of their depth and therefore broken under questioning.
    He was sent down because non criminal types knew his business and could corroborate the evidence the state had.
    Plus they couldn't even get Gilligan for murder...which would indicate how hard it is to pin a conviction on somebody who isn't actively involved in the murder.

There are many layers to the cartel , the Spanish tried a few years ago and nothing happened bar some big raids for PR sake.
    So who could rat on the Cartel's top table? Probably only those at the top or very near.

Do you think the lad sent down today got that order from anybody at the top or even near the top? I'd bet he has probably never even spoken to daniel kinahan.

this will never end, nothing on this island has come close to the relentless onslaught of death that has plagued innocent hutch members(excluding the RA) , every hutch is a target and the gardai just cant stay on top of it (man power, proper equipment cars, guns, and technology) people are touting on the kinahans left right and centre and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

this will never end, nothing on this island has come close to the relentless onslaught of death that has plagued innocent hutch members(excluding the RA) , every hutch is a target and the gardai just cant stay on top of it (man power, proper equipment cars, guns, and technology) people are touting on the kinahans left right and centre and long may it continue.

Long may what continue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

The state are going after the cartel much harder than gGlligan with a lot more resources.
    Gilligan was a much smaller outfit and gilligan spoke directly to weak minded fools who were out of their depth and therefore broken under questioning.
    He was sent down because non criminal types knew his business and could corroborate the evidence the state had.
    Plus they couldn't even get Gilligan for murder...which would indicate how hard it is to pin a conviction on somebody who isn't actively involved in the murder.

There are many layers to the cartel , the Spanish tried a few years ago and nothing happened bar some big raids for PR sake.
    So who could rat on the Cartel's top table? Probably only those at the top or very near.

Do you think the lad sent down today got that order from anybody at the top or even near the top? I'd bet he has probably never even spoken to daniel kinahan.

I guess there’s a chain to the top, I understand that he wouldn’t have given the order directly, however r orders are given so you go to the next in line, eventually there would be a link to the top. I accept that it’s highly implausible that you would get two or three singing but you never know.

I found the book the cartel intriguing in how hands on he actually was with his crew, wiretaps etc revealed details of conversations he had with members around the time of the Dunne hit in the fassaugh house and many more examples. I guess if the book had that much detail the guards would have that and a lot more and ‘possibly’ something to charge him on. But the big problem is that he’s not in the country and in a haven so they can’t get at him, however the overall point I’m trying to make in my last post is that if the cartel assasinated a politician figure for example I’d be pretty sure the pressure that would bring from a political level would result in a handover from the authorities in dubai or wherever and he’d be back here in cuffs.

In terms of gilligan, he got 28 years for cannabis dealing, an unprecedented sentence in ireland and set a record, i always viewed that as a sentence in lieu of the murder charge they couldn’t get him on, everyone in the political and judicial system felt the weight that gilligan had to go away for a long time and he did, my thinking is that if the state want to put you away they will put you away, his sentence of 28 years for cannabis dealing points to that.

That kind of pressure or urgency doesn’t really exist in this case at least for now from a political level, I have no question it does exist from the gardai and they are doing their very best but as long as low level guys from rough areas keep getting murdered it won’t get anyone in leinster house really in a tizzy and will continue.

Long may what continue ?

people are touting on the kinahans left right and centre and long may it continue.

drug shipments, money moving, who stores their products in the counties outside dublin that information is definitely coming from their own.

their money or assets are the only way of getting to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

people are touting on the kinahans left right and centre and long may it continue.

drug shipments, money moving, who stores their products in the counties outside dublin that information is definitely coming from their own.

their money or assets are the only way of getting to them.

How are you so sure ?
    I'm all for CAB getting involved but if " touting" becomes something the state becomes heavily dependent on , wouldn't it create " super grass" situations where a hitman or criminal might decide to turn state witness to avoid convictions.
    I'd imagine widespread use of touts might just cause the violence to become worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

"Judge Tony Hunt remarked that Walsh and Harding are lucky they pleaded guilty, or they would have received longer sentences."

Interesting. There's two more up soon (a pair of relatives) from the same syndicate and it's my understanding they've pleaded not guilty. Wonder if there'll be much of a difference in sentence length if they're found guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭rondog

Wouldn't be surprised if Patrick hutch gets off TBH.The defence made a good argument that a large majority of the Garda couldn't recognize patrick hutch.If hes released,him and Mago go on the rampage again looking for Kinahans.
    Its strange,Patric hutch was actually one of the sounder hutches,loved his boxing and sports.His brother Del on the other hand was a very nasty piece of work.the other Derek also was not a nice lad.Granted he was not on the same level as Del or some of the others but he would rob you blind in a second.Stories I cant put here but lets just say he was far from a saint.
    As for the hutch family,all the ones I know are welfare cheats,scammers etc and I don't know of one with a legit job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

pablo128 wrote: »

Average time served for a life sentence in Ireland is 22 years.

Also the State have the right to hold this man for the rest of his natural life. He'll only be released if the Minster for Justice of the day deems him fit to be.

rondog wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Patrick hutch gets off TBH.The defence made a good argument that a large majority of the Garda couldn't recognize patrick hutch.If hes released,him and Mago go on the rampage again looking for Kinahans.

He might not get done for murder, but he may get done for colluding to commit murder. No matter what evidence is or isn't submitted, the Jury will have seen the photograph(s) and will surely not be able to say that they believe he is innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

He might not get done for murder, but he may get done for colluding to commit murder. No matter what evidence is or isn't submitted, the Jury will have seen the photograph(s) and will surely not be able to say that they believe he is innocent.

The state have admitted they have no more evidence on him other than that photograph. If that identification is not admitted as evidence the trial is over and he walks. I hope he's good at hiding if he gets out. I'd say there will be a serious price on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

In Special Criminal Court, no jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Life is 17 years.. Only 2 guards identifed him out of 500 has to beyond reasonable doubt.. I think he will walk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

rondog wrote: »
    Its strange,Patric hutch was actually one of the sounder hutches,loved his boxing and sports.His brother Del on the other hand was a very nasty piece of work.the other Derek also was not a nice lad.Granted he was not on the same level as Del or some of the others but he would rob you blind in a second.Stories I cant put here but lets just say he was far from a saint.
    As for the hutch family,all the ones I know are welfare cheats,scammers etc and I don't know of one with a legit job.

Gerrys daughter has a legit job, good one too....went to college with her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement