Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is a rebrand of Cantec, a retail chain mostly in the North East, not uncommon to not update billing names. There are other threads on their online store here with other people having issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What's your issue with them?

Since when did boards allow you to name people and give their addresses???

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

removed. They have taken my money and not sent me an email with my order. They won't respond to phonecalls (mailbox full) + emails. Calling their stores gives the response that they don;t deal with online sales. Red Flags when combined with trustpilot reviews

removed. They have taken my money and not sent me an email with my order. They won't respond to phonecalls (mailbox full) + emails. Calling their stores gives the response that they don;t deal with online sales. Red Flags when combined with trustpilot reviews

Well they can't respond to a phone call if they don't get a message.

When did you place your order?

Well they can't respond to a phone call if they don't get a message.

No reply to emails?

• Advertisement

No reply to emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

I do not see any issue with listing directors names and addresses here since they are already published in the accompanying article and are therefore public knowledge.
    Why should anybody object?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Hi all, this will be a bit of a long one as I want to explain my situation and ask for advice as well.

So, I purchased a refurbished iPhone from Click.ie, late on Sunday the 14th of this month (part of their January Sale). The money immediately came out of my account and I was emailed a digital receipt of purchase which included the following message;

"Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. Your order summary is below. Thank you again for your business."

It is now Friday 26th of January. It has been 10 working days and I have yet to receive a phone, let alone notification of dispatch.

So roll back to the days following my purchase, I began to quickly question why I had received no dispatch confirmation etc. I looked into it through their Facebook and Twitter searches. Low and behold everyone has been having similar issues starting a couple months before Christmas (Black Friday I think) and had been left waiting 3+ weeks for their phones.

Worse still is their complete lack of response from their customer service department. I rang their number on their website. It's a premium number, but has a full inbox (based on Facebook posts this was an issue back in December). I have emailed their support email every day since the 18th, no response. After some digging I found personal emails on Facebook comments, presumably of people who worked in the head office, and sent my emails to them too (requesting resolution of the issue, assurance of delivery etc). I was emailed back by one person on the 22nd assuring me that my delivery was with dispatch and that I will receive it by Thursday (yesterday) or Friday "at the latest". I followed that email up with a query about wether I would get a confirmation email of dispatch to which this person replied one word "Absolutely!!"

Obviously as I write this I have yet to receive the phone or any idea of a delivery time, and as such have grown tired and frustrated by this ordeal.

So I was wondering; am I being unreasonable to expect delivery of my 400+ euro phone that I ordered from an Irish based company within two weeks? and more importantly;

Am I entitled to any compensation, a refund/cancellation of the order etc? I say this as I fly away on Tuesday for at least a couple weeks with the likelihood being the phone I ordered in plenty of time not being with me. Instead I bring my semi-broken iPhone 4.

Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Am I entitled to any compensation, a refund/cancellation of the order etc? I say this as I fly away on Tuesday for at least a couple weeks with the likelihood being the phone I ordered in plenty of time not being with me. Instead I bring my semi-broken iPhone 4.

Thanks for reading.

Their warehouse is in Ballycoolin. People were collecting them there before Christmas. It sounds like a very understaffed outfit from what I've read and some have been waiting on orders placed before christmas.

Their TOC

Delivery

We will endeavour to deliver the products to you within 3-5 working days of your account order within the island of Ireland, where this is practical. However, products are subject to availability and delays may sometimes occur that are outside of our control. Any dates specified for delivery are therefore approximate only. If delivery is delayed for more than 21 days, you have the right to contact us and refuse to accept the products. In these circumstances, we will refund any money paid by you for those products and any delivery monies you have been charged. However, we will not be responsible for any other losses, costs, damages or charges that you may suffer if we delay in supplying or do not supply those products. At the time of delivery you will be required to validly sign-off on the delivery of the products, after which time the products become your sole responsibility

https://www.click.ie/terms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

They are gone bust. They have a month to get each store bought out by existing managers under franchise or they are gone for good.

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    They are gone bust. They have a month to get each store bought out by existing managers under franchise or they are gone for good.

Sneaky that they tried to over promise from Black Friday deals to January sale to mask poor financial management. The brand name is badly tainted at this stage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/interim-examiner-appointed-to-click-ie-sale-and-repair-firm-1.2951283

A lot of the stores seemed to become Virgin Media ones in areas where they have coverage, that may be coincidental though.

Link to this claim please?

Link to this claim please?

None. WOM. wait for news or try get answer direct

None. WOM. wait for news or try get answer direct

So it's not a fact as you claimed? Can you remove the post then as its gossip mongering

The post below yours which is actually a link states the court has referred it to feb.

So it's not a fact as you claimed? Can you remove the post then as its gossip mongering

The post below yours which is actually a link states the court has referred it to feb.

An examiner is appointed so it is not gossip mongering.

L1011 wrote: »
    An examiner is appointed so it is not gossip mongering.

He claimed its gone bust. An examiner isn't going bust, closed down and ceased trading is bust.

He claimed the store managers have been told to buy them out. I personally know 2 store managers who said that's rubbish.

He can't back it up so yes it's gossip mongering.

Can you remove it please mod?

Also aren't you supposed to be able to back up your claims?
    Why does this poster not have to?

He claimed its gone bust. An examiner isn't going bust, closed down and ceased trading is bust.

He claimed the store managers have been told to buy them out. I personally know 2 store managers who said that's rubbish.

He can't back it up so yes it's gossip mongering.

Can you remove it please mod?

I find the evidence available sufficient to leave it.

Anyone with outstanding orders should request a chargeback as it is extremely unlikely they will ever be fulfilled.

Anyone with outstanding orders should request a chargeback as it is extremely unlikely they will ever be fulfilled.

So in this part of boards it's acceptable to make claims without having to back it up?

He says managers are being asked to buy them out... I say they aren't.
    You decide he must be correct even though he has no proof of such?

They wonder why boards is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Examinership is protection issued by the Courts where there is a reasonable prospect of survival.

Does anyone posting here have more information than the Courts did when the examinership was granted?

If not, suggestions that orders are unlikely to be fulfilled and/or chargebacks are necessary are at best premature.

Has the examiner process been exhausted to say the company is being written off already?

EDIT:

Answered my own question. Not due back in Court until Feb 23rd.
    While the directors accept the company is insolvent, they believe it has a reasonable prospect of survival, it also said. Discussions had been held with investors who had indicated a willingness to invest should the company be able to restructure its current liabilities.
    Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/interim-examiner-appointed-to-click-ie-sale-and-repair-firm-1.2951283

I know what I heard as it came from the top. But just let's wait and see what comes in the news. Perhaps some store managers do not not know yet. But then like I said feel free to try contact them, get an answer from them anywhere. Be it on social or company direct.

I know what I heard as it came from the top. But just let's wait and see what comes in the news. Perhaps some store managers do not not know yet. But then like I said feel free to try contact them, get an answer from them anywhere. Be it on social or company direct.

You've gone from saying store managers need to buy the stores to them not knowing.

The people at the top are telling you company secrets which you're blabbing on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@notjustsweet and jimmynokia - cut it out. Both of you are making comments about the business and neither of you are providing sources to substantiate your claims.

Right now all we know for certain is that an examiner has been appointed, as per the article linked earlier.

dudara

You've gone from saying store managers need to buy the stores to them not knowing.

The people at the top are telling you company secrets which you're blabbing on social media?
    f

I said SOME may not know I will not comment again and let this develop itself. You seem to be more concerened about who knows what rather than the issue at hand and what is happening out there to customers duped still waiting on things they ordered last December and not a peep out of them..Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rainny

Just to note that the article linked is from Jan 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GoodVoice

The link is from Jan 2017...........
    How do you find that 'evidence available sufficient'?

GoodVoice wrote:
    The link is from Jan 2017........... How do you find that 'evidence available sufficient'?

Come back on the 23rd Feb

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Come back on the 23rd Feb

last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 baekadelah

Any luck yet? I ordered 5 days ago and afterwards found out about this **** storm surrounding online deliveries and contacting customer service. Even their facebook page, although active constantly, doesnt reply to PM's. Im raging..

Advertisement