Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

They have gone into examinership: https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/laptop-repair-chain-in-examinership-35398425.html

Although you might get your phone at some time in the future, OP you should start the chargeback process with your card provider

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into existing click.ie thread

dudara

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Spocker wrote: »

Over a year ago, are they still in examinership?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Graham wrote: »
    Over a year ago, are they still in examinership?

My mistake, I can't say. I only spotted the date at the top of the page (today) not the date of the article, which is further down the page

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

baekadelah wrote: »
    Any luck yet? I ordered 5 days ago and afterwards found out about this **** storm surrounding online deliveries and contacting customer service. Even their facebook page, although active constantly, doesnt reply to PM's. Im raging..

I got my phone Friday 2nd, ordered on the 14th of January. Phone is spotless and works fine. Didn't come with headphones though as advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I got my phone Friday 2nd, ordered on the 14th of January. Phone is spotless and works fine. Didn't come with headphones though as advertised.

Did they send you at email that your phone was dispatched beforehand?

I’m in the same situation as you were in your first post and it’s utterly frustrating. Trying to contact this company is like banging your head against the wall. I’m going to call my bank this morning and try to get a chargeback, I’ve never done that before so I’m not sure what that entails but I don’t want to let this company have my money because they’re an utter joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 baekadelah

Did they send you at email that your phone was dispatched beforehand?

I’m in the same situation as you were in your first post and it’s utterly frustrating. Trying to contact this company is like banging your head against the wall. I’m going to call my bank this morning and try to get a charge back, I’ve never done that before so I’m not sure what that entails but I don’t want to let this company have my money because they’re an utter joke.

I started the charge back procedure. Ring card services (you go through like two menus until you get to a real person) and they ask you to send print outs of all contact/emails to the company and for you to write a cover letter (with details of not receiving the item, card used, wanting a charge back etc) and then mail it to AIB Charge back Services. Then you just gotta wait. Others seem to have gotten it so we should too.

Of course ring them yourself because I could have left something out.

baekadelah wrote: »
    I started the charge back procedure. Ring card services (you go through like two menus until you get to a real person) and they ask you to send print outs of all contact/emails to the company and for you to write a cover letter (with details of not receiving the item, card used, wanting a charge back etc) and then mail it to AIB Charge back Services. Then you just gotta wait. Others seem to have gotten it so we should too.

Of course ring them yourself because I could have left something out.

Yep you were bang on about that. I called them this morning and my letter and copies of emails are in the post.

I don’t know what I’ll do if I get the phone before the chargeback goes through. I don’t actually want the phone now purely because of the sour taste this whole thing has left me with, it’s nearly a month since I ordered it.

I found a seller on eBay with great reviews that sells refurbished iPhones for cheaper than click but I don’t want to end up having bought two phones if this one actually arrives. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Yep you were bang on about that. I called them this morning and my letter and copies of emails are in the post.

I don’t know what I’ll do if I get the phone before the chargeback goes through. I don’t actually want the phone now purely because of the sour taste this whole thing has left me with, it’s nearly a month since I ordered it.

I found a seller on eBay with great reviews that sells refurbished iPhones for cheaper than click but I don’t want to end up having bought two phones if this one actually arrives. What a mess.

You can refuse to accept the package if and when it arrives. That’s if it’s to be signed for.

@Taxicraic - have you considered a credit card charge back or a Small Claims Court case to recover your money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Bought a phone from click.ie last Wednesday is said it had it in stock and 3-5 days delivery. Still as of today nothing. Emailed twice with not even a reply and when I ring the customer service number they don’t answer??!! They’re quick to take the money out of my account though! Anyone else have trouble with them and what should I do ? I’m down 200 euro with no phone!

Thread merged into existing Click.ie thread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Bought a phone from click.ie last Wednesday is said it had it in stock and 3-5 days delivery. Still as of today nothing. Emailed twice with not even a reply and when I ring the customer service number they don’t answer??!! They’re quick to take the money out of my account though! Anyone else have trouble with them and what should I do ? I’m down 200 euro with no phone!

Can everyone purchasing online please please please understand that once you click "pay now" the money is taken from your account - only exception is huge companies like amazon.

Its an automated system and most online companies operate the same way.

I’m a bit annoyed. I just got an email from click that the phone I ordered two months ago has been shipped.

The problem is that I started a chargeback a month ago with my bank and I bought a phone elsewhere so I don’t want this phone now.

I called my bank and they told me the chargeback is still processing and that it could take 30-40 days. They also told me not to refuse delivery of the phone. I just checked click.ie terms and conditions and their website says this:

“If delivery is delayed for more than 21 days, you have the right to contact us and refuse to accept the products. In these circumstances, we will refund any money paid by you for those products and any delivery monies you have been charged”

But the thing is I don’t believe a word of what they say or what that they’ll actually give me a refund if refuse delivery, so I don’t know what to do now. The whole thing is a pain in the bollocks.

Has anybody tried going to their head offices in Navan and getting a refund that way?

So on Wednesday the phone arrived by courier and I refused the delivery. I’m just after checking my bank account and to my surprise they refunded my money. I’m actually astonished that they didn’t make it as difficult as possible for me to get my money back.

At least, after two months, that it’s all sorted. I’ll never spend a single penny in click again. Lesson learnt.

Nevermind my last post, I got a letter from my bank today letting me know that it was them that gave me the refund, not click. So best of luck to anyone expecting a refund that hasn’t started a chargeback with their bank.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This issue make TheJournal.ie yesterday
    http://www.thejournal.ie/click-ie-complaints-3919738-Mar2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I see on RTE Liveline they are going to be discussing Click.ie today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

robo wrote: »
    I see on RTE Liveline they are going to be discussing Click.ie today
    I'm so glad o read this thread, looking for a phone for teen son, definitely give these guys a miss, without boards.ie we'd be scammed left n right, between cars,couriers,phones,etc etc, imagine what went on for years behind the ordinary guys back

Creditors meeting called

https://www.businessbarometer.ie/Risk-Management/Cantec-Office-Solutions-Limited-332329

Doesn't look good.

Refurb iPhone 7's for sale for past few weeks substantially cheaper than every other store in Europe had to be a warning sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Creditors meeting called

https://www.businessbarometer.ie/Risk-Management/Cantec-Office-Solutions-Limited-332329

Doesn't look good.

Refurb iPhone 7's for sale for past few weeks substantially cheaper than every other store in Europe had to be a warning sign.

Unforeseen? Was on the cards for months. Probably name change and pull the same strokes again such is Irish Law on these matters

Probably name change and pull the same strokes again such is Irish Law on these matters
    Law has changed substantially over the years and a lot more difficult for phoenix like reappearances.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Local branch went from having bare shelves to shuttered a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Did anyone have any success getting a refund via PayPal? In laws are after having serious trouble with two phones from them, the second a replacement for the first, and it's currently with Click. Been trying to get them to send it back for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

They are back up and running again and it's the same folk.. They've some neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

jimmynokia wrote: »
    They are back up and running again and it's the same folk.. They've some neck.

Disgraceful that those directors are allowed operate again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They are listed as gone into Liquidation on Solocheck - https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Cantec-Office-Solutions-Limited-332329
    May not be the same people involved.

GBX wrote: »
    They are listed as gone into Liquidation on Solocheck - https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Cantec-Office-Solutions-Limited-332329
    May not be the same people involved.
    Its the same people. Mark my words. I was the one that brought the attention of them going belly up last year. I know who they are.

I'll just leave this here. Reboot of controversial website Click.ie led by the company's former boss http://jrnl.ie/4187039

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Plenty of people will buy right off them for the latest EyePhone no research whatsoever done blindly assuming a .ie is up there with the best.

Advertisement