Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What type of internship are you looking at doing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My degree is Business and Arts Management, and the area I'm most interested in is music. So the likes of artist management/promotion/booking. I'd love to get into a label or venue, management or licensing company. Spruced up my CV today, aim to get sending by Monday. Trouble is most Irish companies are VERY small, even the major international label offices are tiny. So I'm gonna look further afield!

OOh very interesting! Unfortunately I don't know anyone in that line of business.

Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is it weird that I've never noticed this thread before?

Hello all!

phasers wrote: »

Yes!

Harro! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

phasers wrote: »
    Banned for wearing blinkers out of season. :p

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Goaty! You're back! Any shopping ;) ?

New Panama hat :D and 3 or 4 pair of braces. Almost got a new suit but got talked out of it - probably for the best as it was very 1970's - just not my era. :)
    The French don't seem to do vintage much. Perhaps I'll try in Paris someday but down South they looked at me like I had six heads when I asked for old clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I haven't been, but apparently, there's some good clothes markets in Paris, but you have to make your way out of the city centre to find them. If anyone is heading over and wants to try find them, I'll find out a bit more!

In other news... M&S do tailored shirts!?!

Since when?

http://www.marksandspencer-madetomeasure.com

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of trying a suit from their MadeToMeasure to see how it turns out.
    I'd rather keep building a relationship with a single alterer as opposed to having to deal with new faces every time I want something fitted but I feel that the initive has to be supported and applauded by anyone who appricates tailored clothing as opposed to baggy sacks of off the rail clothes.

Let me know how it goes.

I really don't *neeeeeed* another suit, but good value/quality, yeah, I'd probably splash out... As long as it wasn't S.Row prices.

Edit; Do they have any links to the madetomeasure for suits online? I can just find shirts.

Better off going for bespoke rather then made to measure if you are buying online. That way the tailor has your measuremnts and plenty of material to faff around with rather then trying to re-size already cut suit pieces to your virtual measurments.

Are you going Clubbing on Friday? I've not been out to see a show in ages and I'm in the mood to mingle. If you're going I'll chat with you then about it.

Yeah, bespoke is the only way really, but I'd like to see what other options are out there... Tbh, I'd be better off just heading back over to London for it.

I haven't been to the Social' in AAAAAGES myself... I'm off the hooch, so I've gone rather boring... But I *do* need an excuse to show off my new trench. Hmm. Let's see what I can muster up. :)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'm off the hooch
    Who are you and what have you done with the real Fajitas!?
    But I *do* need an excuse to show off my new trench.
    Ahhh THERE you are. :)

I'm blaming that photo from the last Social, it kick started Operation: Lose Belly - Parttherof means no booze :(

pffft, Sugar is 100% fat free. Rum is made from sugar. Therefore rum is a diet aid.
    QED.

Drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things . . .

And kebab is one of them.

:pac:

Crispy pork belly at Charlies is another...I'm starting to see the flaw in my Rum=Good theory.

• Advertisement

Apparently tequila is the best booze for dieting. I think I'd have to agree, I can't hold a thing down after a night on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

OldGoat wrote: »
    pffft, Sugar is 100% fat free. Rum is made from sugar. Therefore rum is a diet aid.
    QED.
    I like this thinking. It sounds similar to my thinking on wine.
    Wine is made from grapes. Grapes are fruit. Fruit is good for you. Ergo, wine is practically a health drink!

Sadly, wine drinking very often brings on the cheese-eating, which is much harder to justify .... :(

4 days ago was sitting in the South of France quaffing bottles of blanquette de limoux at €4.00 each and stuffing my face with numerous cheeses that I've never tried before alongside huge slabs of my favouritestest favourite -smelly gooey sweaty Roquefort.

Yeah yeah, rub it in :-/

Did I mention we had our own pool?

You know how easy it is to trip on those steps in the Social? :D

• Advertisement

Hah! If you had that photograph you'd have posted it by now. I call your bluff Sir!

I'll MSPaint yore ass in the morning :D

Won't be the first time my ass has been painted but thats another story for another time and another place. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I don't know where else to ask.

I bought this dress yesterday and tried it on in the shop and it looked fine, tried it on again last night at home and again it looked fine, so I tried it on again today and got mam to take pics of it on me and now I am unsure about it.

I don't like the way it gathers at the front/back where the elastic is just under the bust and I'm also not sure about the bow across the bust.

Here's the two pics of me wearing it, can anyone please give me an honest opinion on it?

Thanks.

Front:
    mestripedress1-1.jpg

Back:
    mestripedress2-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tbph, I like it! I can see what you mean about the bow though, it looks kinda droopy or something, I'm not sure. I do like the dress though, and I like it on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The bow does look a little saggy, which is unfortunate because the dress seems to fit nice apart from that. If the bottom part of the bow wasn't so low it might make all the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Could you lift the bottom of the bow in some way and sew it? Or tuck it up under the rest of the bow and sew it?

Novella wrote: »
    Tbph, I like it! I can see what you mean about the bow though, it looks kinda droopy or something, I'm not sure. I do like the dress though, and I like it on you.
    The bow does look a little saggy, which is unfortunate because the dress seems to fit nice apart from that. If the bottom part of the bow wasn't so low it might make all the difference

Thank you. I also thought the same about the bow.
    janeybabe wrote: »
    Could you lift the bottom of the bow in some way and sew it? Or tuck it up under the rest of the bow and sew it?
    I could take it to a tailor/dressmaker/seamstress in town and see if something could be done about the bow.

Also, I was thinking, if I do keep the dress maybe with it I could wear navy tight, white or navy pumps and a white bolero/long white cardigan? Maybe navy nail-polish?

Red is nice with white and navy too. Nautical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Twee. wrote: »
    Nautical!

But nice ;)

Red is nice with white and navy too. Nautical!
    Red shoes or red cardigan/bolero? But no red tights lol!:o

Red shoes or red cardigan/bolero? But no red tights lol!:o

Yeah red shoes or cardi would be lovely!

Was in Arnotts today, god they really have a great bag and shoe department. So much lust. Saw the boots I NEED for Winter :p They're black leather, flat, over the knee and by Guess. Nearly €300 :( Investment though :pac: I'm sure I'll get a similar pair cheaper though. So excited for Winter clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

So excited for Winter clothes.

Me too :) I'm much more of a winter clothes person.

Moving to Germany in September, excited to see what the clothes/shops will be like over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Me too, I'm moving to France in August, living a really young, hip, music centred university driven city... can not WAIT to go for wander around the shops! :D

Fillefatale, your last outfit in what did you wear today thread is fab! Love it.

• Advertisement

Me and my pal spent €66 today in Inglot in Liffey Valley for our BFF's (:p) 21st. Have to say we got loads for the price - eyeliner that just gliiiiides on, nail polish, false lashes, lash glue, lip paint and a custom four colour palette. Good value! The shadows seem well pigmented. Would recommend trying the palettes, four colours for €20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I always walk past Inglot, for some reason it kind of intimidates me!

I've heard a few positive things recently, I think I'll go in tomorrow. My eyeliner pencil is so short I can barely hold it anymore...

In other news: I've been living off those muller yghurts they're giving out in Liffey Valley recently :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

k9e1kj.jpg

i'm eyeing up the above shoes but unsure whether to buy. What do ye think? Im not sure if white would be a good colour against my pasty pins but they might look funky with darkish tights or maybe not.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Me and my pal spent €66 today in Inglot in Liffey Valley for our BFF's (:p) 21st. Have to say we got loads for the price - eyeliner that just gliiiiides on, nail polish, false lashes, lash glue, lip paint and a custom four colour palette. Good value! The shadows seem well pigmented. Would recommend trying the palettes, four colours for €20!

their pallettes are nice, i got 1 of the €25 magnetic kinda 1s, 5 colours on it :)

the only thing i found a bit cheap of them was if you get a pallette with the mirror in it they ask you if you want a small brush for it & charge you an extra €3! id have thought it would be part of the price.

other than that its lovely :) my friend spent something ridiculous like €160 in there, and thats with a discount!

jellie wrote: »
    and thats with a discount!

And you've just made me remember that I have a 10% discount for them! Bugger! All the girls in Topshop got them when it opened. I'm a dope :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

And you've just made me remember that I have a 10% discount for them! Bugger! All the girls in Topshop got them when it opened. I'm a dope :rolleyes:

maybe go back with your recipt and the discount & see if they can help? some places will do that. awear told my friend she could do it when she forgot her student card, said theyd refund the difference if she came in with her card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm always really intimidated by Inglot too! :o No idea what it is really, just looks kinda scary to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Larianne wrote: »
    Fillefatale, your last outfit in what did you wear today thread is fab! Love it.

Awh, thanks. I post in there too much for my own good so its nice to get a compliment! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Awh, thanks. I post in there too much for my own good so its nice to get a compliment! :D

Lovely, you should be able to get a flesh tone vest in the lingerie dept in M&S - they look great under chiffon/lacy top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thanks to Stray_Cat from the WDYWT thread I have discovered Criminal Damage dresses! :D

Unfortunately I'm supposed to be saving :(

But my birthday is coming up :)In 2 months

Advertisement