Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Work colleague who seems to believe that because of the church I attend I have some insight to the mindset of the rioters in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that my bank account takes about 2 or 3 days to update my balance after I make purchases. I bought a number of things on Friday and I have no idea how much I actually have in my bank because of the list of 10-12 transactions in the "pending" section. What bugs me about it is some of them are already successful transactions and the fact it says "pending" doesn't matter, BUT there are others that are still actually pending.

So I'm too scared to buy any more stuff between today and Wednesday because I don't know if I'll overspend, because my balance isn't final.

I hate that it does this. So I could sit there with, say, 230 euro in my bank account, with all this pending shíte, and on Tuesday it could either drop to 195, or 104 - you just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My dad's habit of pausing the TV for hours when he wants to come back and watch something later instead of just recording it. I'm not sure he realises how passive aggressive it comes off, but it essentially means nobody else can watch anything while he goes off and does his various bits and bobs. He just came in and paused the One O'Clock News, but has gone off to get the paper, will sit on the loo with that for an hour, then come down and have his breakfast, which takes at least another hour. Then he'll probably remember two or three little jobs he's been meaning to do, etc. etc. It could genuinely be another 3-4 hours before he comes back in to watch it, and all the while the TV is off-limits to everyone else.

I don't even watch much TV but this drives me absolutely DEMENTED. It's just so mind-blowingly selfish.

It may be time for me to move back to my own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When you post something that someone doesn't agree with or like and they offer an unsolicited apology for not liking it. I posted a funny video on Facebook of this couple who have about 50cats, and the madness that is the evening feed and said jokingly that it was like me in the evening. Then someone commented "sorry I love dogs but I just couldn't cope with cats, sorry". Eh I wasn't ****in asking you to cope with cats love, otherwise I'd have tagged you and said it was you in the evening. I find non cat people are a little like vegans and gaeilgeoirs - they never miss an opportunity to tell you about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you post something that someone doesn't agree with or like and they offer an unsolicited apology for not liking it. I posted a funny video on Facebook of this couple who have about 50cats, and the madness that is the evening feed and said jokingly that it was like me in the evening. Then someone commented "sorry I love dogs but I just couldn't cope with cats, sorry". Eh I wasn't ****in asking you to cope with cats love, otherwise I'd have tagged you and said it was you in the evening. I find non cat people are a little like vegans and gaeilgeoirs - they never miss an opportunity to tell you about it.

And why do people who don't like cats always have to tell you that they like dogs?
    When no one asked about dogs.

Do you like broccoli?
    No, I'm more of a sausage person!

Wha?

• Advertisement

And why do people who don't like cats always have to tell you that they like dogs?
    When no one asked about dogs.

Do you like broccoli?
    No, I'm more of a sausage person!

Wha?
    I know! It's like cats and dogs are mutually exclusive. I love both. Of course my dog means far more to me than my cats because we simply have that human/ canine bond but it doesn't mean I don't love my cats and grieve the loss when they die. I don't feel the need to put them into competition with each other :D

TA I want to reply something smart to her but I'm aware my pregnancy hormones are raging right now and it's possible I'm being over sensitive and enraged by everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The amount of low-brow programmes on telly at a weekend is astonishing. Something I have really noticed now that I am currently waiting on my wifi to be installed so have to make-do with just RTE,VM etc. It can't come soon enough.

Which brings me to another TA: people that want to be in the audience for said low-brow shows. Like Celebrirty Catchphrase (EVERY celebrity-based programme actually), Ant and Dec's yoke or the god awful Royal Variety show. Why like? They are awful entertainment, yet they do be cackling like hens during it. Even sadder are the "virtual audiences" for the Voice UK- on their tablets bopping away to glorified karaoke.

The irony is, a lot of those sort of people probably detest sport and complain that there is too much of that on tv. And are more than likely not affected in any way by the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I’m going to put that in my annual review: “Q2 achievements: Nevin Parsnipp was just saying that I’m very important”

I’d delete any reference to that lad G.

Won’t help your career, I’m afraid......has form....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I got my dinner made for me,and it wasnt nice.
    Now im annoyed cause i cant eat anything else cause im counting calories.
    And i have a face on me:mad:

TA at, when I get something wrong, mistaken, inaccurate, I'm automatically met with ridicule and laughter, so when I ask them to correct me, and explain why I'm wrong, so that I understand, I get no response.

It's on par with saying something wrong in a conversation, and then just before you correct yourself, the other person shouts "EVERYONE, DAVE SAID THIS DUMB THING!!!". Forever branded a moron.

Hope you enjoyed your laugh, díck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA at, when I get something wrong, mistaken, inaccurate, I'm automatically met with ridicule and laughter, so when I ask them to correct me, and explain why I'm wrong, so that I understand, I get no response.

It's on par with saying something wrong in a conversation, and then just before you correct yourself, the other person shouts "EVERYONE, DAVE SAID THIS DUMB THING!!!". Forever branded a moron.

Hope you enjoyed your laugh, díck.
    How else would they feel superior? Pathetic behaviour on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The amount of low-brow programmes on telly at a weekend is astonishing. Something I have really noticed now that I am currently waiting on my wifi to be installed so have to make-do with just RTE,VM etc. It can't come soon enough.

Which brings me to another TA: people that want to be in the audience for said low-brow shows. Like Celebrirty Catchphrase (EVERY celebrity-based programme actually), Ant and Dec's yoke or the god awful Royal Variety show. Why like? They are awful entertainment, yet they do be cackling like hens during it. Even sadder are the "virtual audiences" for the Voice UK- on their tablets bopping away to glorified karaoke.

The irony is, a lot of those sort of people probably detest sport and complain that there is too much of that on tv. And are more than likely not affected in any way by the lockdown.

And worst of all THE WAWL with Danny Dyer. .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

TA that my bank account takes about 2 or 3 days to update my balance after I make purchases. I bought a number of things on Friday and I have no idea how much I actually have in my bank because of the list of 10-12 transactions in the "pending" section. What bugs me about it is some of them are already successful transactions and the fact it says "pending" doesn't matter, BUT there are others that are still actually pending.

So I'm too scared to buy any more stuff between today and Wednesday because I don't know if I'll overspend, because my balance isn't final.

I hate that it does this. So I could sit there with, say, 230 euro in my bank account, with all this pending shíte, and on Tuesday it could either drop to 195, or 104 - you just don't know.
    I'm taking you mean BOI?
    There's been a lot posted on boards about it before.
    I'm with Aib and my balance available always includes the pending transactions, I'm never in doubt.

To thine own self be true

I'm taking you mean BOI?
    There's been a lot posted on boards about it before.
    I'm with Aib and my balance available always includes the pending transactions, I'm never in doubt.

Believe it or not, it's AIB I'm on about. Two of my Amazon payments haven't came out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Facebook dating , or more to the point the notifications that someone liked you. Strangely they are always Chinese.
    The last one was based in the Netherlands and is now in Bray .

The big gorilla like spider that's on the wall in my bedroom up high above the door. Oh yeah, you're frozen like a statue now since I walked in and turned on the light but you can be damn sure once I turn off the bedside light you'll be all over the shop. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The big gorilla like spider that's on the wall in my bedroom up high above the door. Oh yeah, you're frozen like a statue now since I walked in and turned on the light but you can be damn sure once I turn off the bedside light you'll be all over the shop. Ugh

Are you seriously going to share your room with a spider??

I don't want to kill him and if I try and flick him God knows where he'll scurry to. Pray for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It's the spider's room now. The only question is whether the spider will let TIAL use it from time to time.

I don't want to kill him and if I try and flick him God knows where he'll scurry to. Pray for me.

Pint glass or some big see through container.....I'd be sleeping on the couch....don't like spiders but leave them be, sharing my bedroom though is not an option!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

:eek: I would have to burn the house down. Not a chance I would get a wink of sleep with a spider (regardless of size) in the same household as myself.

Pint glass or some big see through container.....I'd be sleeping on the couch....don't like spiders but leave them be, sharing my bedroom though is not an option!

This fella would probably smash the pint glass with his gorilla legs ugh

Maybe we'll become friends... :D

He's actually crawling closer and closer towards me on the wall. He's taking the piss now.

Maybe we'll become friends... :D

Probably a friendly chap. A web designer by trade I'm sure.

:D

Did you try the pint glass and envelope piece? They're generally quite relieved to see the outside again :D I couldn't turn off the light if I knew there was one there. I am so freaked out by them but couldn't kill one. I didn't talk to OH for a day when he killed one in front of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There were two deaths in the past day from my nephew's circle. One was only 29. I was there then complaining about the neighbour making noise.
    In all fairness I didn't know. It's been the worst Easter I've ever had.
    Sorry to bring down the thread.
    His best friend's mother was only 54, same age as my sister. I feel really bad for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Believe it or not, it's AIB I'm on about. Two of my Amazon payments haven't came out yet.

Never had that problem with them. Strange.
    TA that I was brave to leave off some heavy clothes this week thinking that the weather was milder but I paid the shivery price for that today.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Bredabe wrote: »
    I took the defrosted chicken out of the fridge to bring to room temp while the oven heats,
    sib walks into the room spraying air freshener(for no reason).

I suspect that chicken when cooked will have a yummy, fresh linen flavour.
    I suspect she sprayed 'cos the room smelt like dead chicken :pac:
    Got 2 voicemails, 4 emails and 7 teams messages from work people today about an issue I can't help with, and I'm not even on call. We're using 3rd party contractors for our escalation process
    Ah but outsourcing saves money. Just think of the finance guy having his blissful weekend 'cos he met budgetary targets for the quarter. Please tell us you've told your manager that you'll be fwding calls, texts & emails next time your're off call!
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    My dad's habit of pausing the TV for hours when he wants to come back and watch something later instead of just recording it. I'm not sure he realises how passive aggressive it comes off, but it essentially means nobody else can watch anything while he goes off and does his various bits and bobs.
    <SNIP>
    It may be time for me to move back to my own house.
    Just... change the channel and claim ignorance (every time)?

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The cold weather.
    Now regretting putting the lighter duvet on the bed and reducing down the heating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement