Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk XI: Team of nervoUS MOD warning Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Btw shouldn’t we be getting a team sheet today? Didn’t Farrell have a knack of naming the team for the weekend at the beginning for the week? Or could it be something to do with waiting to see what happens with the covid regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    Btw shouldn’t we be getting a team sheet today? Didn’t Farrell have a knack of naming the team for the weekend at the beginning for the week? Or could it be something to do with waiting to see what happens with the covid regulations?
    Its only Monday. Early would be tomorrow after team have at least trained a few times during match week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭bilston

UAEguy2020 wrote: »

Don't think he announced the team this early...maybe tomorrow potentially

Actually yeah it could be tomorrow, hopefully 42,Independenr,Times spill the beans soon though to confirm it could be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

errlloyd wrote: »
    With respect, that is unfortunately not how this works.

This is a contagious virus, there is no personal responsibility. The consequences of actions are felt on a population level, not a personal one.

Huh? Obv not the place, but where the consequences are felt are irrelevant. If I get drunk & run over a pedesteian, I'm not the one hit by the car, but its still my responsibility. Its mine because it was my actions that led to what happened. You are responsible for what you do. The consequences come from there, but you are still responsible for your actions. That numpty who went to a party the same day they got tested was 100% responsible for at least some of the spread at that party.

• Advertisement

On a better note, THE RUGBY IS ON! WAHOO!!!!!!

molloyjh wrote: »

I guess I should release Micheál Martin's son

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

molloyjh wrote: »

This will make second lockdown bearable.

First time around it was really tough having the pubs shut and the sport cancelled.

Mercifully there is sport to look forward to now at least.

The caveat to that is we had supreme weather in lockdown one. Now it's cold and wet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

This will make second lockdown bearable.

First time around it was really tough having the pubs shut and the sport cancelled.

Mercifully there is sport to look forward to now at least.

The caveat to that is we had supreme weather in lockdown one. Now it's cold and wet :(

It's honestly cheered me right up on this miserable Tuesday morning. I was certain the rugby would be off again.

What is the justification for sport to go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's honestly cheered me right up on this miserable Tuesday morning. I was certain the rugby would be off again.

What is the justification for sport to go ahead?

Elite sports, so presumably because they're all regularly being tested and they have the mechanisms/structures in place for protecting staff and players.

• Advertisement

Elite sports, so presumably because they're all regularly being tested and they have the mechanisms/structures in place for protecting staff and players.

Presumably this yeah.

I'd wager the guys are all in camp 100% of the time until after the France game at least getting tested every few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Is Sexton injured at the minute? I was looking at the photos of training last week on inpho and he was the only one, bar O'Mahony and Farrell who were isolating, that I noticed not in any of the photos

b.gud wrote: »
    Is Sexton injured at the minute? I was looking at the photos of training last week on inpho and he was the only one, bar O'Mahony and Farrell who were isolating, that I noticed not in any of the photos

Whole squad trained yesterday apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Team to be named tomorrow afternoon according to Murray Kinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Team to be named tomorrow afternoon according to Murray Kinsella

The team according to Thornley;

Ireland v Italy (possible): Stockdale; Keenan, Ringrose, Aki, Conway; Sexton (capt), Murray; Healy, Heffernan, John Ryan, Beirne, James Ryan, Stander, van der Flier, Doris. Replacements: Herring, Ed Byrne, Porter, Roux/Dillane, O’Mahony, Gibson-Park, Ross Byrne, Henshaw.

The team according to Thornley;

Ireland v Italy (possible): Stockdale; Keenan, Ringrose, Aki, Conway; Sexton (capt), Murray; Healy, Heffernan, John Ryan, Beirne, James Ryan, Stander, van der Flier, Doris. Replacements: Herring, Ed Byrne, Porter, Roux/Dillane, O’Mahony, Gibson-Park, Ross Byrne, Henshaw.

Not a lot of experience there. We'll account for Italy, France on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That must be the weakest front 5 for a long time in a proper international

Kelleher injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Pretty much as expected, although I thought Herring might get the nod at hooker, but fair play to Dave Heffernen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ryan ahead of Porter?

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ryan ahead of Porter?

Yeah, I dont see that being the case. I'd imagine Dillane would leapfrog Beirne too.

salmocab wrote: »
    That must be the weakest front 5 for a long time in a proper international

I would say the most inexperienced more like it. Heffernan has been the best hooker in Ireland this season so deserving of his start. Ryan is meh but does his job well, Beirne is a very good option in the second row considering the absentee’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭D15er

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ryan ahead of Porter?

Could only be because Porter isn't 100% yet after his injury.

Would like to see Heffernan get a run, Herring is grand but we know what he offers at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Pretty much as expected.

Would have expected the Connacht half backs on the bench, I think Marmion has proved himself countless times as an international 9, and Carty was been very good in Irish green/adds something different, but beyond that fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭rayd3

The poor aul journos have been having awful luck with their early leaked teams lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

15. Jacob Stockdale (Ulster/Lurgan) 28 caps
    14. Andrew Conway (Munster/Garryowen) 21 caps
    13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD) 29 caps
    12. Bundee Aki (Connacht/Galwegians) 26 caps
    11. Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
    10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/St Mary’s College) 91 caps Captain
    9. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 81 caps
    1. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 98 caps
    2. Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch) 11 caps
    3. Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD) 26 caps
    4. Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne) 13 caps
    5. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD) 26 caps
    6. Caelan Doris (Leinster/UCD) 2 caps
    7. Will Connors (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
    8. CJ Stander (Munster/Shannon) 41 caps

Replacements

16. Dave Heffernan (Connacht/Buccaneers) 1 cap
    17. Ed Byrne (Leinster/UCD) uncapped
    18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Corinthians) 9 caps
    19. Ultan Dillane (Connacht/Corinthians) 15 caps
    20. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution) 67 caps
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (Leinster) uncapped
    22. Ross Byrne (Leinster/UCD) 6 caps
    23. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers) 43 caps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Connors noice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

Big calls
    Gibson-Park on bench
    Keenan on wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Where is Marmion, on form he should start.
    Delighted for Heffernan.
    Great for connors too.
    Henshaw needs a few games @ 15 for Leinster so he can try play there for Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement