Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not snowing where I am in Sandyford for about the last half hour. Traffic looks at a standstill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Pangea wrote: »
    Even Dublin got snow?
    mg2AFIT.gif
    Only got sleet :mad: boo hoo,nice to see parts of Dublin get some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The band over S.Dublin/N.Kildare right now isn't anything special compared to what is arriving behind it. Potential for another 2/3cm out of the next band at current intensity. Tracking on a similar route to the last two showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

2nd blob over. Moon visible through light cloud. Awaiting the 3rd blob! traffic easing a bit on the Belgard road. Might make a dash for home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

John.Icy wrote: »
    The band over S.Dublin/N.Kildare right now isn't anything special compared to what is arriving behind it. Potential for another 2/3cm out of the next band at current intensity. Tracking on a similar route to the last two showers.

Indeed, tracking that on the Netweather subscription radar and the area of snow is both enlarging and intensifying a LOT!!! It should cip south Dublin and if the intensity remains as it is, it will indeed deliver several centimetres of snow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Well defined circulation as this system pushes southwards.

336910.jpg

Not snowing where I am in Sandyford for about the last half hour. Traffic looks at a standstill though.

Its bad enough there without snow!

highdef wrote: »
    Indeed, tracking that on the Netweather subscription radar and the area of snow is both enlarging and intensifying a LOT!!! It should cip south Dublin and if the intensity remains as it is, it will indeed deliver several centimetres of snow

And I shall watch it to my North West most likely, going by raintoday, by around 5-10km, nothing in weather terms. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If you are in Dublin, have a listen to the traffic chaos on Live Drive on Dublin City FM.

http://dublincityfm.ie/livedrive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Next assault incoming for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Was up in the Sally Gap earlier today as far the the Military Road junction... whilst it was snowing, I was fairly surprised at how little snow was lying up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

2 hours from cherry wood to lucan exit on the M50!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

delw wrote: »
    Only got sleet :mad: boo hoo,nice to see parts of Dublin get some
    I take it back ,as i look out the balcony it's snowing :) seems to be sticking to car roofs

Barely snowing right now and can still just about see the moon peeping through the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

absolutely having a blast with all the kiddies on the road. got great pics!!! very heavy snow just started again in maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Heading for South dublin alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Took me almost an hour to get from Ballyfermot to Palmerstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

highdef wrote: »

Well I propose we put the Wicklow mtns on trial for mass murder of said showers-Only lasting 5 mins when they get through them on my side :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just drove from Dublin Airport to Dublin 8 through the city centre. The Northside was clear but once I crossed the Liffey there was a good few cars with a a good coating of snow, and a good heavy shower started when I hit clanbrassil street, but seems to have stopped now.

absolutely having a blast with all the kiddies on the road. got great pics!!! very heavy snow just started again in maynooth

What are the snow levels there like? NW corner of Kildare have been taking the most direct hit with these last few showers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Anyone up around Oldcastle/Kells with a report?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Snowing again now in ballyfermot Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

snowing heavily again in Dublin 15....Castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very slippy under foot there will be mayhem if this freezes

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

John.Icy wrote: »
    What are the snow levels there like? NW corner of Kildare have been taking the most direct hit with these last few showers.

we had approx. 3cm in one shower a while ago that started as rain. we had enough to build a half decent snow man. a bit of a thaw and it is currently very heavy with another covering starting. absolutely thrilled! never expected this out of current set up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

snow is lovely just watch out for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

There seemed to have been a thaw in Clondalkin, judging by the amount of water coming off the trees. I had no visions of snow sticking at all in Dublin, so you can imagine everybody's shock in my workplace when the realisation came about. Still, it didn't take me too long to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Could anything come of this small feature? Circled in pink.

qRh1obJ.gif

It's visible on Sat24 at the mo but heres a shot of it on the mets infra red

CpHfFp6.jpg

• Advertisement

OK round 3 is starting in Tallaght. Getting increasingly heavier. Moons gone. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement