Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Croppy you get anything lovely covering here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

I hope we dont have to watch a polar low slide down the west coast and give the westies a dumping!:o

seems to be taking the right track for an eastie living in the west :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

i hope we see that... haha. this cold weather sure beats the wet miserable usual stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

-0.9C and clear at the minute. Our estate is like an ice rink after earlier rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Today FM News just said that "only Northern & North-Western counties are likely to have snowfall".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Villain wrote: »
    Croppy you get anything lovely covering here

Had just a very light show shower at approx 5.30pm that gave a light sprinkling. Then some very light stuff blowing about approx and hour ago.

Today FM News just said that "only Northern & North-Western counties are likely to have snowfall".

Sure what would they know? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Further east the precip should stay as Snow with some decent fall across the Midlands, Leinster and East Munster.

Accumulations of of between 3-10cm will occur during the passage of this front with highest accumulations in Leinster and the Midlands.

Heavy snow showers will feed into the north and northwest after the front clears with accumulations of snow here.

It is likely at this moment to track down the centre of the country giving fresh falls of snow with >5cm and upto 15cm's in places.

As this feature clears winds will veer Northeasterly and a convergence zone will set up along the Irish sea with a band of snow showers forming, these showers will push onto the eastern coast from Dublin southwards from around 3/6pm with big accumulations in places as the showers are likely to be very heavy at times.

Dublin Airport: 8cm
    Belfast: 17cm
    Shannon: 8cm
    Birr: 15cm
    Derry: 15cm

I call Rampede!

I admire your enthusiasm, WC, but I don't buy it at least for my location.

Sure what would they know? :p

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Have ya noticed lads and lassies that the clump of cloud to the right of the possible forming eye is feeding it like what happens in a tornado

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

MetO have 1 hours to plan its 930 forecast.

If they don't warn of the possibility they will have serious egg on their faces tomorrow and have annoyed alot of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thats based on an early Met Eireann forecast. Jean Byrne after the 6 news didnt restrict accumulation to any region, she just said they were more likely in the N/NW.

redsunset wrote: »
    Have ya noticed lads and lassies that the clump of cloud to the right of the possible formong eye is feeding it like what happens in a tornado
    The feature is huge isn't it?

I wonder what it will look like in 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

well its snowing it limerick at the moment so they're wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

The feature is huge isn't it?

I wonder what it will look like in 3 hours.

YES WC we could be looking down the barrel of a loading gun,course seems central ireland track alright

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

YES WC we could be looking down the barrel of a loading gun,course seems central ireland track alright

No misfires, please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here are METARs for the past 6 hours at Vagar, Faroe Islands. They clearly show the passage of that minor circulation at 1821Z, where the wind became variable, the pressure was at its lowest, and the temperature rose after it. It don't thinkit's a developing polar low, however. I think if one does develop it will out of the large mass of cloud to its east, north of Scotland.

EKVG 041951Z 02020KT 9999 SCT035CB 01/M01 Q1015 RMK WIND 850FT 02020G33KT 350V050
    EKVG 041852Z 01014KT 9999 -SHSN BKN025CB 01/M00 Q1014 RESN BLSN RMK WIND 850FT 35040G60KT 320V030

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041821Z VRB15G25KT 0600 R13///// R31///// SHSN VV003 M01/M03 Q1014 REBLSN RMK WIND 850FT 31025G40KT[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041759Z 33026KT 4000 SHSN BLSN BKN020CB M01/M02 Q1016 RMK WIND 850FT 33022G47KT 310V030[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041725Z 34024G36KT 9999 BKN025CB M00/M03 Q1017 RMK WIND 850FT VRB21G46KT[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041652Z 35021G31KT 6000 -SHSN BLSN BKN030CB M01/M03 Q1017 RMK WIND 850FT 35029G48KT 310V020[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041550Z 36024G36KT 9999 VCSH BKN035CB M01/M05 Q1018 RMK WIND 850FT 35036G51KT[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monospace,Courier]EKVG 041450Z 36017KT 9999 BLSN BKN035CB M02/M04 Q1018 RMK WIND 850FT 36025G36KT 330V040[/FONT]

I am gonna leave here until 11, i expect 100 pages of posts and an image of a monster polar low to the north of NI when i return:D

Wibbler wrote: »
    No misfires, please. :)

Or blanks for that matter! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Temp is going up here currently at 0 C. Strangely dp was going up as well, but now going back down, currently -2.2 C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I am gonna leave here until 11, i expect 100 pages of posts and an image of a monster polar low to the north of NI when i return:D

It's on it's way :D
    HEALTH WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE HAS BEEN MANIPULATED AND DOES NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT REALITY
    100876.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

Snow update: Have had a good snow fall here in Dooradoyle, Limerick for the last half an hour. Hope it continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

:D

SA, Oh yeah i know nothing is set in stone but it's looking good all the same, I don't feel let down that much when we get nothing so i can ramp myself up no end with no regrets! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Cat20is20excited20about20snow202009.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    It's on it's way :D
    100876.jpg

Nearly got a heart attack when that popped up on my screen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »

Yeah, I just edited my post to give a health warning ..Sorry lads !!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Have ya noticed lads and lassies that the clump of cloud to the right of the possible forming eye is feeding it like what happens in a tornado

Why yes i did!!!:D was pointing that out to hubby just this minute while reading over past posts... does it mean something? something good, something real good??????????????????????;)

DOCARCH wrote: »

me too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eoinoc333

Maruney wrote: »
    Snow update: Have had a good snow fall here in Dooradoyle, Limerick for the last half an hour. Hope it continues!

Yup, it's falling nicely now in Rhebogue in Limerick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

snow getting heavy in limerick- all of it is staying on the ground

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement