Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Guineas Weekend

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That Siskin 2 yr old looks nice. Where is the sire from ? First Defence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    That Siskin 2 yr old looks nice. Where is the sire from ? First Defence ?

America. Has been around years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Mohawk all day long, great e/w bet

Id lay TDH and Magna

Yep all over Mohawk here . Great chance if tdh isn’t the second coming . Also can’t resist van beethoven at 125/1 ew small bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I like Victory Command in the 1450 at Haydock.
    He's down to a rating of 92 after some poor runs so far this year. The horse is by War Command and it may be that he is taking after his own sire War Front in that his colts make strong 2yos but dont progress out at 3yo.
    Mark Johnston is in decent form though and hes a tasty 28/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Irish 2000 Guineas, The Curragh 15:35

Phoenix Of Spain.... 22.00
    First run this year. Consistent last year.
    Beaten a head by Magna Grecia over 8f in the Group 1 "Racing Post" Trophy at Doncaster "bumped inside final 50yds".
    Previous race 2nd by 1 3/4l to Too Darn Hot over 7f.

Emaraaty Ana ... 180.03
    18th of 19 in the English Guineas.
    Will do better today as there are only 14 runners. :rolleyes:
    Led for a while by 3 lengths on his own "isolated" in the English 2000 Guineas so has pace.
    Ridden by David Egan in the English Guineas, Andrea Artzeni today.
    Won a Group 2 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All the money for Magna Grecia now. TDH drifting.

Decrypt out to 22/1. Has he lost a leg?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They mentioned the statistic of 2/18 for quick turnaround Gosden runners in Group 1's on the morning line. That has to be affecting the price. Available at 15 /8 now.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/curragh/15:35/winner

I am ew on Phoenix of Spain and Shelir.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Curragh 2:25 - Taking advantage of the four places in the betting from Paddy Power to have a bet on Maarek at 50/1 in this one. Probably needs heavy ground, but I think in a 12 runner race this is over priced and can squeak a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Haydock 4:00 - Battaash very well supported at 11/10 for this one after the wind op, but I don't see how it can be that short whereas Alpha Delphini is 14/1. Very little between these horses in my reading of the form, and I can't help but have a bet on Alpha Delphini at the far bigger price given it's beaten the favourite and second favourite over course and distance last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Skardu has been hammered a d I didn't get on of course. Still think with this ground now he'll come on and is best priced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

1.50 Glow worm 11/2
    2.25 Hammersmith 8/1
    4.45 Spruce Meadows 8/1
    5.20 Karasi 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Beaten a head by Magna Grecia over 8f in the Group 1 "Racing Post" Trophy at Doncaster "bumped inside final 50yds".

Emaraaty Ana ... 180.03
    Led for a while by 3 lengths on his own "isolated" in the English 2000 Guineas so has pace.
    Won a Group 2 last year.

A big THANKS

Easy game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Great ride by spencer, winner had the run of the race. Interesting in ascot to see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

That winner was seriously impressive.
    Will stay 10f no problem too. Spencer couldn't pull him up after the line.

Was at the curragh, would take the result with a pinch of salt myself. Like the english guibeas, there is a definite draw bais and been up with the pace today. Very hard to come from behind. Dont think he will beat tdh in ascot and it was a brilliant ride from spencer. Could be wrong though !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Emaraaty Ana ... 180.03
    Won a Group 2 last year.

Great shout T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Was at the curragh, would take the result with a pinch of salt myself. Like the english guibeas, there is a definite draw bais and been up with the pace today. Very hard to come from behind. Dont think he will beat tdh in ascot and it was a brilliant ride from spencer. Could be wrong though !
    The winner looked to be in the mold of Alpha Centauri, another grey who got their act together spectacularly as a 3yo. Also O'Brien's yoke was seriously off today and may be back with a bang at Ascot.

TDH was outsped today, despite all of Gosden's BS about his not staying. In every single race he has run in he has been moving away from the pack at the end of his races. Gosden was blaming the short trip for his sister's unimpressive win over 10f at York. TDH belongs at middle-distances. I think Gosden has messed up by not running him in the Derby where his early maturity would have given him an edge over the slower maturing types

tryfix wrote: »
    The winner looked to be in the mold of Alpha Centauri, another grey who got their act together spectacularly as a 3yo. Also O'Brien's yoke was seriously off today and may be back with a bang at Ascot.

TDH was outsped today, despite all of Gosden's BS about his not staying. In every single race he has run in he has been moving away from the pack at the end of his races. Gosden was blaming the short trip for his sister's unimpressive win over 10f at York. TDH belongs at middle-distances. I think Gosden has messed up by not running him in the Derby where his early maturity would have given him an edge over the slower maturing types

A load of waffle. TDH will win at Ascot imo over a mile. Raced free again today with no cover. Had hisbrace run by the 2F out pole when they quickened. Ran a far better race than I thought he would. Crazy decision to run but no harm done.

Kauto wrote: »
    A load of waffle. TDH will win at Ascot imo over a mile. Raced free again today with no cover. Had hisbrace run by the 2F out pole when they quickened. Ran a far better race than I thought he would. Crazy decision to run but no harm done.

Considering he had no cover , bad draw and the short break, I thought he ran a great race. I would fancy him for ascot

• Advertisement

Considering he had no cover , bad draw and the short break, I thought he ran a great race. I would fancy him for ascot

Making excuses for horses is an expensive business. TDH the 126 rated superstar looked to be a picture of health today before the race. Frankie had him exactly where he wanted him as the race to the line hotted up and he plugged on solidly in 2nd a full 3L ahead of 101 rated I Am Superman in 6th. Take a below par Magna Grecia out of the race and the real value of the form in the 2,000 takes shape.

"Raced in mid-division, closer to chase leaders halfway, ridden to chase leader in 2nd over 2f out, no impression on leader 1f out, kept on same pace"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Taught he ran a good race myself. Phoenix of Spain got the run of the race but looks like a cracking horse. Donnacha should have kept the ride on Magna also imo but it is what it is. Great day for Jamie Spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

I'd be wary enough about making excuses for those in behind. Didn't think Magna Grecia had any excuses. Id be more inclined to lie on the side that he got the run of the race in Newmarket. Think I would be betting Phoenix of Spain to be the lot again in ascot if he was a competitive price tbh.

Making excuses for horses is an expensive business. TDH the 126 rated superstar looked to be a picture of health today before the race. Frankie had him exactly where he wanted him as the race to the line hotted up and he plugged on solidly in 2nd a full 3L ahead of 101 rated I Am Superman in 6th. Take a below par Magna Grecia out of the race and the real value of the form in the 2,000 takes shape.

"Raced in mid-division, closer to chase leaders halfway, ridden to chase leader in 2nd over 2f out, no impression on leader 1f out, kept on same pace"
    Can you read a race at all? The horse hot no cover at all amazed he finished as close as he did.
    I laid the horse today, thought he had no chance but he will win in Ascot. No doubt about that

Can you read a race at all? The horse hot no cover at all amazed he finished as close as he did.
    I laid the horse today, thought he had no chance but he will win in Ascot. No doubt about that

Since when has he needed cover? He usually gets scrubbed along struggling a bit to keep up with the leaders and then he comes home with a sustained burst of speed.
    "Gosden didn't feel the quick turnaround took the edge off Too Darn Hot, who settled quite well close to the pace but didn't have the gears of the winner at the finish. However, he did suggest there would be more progress to come."

"I don't think he ran flat. He is a game one and I think he has needed this race to bring him on again," said the British champion trainer. "We missed most of the spring so I think we are still making improvement."

https://www.racingpost.com/news/big-race-reports/ascot-next-as-too-darn-hot-fails-to-build-on-juvenile-promise-in-curragh-classic/382552

It'll take another Roaring Lion type training feat from Gosden to bring TDH to the top over a mile.

Since when has he needed cover? He usually gets scrubbed along struggling a bit to keep up with the leaders and then he comes home with a sustained burst of speed.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/big-race-reports/ascot-next-as-too-darn-hot-fails-to-build-on-juvenile-promise-in-curragh-classic/382552

It'll take another Roaring Lion type training feat from Gosden to bring TDH to the top over a mile.

There has been five mile races in the curragh iver the last few days and every winner has been in the front staying up or making the pace. None have come from behind, tdh did exceptionally well considering the draw he had . Hermosa made all in the english guineas and has a great draw, will be having a few quid on today.

There has been five mile races in the curragh iver the last few days and every winner has been in the front staying up or making the pace. None have come from behind, tdh did exceptionally well considering the draw he had . Hermosa made all in the english guineas and has a great draw, will be having a few quid on today.

That's a very good point that can't be ignored. The problem with TDHs run in the Guineas is not that he failed to catch the winner but that TDH was near the front-end of the chasing group and he couldn't pull away from some relatively moderate horses that came from behind. Gosden can produce magic improvement from his stars so maybe TDH will improve half a stone from this run.

What do you make of the O'Brien horses efforts this weekend? He has just one winner and the rest of his runners were lacking a spark. Good luck with Hermosa, she comes from a great producer and is hopefully one that will hold her form long enough to have a good run of wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Anyone need tickets for today? Have 4 available for free

That's a very good point that can't be ignored. The problem with TDHs run in the Guineas is not that he failed to catch the winner but that TDH was near the front-end of the chasing group and he couldn't pull away from some relatively moderate horses that came from behind. Gosden can produce magic improvement from his stars so maybe TDH will improve half a stone from this run.

What do you make of the O'Brien horses efforts this weekend? He has just one winner and the rest of his runners were lacking a spark. Good luck with Hermosa, she comes from a great producer and is hopefully one that will hold her form long enough to have a good run of wins.

O briens have been disappointing but could change today hopefully, I hate giving out about jockeys but moore should of realised that you had to be on the pace for the I can fly race. Dettori robbbed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

When Romanised won the Irish 2000 Guineas in 2018 I though he benefited from getting cover off the pace into a headwind, popping out near the finish a fresh horse.
    Yesterday I though there was a following breeze which might have made it easier to set the pace.
    Three furlongs out it was Phoenix Of Spain, Emaraaty Ana, Magna Grecia, Too Darn Hot.
    The commentator said "Too Darn Hot covering ever move of Magna Grecia".
    When it got serious Phoenix Of Spain ran away from them. He is a more substantial horse than Too Darn Hot. The 3l winning margin looks a little understated.

Advertisement