Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Guineas Weekend

Options
  • 22-05-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Looks like Too Darn Hot is going to run. Robert Havlin booked to ride Calyx at Haydock so presume frankie will be over here.

Currently 15/8
    Magna Grecia 11/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Oooh interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

TDH going? Get in. Go on Johnny G. Will be my first time in the Curragh this year. Can’t wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

If Skardu goes ill be on him. Ground needs to be good. He won gamely in the side race that went on in the 2k English guineas. I think that run is much better than most think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

FatRat wrote: »
    If Skardu goes ill be on him. Ground needs to be good. He won gamely in the side race that went on in the 2k English guineas. I think that run is much better than most think.

Agreed. Skardu and Madhmoon were the two I took from the English 2k. In saying that I think that all going well TDH turns up and demolishes these over a mile on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Looks like Too Darn Hot is going to run. Robert Havlin booked to ride Calyx at Haydock so presume frankie will be over here.

Currently 15/8
    Magna Grecia 11/10

Will be the lay of the year. To my eye he had a hard enough race in the Dante and is coming back plenty quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

lay of the year, me bollix

you mightnt fancy him but hes hardly the lay of the year

akelly02 wrote: »
    lay of the year, me bollix

you mightnt fancy him but hes hardly the lay of the year

How could you fancy it? This race is an after thought coming 2 weeks after a hard enough race in the Dante. Either this weekend is a need to get another run into him for Ascot or he is not as good as they thought and might as well have a go this weekend. Either way very unlike JG to do this and you couldnt view it as anything other than a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Kauto wrote: »
    How could you fancy it? This race is an after thought coming 2 weeks after a hard enough race in the Dante. Either this weekend is a need to get another run into him for Ascot or he is not as good as they thought and might as well have a go this weekend. Either way very unlike JG to do this and you couldnt view it as anything other than a negative.

I'd trust Gosden to make the right call here. Very unlike him as you say, which leads me to believe TDH must be doing something very very nicely at home.

Decrypt my fancy for the race fwiw, and would have preferred TDH to have stayed away.

i fancy it

is he really the lay of the year, not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Think he should be fav myself tbh.

• Advertisement

i fancy it

is he really the lay of the year, not a hope

Ah well sure if you fancy it, should def win :)

Ah well sure if you fancy it, should def win :)

Smarthole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

11/8 JF in boyles now

did the double with Hermosa

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Think it's a shambles that the bookies won't price up the group 2s on the card, final forfeit was on Tuesday. Would create a bit more hype around the whole occasion with people backing ante post in these big races too.

I’d be against TDH. He’s on a retrieval mission, Magna Grecia is the form horse, strong fav for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I’d be against TDH. He’s on a retrieval mission, Magna Grecia is the form horse, strong fav for me.

It's an unbelievably quick return to the track for TDH just 9 days after the Dante. Gosden is not going to mess about with such a valuable stallion prospect. The horse will be close to spot on and it has a killer turn of speed at the end of a race. Really looking forward to this race, I'd say that there's no doubt that Magna Grecia has come on hugely since his 2yo days, he's a magnificent looking animal this year and that well being stands in contrast to the unimpressive looking TDH that turned up for the Dante.

The bookies have the odds right, Magna Grecia is a deserving favourite but you won't get rich taking on John Gosden either. One to watch, especially because Ryan Moore will be back on Magna Grecia. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It looks like people are backing Too Darn Hot. Into favouritism with some firms.

It also looks like there is an ew punt on Decrypt.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/irish-2000-guineas/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Im against too darn hot, as said in previous posts it's a huge negative he is turning up here which is very unlike johnny g,It looks to me like the horse was more mature than his generation last year and the rest have caught up.
    I'm not just going on the dante run,just the way he has been targeted and campaigned.
    Magna grecia for me.

He will prove ye wrong Saturday lads with a convincing win . Oh ye of little faith

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Can I just ask what people are basing it on that it’s a negative TDH turns up here on Saturday??? I can’t understand how anyone can say it’s a negative

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe I’m foolish to give up on TDH after one race. His Dante run wasn’t that bad either really. I’ll see what the market is like on the day and bet the price.

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Can I just ask what people are basing it on that it’s a negative TDH turns up here on Saturday??? I can’t understand how anyone can say it’s a negative

Its a fairly foolproof method of laying shorties. You wont go far wrong. Horse coming back with 3/4 weeks of their seasonal reapperence.

JG is 2/18 running horses back in Group 1's within a fortnight of previous run.
    Of the two that won, none where having their second run back.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Its a fairly foolproof method of laying shorties. You wont go far wrong. Horse coming back with 3/4 weeks of their seasonal reapperence.

While I can understand people would read that stat as a negative. It is quite a pointless stat without outlining at the very least the average SP of these runners.

you will be laying him for how much so?

you will be laying him for how much so?

What exactly has does that matter to you? Without knowing my avg stake etc etc

I have stated my opinion and would back it up with a lay. I have already laid the horse for €750 @ Avg odds of 2.52. Will probably increase this before the race tomorrow.

One bet for me tonight.

Ellenthus in 6PM. 6/1

Third run back tonight and ran a lovely race on handicap debut last time in Limerick. Crosse takes off 5 and can see this going off around 7/2-4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Great to see a big clash at the curragh often the Irish classics are a bit of a let down versus the English. First time since Henrythenavigator went up against New Approach here that there's been a real good looking clash

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Mohawk all day long, great e/w bet

Id lay TDH and Magna

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am backing Alfaatik in the listed race at Goodwood. On breeding he should appreciate the step up in trip and the favourite is by Kingman, he won't appreciate the extra 400 yards like some of the others.

At the prices I think 15/2 is worth a go as opposed to 5 /6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Another win for Kingman after private secretary hacks up.

Advertisement