Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

It will have all kicked off by this time next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,476 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Couldnt resist breaking out the santa socks today!!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Couldnt resist breaking out the santa socks today!!! :D

Snap!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Tomorrow is the first Rudolph Day of the year, guys !
    Any special plans ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the first Rudolph Day of the year, guys !
    Any special plans ?

Nothing planned at all. I think wearing a set of Christmas socks is in order!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Nothing planned at all. I think wearing a set of Christmas socks is in order!

Ditto! Already have them laid out with the rest of my work clothes for tomorrow.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh good idea, I'll get out my Christmas socks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've worn Christmas socks most days in January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Burns night tomorrow.
    Always the first Rudolph Day, 25th January.
    Birthday of Scotland's national poet, Robbie Burns.
    He wrote Auld Lang Syne!
    (and lots of other famous poems and songs)

A day to celebrate all things Scottish, including winter and whisky. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Not planning on doing anything but am very thankful that this January flew by unlike January last year!
    What was up with that? :)

• Advertisement

2ywxo3l.jpg

Let’s go! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ah I completely forgot until I looked at the date now that today was rudolph day - so no Christmas socks on. But I might watch a Christmas movie later and tie it in with a wee dram of whiskey to celebrate Burns night.

Happy Rudolph Day !
    Christmassy and Scottish touch for me: a piece of shortbread for breakfast

Happy belated Rudolph Day! I was working yesterday and barely had time for lunch, and was out at a party after work, so decided to celebrate Saturday instead.

I had turkey and ham and trifle in honour of Rudolph Day today. And I am wearing my brussels sprout socks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Is it Rudolph day yet? I don't want to miss it this month!

also......what does one do on Rudolph Day?

Posy wrote: »
    Happy belated Rudolph Day! I was working yesterday and barely had time for lunch, and was out at a party after work, so decided to celebrate Saturday instead.

I had turkey and ham and trifle in honour of Rudolph Day today. And I am wearing my brussels sprout socks. :)

:eek: You have wha??? Brussell Sprout Socks, you say?! :eek: You are too cool for vegetarian school, Miss Posy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Is it Rudolph day yet? I don't want to miss it this month!

also......what does one do on Rudolph Day?

Is on Monday.

I believe you do something Christmasy, however I'm sure someone more informed can correct me.

Am going to try to remember to wear the Christmas boxers as forgot to keep any Christmas socks down.

This rudolph day is an easy one for me to remember, it clashes with my birthday!! Will be proudly sporting rudolph socks to work, which is pretty much the norm for me every 25th of the month!!

DvB wrote: »
    This rudolph day is an easy one for me to remember, it clashes with my birthday!! Will be proudly sporting rudolph socks to work, which is pretty much the norm for me every 25th of the month!!

Many happy returns (in advance).

TRS30 wrote: »
    Many happy returns (in advance).

TYVM.

IIRC there's another regular on here that has their birthday the same day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

DvB wrote:
    IIRC there's another regular on here that has their birthday the same day...

That's me DvB! Happy Birthday in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy birthday DvB!

The wee elf has decided that she will be yapping all night so we have nothing planned for Rudolph day due to fatigue.

Happy Rudolph day everyone.

Remembered the Rudolph boxers this morning so feeling all Christmasy :)

Only 9 more Rudolph days till the big one!

Happy Rudolph day all!!
    Wearing a pair of crimbo socks & have a turkey & stuffing sandwich with me for lunch :D

Happy Birthday to DvB and Shadow1983 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

May have a sneaky hot chocolate. Just don't mention it on the Christmas cracker thread

Still ploughing through a huge pack of Rudolph paper napkins (waiting to break open the pack with the Easter bunny)
    Have a good one, Elves !

Happy Rudolph day, guys! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I forgot about Rudolph day! I have Santy socks on today though to make up for it! :D

• Advertisement

I missed Rudolph day again :o ......but it's not like I have any socks to celebrate anyway. :/

I missed Rudolph day again :o ......but it's not like I have any socks to celebrate anyway. :/

Rudolph day isn’t about the socks it’s about whatever you want it to be :)

Could be listening to a Christmas song, watching a Christmas movie. Whatever Christmassy things you like :)

Never mind Rudolph Day, I have Christmas jocks on today ha ha! :)

Has anyone else noticed how we celebrate Rudolph Days more between January to September than the last two in October and November?
    I think its because we are into the Christmas season here on Boards and the countdown is getting seriously small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i wore my christmas socks:):)
    would have watched a christmas movie but was working:(

Has anyone else noticed how we celebrate Rudolph Days more between January to September than the last two in October and November?
    I think its because we are into the Christmas season here on Boards and the countdown is getting seriously small.

Yep. That’s because we need a little bit of Christmas outside of those months. And once October hits we’re pretty much in the Christmas season once pesky Halloween gets out of the way!!!

In May, Rudolph day will fall on a Saturday. Love when it's during the weekend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I have a Rudolph day almost every week!

why I cant ever remember rudolph day :(

why I cant ever remember rudolph day :(

I blame work! :(

Happy Rudolph Day Guys. Wow, a third of the year is already done!

I'm wearing Santa socks for the day that's in it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day one and all :D

A little craft project for today:
    Last Christmas I found a paper bag from one of the shops in a nice rich brown colour, and thought, hmm, that paper would make nice gift labels.

So today, going to cut up and perforate and attach little strings to at least thirty gift tags for the Christmas boxes next December!
    They'll be gorgeous when I write the names on them in gold with a metallic marker.

Only copped the date when collecting the kids from camp this afternoon so have done the sum total of zero to mark it... so yet another month added to the forgotten Rudolph day list.

missed it again :/

Day Lewin, your project sounds lovely!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Happy Rudolph Day one and all :D

Had the Rudolph boxers on, more by accident then design!

Here's what I made, a sample of:

I cannae believe :mad: I missed it again (makes note to ask Santy for a Rudolph day alarm!)

ooh Day Lewin, well done! Love them, so festive!

Happy May Rudolph's Day fellow Elves!!

Going to a wedding today but will wear a pair of Christmas jocks under the suit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolph Day. Having a roast dinner this evening to celebrate.

Happy Rudolph day elves.... had a cranberry scone earlier today instead of my usual fruit one... a small gesture but with a nod towards the season to come.

• Advertisement
Advertisement