Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Sugar and lemon is usually enough for me. I had some in a cafe a month ago and it was sugar overkill. Might just be fit enough for one on Tuesday now my appetite is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jam is my 'go to' topping, however also like peanut butter as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Golden syrup and lemon for me! Although I don't mind maple syrup if having them with bacon. The kids love nutella. I'll probably make a batch of them tonight to reheat in the morning & set up the table with nutella, syrup, lemon & fruit and let them dig in themselves. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love Nutella and Nutella on pancakes, I have a SMALL bit of Nutella left in a tub I bought at Christmas, how Nutella lasted this long with me I'll never know.

I won't have enough Nutella as I would like but I honestly can't buy another tub of it I need to get my sh1t together this year!

My husband brought me a catering bucket of Nutella back from Luxembourg a few months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    My husband brought me a catering bucket of Nutella back from Luxembourg a few months ago!

And now I jealous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Not my usual forum, but a lot of enthusiasm here around cake of the pan variety, so I'm optimistic!

As much as I personally love the lemon & sugar approach, or bacon & cheese, or just about anything...
    I know herself loves buckwheat batter.

So like, outside of Holland & Barrett, anywhere one can get buckwheat flour? NOT BUCKWHEAT, damn Lidl trying to trick me

Edit: Found a healthstore near Coolmine that had me covered. Galettes for All!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I shall be swimming outside the mainstream here, by voting against Nutella. Too bland, sweet, and mushy, in my opinion, so not enough contrast for the quite mild pancakes themselves.

Stubbornly following tradition with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of caster sugar. Or a segment of orange.
    Ice cream and some chopped nuts mmmm, for a nice fresh contrast.

If savoury, then rashers/maple syrup. Or sliced tomatoes, slowly fried in salty butter.
    Or minced beef and grated cheddar.
    Chili con carne can be good too, for a touch of Mexican sizzle, with a dollop of cool yogurt or guacamole...

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So excited! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My 2nd favourite Rudolph day of the year (Novembers being my favourite) but no pancakes for me this year, trying to be good on the food intake side of things and pancakes & cake on the same day is a bit much :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy birthday?

No pancakes for me as we just completely forgot and my OH is out this evening so I am in charge of the little elves. So just getting normal dinner, bathing and bottles sorted is enough for me.

Though being Rudolph day and the OH being out I may throw on a chirstmas special

DvB wrote: »
    My 2nd favourite Rudolph day of the year (Novembers being my favourite) but no pancakes for me this year, trying to be good on the food intake side of things and pancakes & cake on the same day is a bit much :D

Many happy returns DvB.

Well if you cant have pancakes, cake is pretty good substitute :D

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Can't believe it's the second one since Christmas already :eek:

Only 9 more to go!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Can't believe it's the second one since Christmas already :eek:

Only 9 more to go!!

Once we get into March the year starts to really take off... great seeing the brighter mornings & evenings, if the rain & wind would just do one for a bit it'd be even better! Clocks go forward four weeks from Saturday:eek: and we'll really see a difference in the evenings then!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy Birthday, DVB! Have a lovely day!

Happy pancakes! :D

Happy Birthday DVB.

And Happy Tuesday Rudolph Pancake Day everyone.

Happy Birthday DVB !!!

I'm SO FULL.

Posy wrote: »
    I'm SO FULL.

Yep. But there’s still enough batter for Breakfast pancakes tomorrow. I’m a monster.

• Advertisement

Right I got three before dinner and it’s like I never had any. I was too hungry to enjoy them.

Now having ice cream to make up for it !

Had two in work and three at home so definitely got my pancake quote in!

BTW did anyone do anything Christmasy?? Seems like the day was hijacked by Pancake day, understandably.

BTW did anyone do anything Christmasy?? Seems like the day was hijacked by Pancake day, understandably.

I ate like an absolute glutton, if that's not Christmassy I don't know what is! :pac:

I wore my Christmas pj’s while eating the ice cream.

I wore christmas socks... its my staple Rudolph day action!!:D

Loughc wrote: »
    I ate like an absolute glutton, if that's not Christmassy I don't know what is! :pac:
    This 100%!!

Next Rudolph Day is Waffle Day, but I might postpone getting the old waffle iron out of storage until that weekend, when I have time for the faff of making waffles. :D

Oh waffle day takes place on a Wednesday which is now my Weigh In day. I see a post weight in treat coming :D

• Advertisement

Dont do waffle day so that's one potential calorie mountain that I'll be able to swerve easily enough!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was away on a work trip this week so we did Pancake Tuesday for Sunday brunch instead. We had sausages, bacon, grated cheese and red onion for the savoury course, then sugar & lemon, Nutella and banana for dessert. Mr Scarinae had never tried sugar & lemon before because it isn't a thing in Canada, but now thinks he might prefer it to Nutella :confused:
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    That's my next birthday present sorted! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day guys! Quarter of the way to Christmas already, clocks go forward soon and we'll get over this crisis and start to enjoy a bit of decent weather.
    By Christmas 2020 we will be raising a glass and thinking what a year this was.

Completely forgot it, again!! Doh!!

Completely forgot it, again!! Doh!!

Me too with everything going on.

At least at home so can go put some Christmas clothes on or try and rustle up a turkey and canberry sandwich for lunch :)

Happy Rudolph all, another Christmas related bright moment is these troubled times.

By Christmas 2020 we will be raising a glass and thinking what a year this was.

God yea! Imagine the stories we'd be able to tell.

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day !!

Next Rudolph Day is on a Saturday. Something to look forward to already. :)

Bumping this, Rudolph day tomorrow, which is a Saturday (As Posy pointed out a month ago) so anyone planning on doing anything to Mark the fourth Rudolph day of the year?

Bumping this, Rudolph day tomorrow, which is a Saturday (As Posy pointed out a month ago) so anyone planning on doing anything to Mark the fourth Rudolph day of the year?

We have a family Zoom quiz every Sat night so going to come up with some Christmas questions!

Well tomorrow I start on my annual paint the fence. Weeks earlier . Will follow that up with homemade burgers to celebrate Rudolph Day. Then I think I’ll watch Love Actually .

• Advertisement

We have a family Zoom quiz every Sat night so going to come up with some Christmas questions!

Cool how many participate? Who comes up with the questions?

I might finally getting around to watching Klaus or Last Christmas, or the BBC version of A Christmas Carol... might. :pac:

You still haven't seen Klaus?!

Happy Rudolph Day to everyone, a third of the way through the year already.
    Are the above mentioned films on Netflix?

Klaus is on Netflix anyway. :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Cool how many participate? Who comes up with the questions?

4 teams, folks, us, brother and wife and sister and husband.

We each come up with two rounds each of 6 questions.

You automatically get 6 points for each of the rounds you ask so questions are getting harder and harder!!

Happy Rudolph Day guys!

Another month done, hope everyone is keeping well and we get back to normality in the next couple of months.

Am wearing candy cane boxers to mark the day that's in it :)

Wearing Santa socks myself... Happy Rudolph day y'all. This is the 5th of the year & next one is the mid point so we're starting to motor now.
    Have a good day everyone.

Have a good one guys, doesn't feel too Christmasy out there today however will find something to do/eat to mark the day at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Have a good one guys, doesn't feel too Christmasy out there today however will find something to do/eat to mark the day at some stage.

Mince Pie Strudle in the Freezer. Wonder should I risk it. OH doesn't eat it so will have to finish the whole thing myself:D Happy Rudolph Day folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement