Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kellydillon20

Hi just wondering has anyone applied to meath co council. And what there outcome was with them thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the following means:
    ‘Your file had been sent to the Housing Agency’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the following means:
    ‘Your file had been sent to the Housing Agency’

The Housing Agency are the ones who assess whether to approve your initial application or not. It means the Council you applied to have sent your application to the Housing Agency to decide whether to approve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Fingal County Council are no longer accepting applications for the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shellzer123

gnr vr fan wrote: »
    Hi Kotac 24,

What stage are you currently at in the process. When did the council look for the above information (as this is normally supplied when applying for a rebuilding Ireland Homeloan i.e. Approval in Principle)

I have gone sale agreed on a property and am waiting on a remote valuation.

Could you provide some information in relation as to what are the next steps in the process with the rebuilding ireland homeloan after going sale agreed.

Please and Thanks.

Hi, i was wondering have u got any further with your application and what council you are with?

• Advertisement

gandalfio wrote: »
    Fingal County Council are no longer accepting applications for the scheme.

What about people that have gone sale agreed?

Hi I am wondering can anyone help.
    Are Fingal County Council back up and running with their application process.? I am sale agreed, have my valuation done but not getting any reply from them to submit my documents?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi I am wondering can anyone help.
    Are Fingal County Council back up and running with their application process.? I am sale agreed, have my valuation done but not getting any reply from them to submit my documents?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

These were their responses to me via email loans@fingal.ie.

'Due to the ongoing Covid19 situation, Fingal County Council offices are now closed. Only essential personal and critical services are in operation during this National Health Emergency. In this regard, the Loans Department is working with a reduced staff and only essential functions are being carried out.

As such, staff have limited access to data that is primarily held in our offices. We are not available by phone and can only communicate through email.

Due to the restrictions in place the only functions in operation are assisting existing borrowers that are having difficulty meeting their monthly loan repayments. All other functions are on hold until further notice and we are not in a position to proceed with any loan application work due to the disruption of Covid19.

As services come back on-stream we will revisit your application, but we cannot give you a time frame on when this will occur.

We trust you can understand given the seriousness of the current crisis and thank you for your ongoing patience'.

Another email from they clarifying that no new applications will be accepted.

'We have postponed taking in any new applications at this present time. As services come back on-stream we will revisit your application, but we cannot give you a time frame on when this will occur'.

gandalfio wrote: »
    These were their responses to me via email loans@fingal.ie.

'Due to the ongoing Covid19 situation, Fingal County Council offices are now closed. Only essential personal and critical services are in operation during this National Health Emergency. In this regard, the Loans Department is working with a reduced staff and only essential functions are being carried out.

As such, staff have limited access to data that is primarily held in our offices. We are not available by phone and can only communicate through email.

Due to the restrictions in place the only functions in operation are assisting existing borrowers that are having difficulty meeting their monthly loan repayments. All other functions are on hold until further notice and we are not in a position to proceed with any loan application work due to the disruption of Covid19.

As services come back on-stream we will revisit your application, but we cannot give you a time frame on when this will occur.

We trust you can understand given the seriousness of the current crisis and thank you for your ongoing patience'.

Another email from they clarifying that no new applications will be accepted.

'We have postponed taking in any new applications at this present time. As services come back on-stream we will revisit your application, but we cannot give you a time frame on when this will occur'.

Thanks so much for your reply. I heard some councils were back up and running and was worried incase fingal were to.
    Best of luck with your application and thanks for answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

For anyone in the Approved in Principle stage, have they gotten any word on an extension to the 6 month period as a result of the C-19 lockdown. All activity in this sector has stopped for the last 8 weeks. Keeping in mind the time and effort involved it seems only fair to get this time added back to AIP period?

• Advertisement

For anyone in the Approved in Principle stage, have they gotten any word on an extension to the 6 month period as a result of the C-19 lockdown. All activity in this sector has stopped for the last 8 weeks. Keeping in mind the time and effort involved it seems only fair to get this time added back to AIP period?

No word yet as the offices are mostly closed but i am sure they would have to extend as this crisis was beyond out control.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Looking for some help. We have submitted our application and have clear evidence of ability to repay and save.

I am currently finishing my maternity leave. Will that fact that I am only on maternity benefit affect our offer. Has anyone applied while being on maternity leave?

L

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kellydillon

Just wondering has anyone went to the ombudsman after they feel they have a strong case after been declined

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Jim,

We've been told by email that our extension was approved, we had to raise it with a senior staff member to get approval but i'm not sure exactly how long the extension is for, we haven't got any written confirmation as yet. I don't suppose we'll get anything until after the admins are back.

Obviously, the councils will var slightly in response and who's back at work when, and getting through the mountain of emails and post on their return but i'd be sure you'll hear at some stage. (initial 6 months was up by April 4th and we're already sale agreed with a new build)

Not sure if this helps you, if you've found a house or still looking.

kbman wrote: »
    Jim,

We've been told by email that our extension was approved, we had to raise it with a senior staff member to get approval but i'm not sure exactly how long the extension is for, we haven't got any written confirmation as yet. I don't suppose we'll get anything until after the admins are back.

Obviously, the councils will var slightly in response and who's back at work when, and getting through the mountain of emails and post on their return but i'd be sure you'll hear at some stage. (initial 6 months was up by April 4th and we're already sale agreed with a new build)

Thanks Kbman, appreciate the reply, I'm still looking, like every other sector things have slowed to a halt, hopefully there will be extensions offered in due course, good luck with your new place.

Hi,

Looking for some help. We have submitted our application and have clear evidence of ability to repay and save.

I am currently finishing my maternity leave. Will that fact that I am only on maternity benefit affect our offer. Has anyone applied while being on maternity leave?

L

Not sure Cheesepuffs but from their approach to it I would imagine it's fine assuming you are still employed, I'd recommend contacting your CC to be sure, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Benci

kbman wrote: »
    Jim,

Hi may I ask you for extension what documents needs to be send?

Benci wrote: »
    Hi may I ask you for extension what documents needs to be send?

I remember being told at some point in the past so many bank statements were needed but by the time I came to the official request, nobody responded to me as the admin lady was on holidays. It may be the case that I get asked for documents when they start working again as I hear some admins were redeployed elsewhere.

You're best option will be to ask the specific cc, they should be the same answer but response may vary slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Haloumi2020

I have Approved in Principle and not needing an extension yet but will. There is one person dealing with loans in my CC! I tried to make contact but was told there was no one to deal with loans at the moment. The Loans lady was very patient explaining to me to wait until the last month as bank statements and payslips are needed so hopefully she will be back in or there is someone else working on them. It must be very hard as I know council staff have been redeployed to government restricted essential services.Hard on the staff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Can I ask if anyone:

1) Their application was rejected and why?

2) Got an offer way less the online calculator

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nicki_m

Hi all hope you are all safe and well. Having researched on these posts for information when I was going through the process I thought I’d give back as it is a really helpful board! I’m a legal secretary based in Dublin whom has gone through the process with DCC. You will be grateful when it’s all over and you finally get your keys to your new home! Pure bliss. I got my keys in December! It’s a long process and probably will be even longer now due to covid. I’m certain the application criteria and drawdown criteria will get even stricter due to job losses etc. I have however read through posts with some people stating they lost their jobs and still hoping to receive loan cheque? Are you crazy? You have lost your job! How will you pay the mortgage. County Councils i reckon will seek final checks before releasing loan cheque E.g proof of pay, eg payslip, letter from employer or letter from social welfare to state you are not in receipt of any benefits and in particular covid payments. It’s tough I know but hang in there it will be worth it in the end. I feel for people whom have lost jobs having nearly got to final stage. My advice, seek new job and get your loan extended. Then go in for final stage because don’t think because you have dropped in all forms you will get mortgage.

If anyone needs advice feel free to ask any questions.

Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noelo5

Nicki_m wrote: »
    Hi all hope you are all safe and well. Having researched on these posts for information when I was going through the process I thought I’d give back as it is a really helpful board! I’m a legal secretary based in Dublin whom has gone through the process with DCC. You will be grateful when it’s all over and you finally get your keys to your new home! Pure bliss. I got my keys in December! It’s a long process and probably will be even longer now due to covid. I’m certain the application criteria and drawdown criteria will get even stricter due to job losses etc. I have however read through posts with some people stating they lost their jobs and still hoping to receive loan cheque? Are you crazy? You have lost your job! How will you pay the mortgage. County Councils i reckon will seek final checks before releasing loan cheque E.g proof of pay, eg payslip, letter from employer or letter from social welfare to state you are not in receipt of any benefits and in particular covid payments. It’s tough I know but hang in there it will be worth it in the end. I feel for people whom have lost jobs having nearly got to final stage. My advice, seek new job and get your loan extended. Then go in for final stage because don’t think because you have dropped in all forms you will get mortgage.

If anyone needs advice feel free to ask any questions.

Nic

My job has been temporarily lost as we work in hospitality but they must understand we hav paid thousands on solicitors and other things as u know they need to do something we where a week away from getting cheque before this happened and also where I live I would be able to pay for mortgage as rent is same price anyway. Our less is up in 2 months so i hope we get the keys or we be on the street. Where supposed to be going back to work end of june please god if things keep inproving. But I cant see them refusing people after singing contracts over we spent around 4 grand all ready on legal fees that's a years savings there

Noelo5 wrote: »
    My job has been temporarily lost as we work in hospitality but they must understand we hav paid thousands on solicitors and other things as u know they need to do something we where a week away from getting cheque before this happened and also where I live I would be able to pay for mortgage as rent is same price anyway. Our less is up in 2 months so i hope we get the keys or we be on the street. Where supposed to be going back to work end of june please god if things keep inproving. But I cant see them refusing people after singing contracts over we spent around 4 grand all ready on legal fees that's a years savings there

Hi Noel, I am sorry to hear that. It’s horrible for it to happen to you. However if you are not working I can’t see them releasing Loan cheque. I’m sorry to be bearer of bad news but it’s when it comes to mortgage they want to be satisfied you can pay a mortgage. I hope your solicitor put a loan clause in to contract to protect you if they don’t grant you the mortgage.

Hi Noel, I am sorry to hear that. It’s horrible for it to happen to you. However if you are not working I can’t see them releasing Loan cheque. I’m sorry to be bearer of bad news but it’s when it comes to mortgage they want to be satisfied you can pay a mortgage. I hope your solicitor put a loan clause in to contract to protect you if they don’t grant you the mortgage.

If the loan clause is in the contract you will get your deposit bank in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noelo5

Yes we still getting the deposit back but iv spent 2000 for my solicitor 1500 for county council solicitors 500 for survey and valuation so we would lose 4 grand. Hopefully they just wait till we go back to work which should be end of june and then we see what happens, just hope everything get extended for us mortgage protection aswel that approval is up in july.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mbourke91

Yes that was with SDCC

Yes that was for approval.

And yes the calculator was accurate.

It is a very slow process and any phone calls I made did not seem to speed up the process. Again all I was told for weeks was that it was awaiting to go to the credit committee.

Even after it goes to the credit committee it can take two weeks for the manager to sign off on it.

I was getting very frustrated towards the end as the day before it was due to go to the credit committee a previous issue (which was already dealt with by a different member of SDCC staff) was highlighted. I got a bit frustrated here as I told the girl on the phone that they had asked for the clarification months before and I submitted it and everything was fine. But she still wanted something extra which meant a little bit more work.

Nevertheless I git the approval,
    Went Sale Agreed,
    Now Corona Virus. Yeahhhh.

Hello I’m looking to apply to SDCC and I was looking at their checklist on the SDCC website. It states that they need:

Letter from two Banks or Building Societies confirming insufficient offers of
    Finance. (Actual amount applied for must be specified)

We’re you able to get the letters with the amount specified? And if so if you don’t mine me asking, which banks provided these? Thank you

Mbourke91 wrote: »
    Hello I’m looking to apply to SDCC and I was looking at their checklist on the SDCC website. It states that they need:

We’re you able to get the letters with the amount specified? And if so if you don’t mine me asking, which banks provided these? Thank you

With me, I got my letters from TSB and BOI, and was able to get the letters issued in a couple of hours after chatting through our situation on the phone.
    They appreciate you being upfront with them and very approachable in this regard.

TSB, I went into the bank at the time and BOI could do everything over the phone with a password protected pdf of the letter saying the max they could give me.

They all have templates for this.
    At the time of my application, AIB would take weeks to get this and i think was same with ulster bank, things may have changed since.

Best of luck

HI,

Does anyone know if the ‘housing agency’ is still approving applications?

Mbourke91 wrote: »

Bank of Ireland are very good, quick chat on the phone and you have letter of offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kotac24

Hi Kotac 24,

What stage are you currently at in the process. When did the council look for the above information (as this is normally supplied when applying for a rebuilding Ireland Homeloan i.e. Approval in Principle)

I have gone sale agreed on a property and am waiting on a remote valuation.

Could you provide some information in relation as to what are the next steps in the process with the rebuilding ireland homeloan after going sale agreed.

Please and Thanks.
    Hi, i was wondering have u got any further with your application and what council you are with?

Hi sorry only now I saw this...
    Basically I was just waiting for the cheque and the keys, sale agreed 7th of January, final approval, all valuation and everything done, full deposits paid, contracts signed, all completed by the end of February... and since then just waiting... and then few weeks ago re-evaluation because of COVID-19, payslips again, salary certificates, solicitors and owners going crazy etc... we are going crazy etc... :)
    We are dealing with Fingal County Council, and also I understand them they have to re-evaluate things because of COVID etc, but this waiting is killing us, we packed all of the things in March as my wife is pregnant and we were hoping that the new baby will come in the new house, but baby didn't wait that long, he came yesterday in the old apartment, so currently unpacking bunch of boxes around etc... :D

Advertisement