Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gnr vr fan

Hi Karl. Thank You.

Any other questions just direct them to me. I'll try to give you info if and when I can.

Also sorry but they aren't in the office at the moment. They are working from home apparently.

And apparently a lot of the reception didn't know this because I just got kept being redirected to the Loans and Accounts section even though no one was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Noelo5

I also got approval in principle have contrats signed on a house the council where just about to request the drawdown right before the lockdown now we have to wait I'm nervous now cause me and my wife arnt working because of the virus. I hope we get the money now. Has anyone got funding during the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Anyone else got through to Wicklow CC, been trying on phone and email since 6th March to get extension.
    Now the coronavirus will push our timelines out further. Have no idea how this will play out in terms of reapplication, I'd hope we don't have to reapply.

Anyone else been able to get response?
    All I've been told is she's working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

kbman wrote: »
    Anyone else got through to Wicklow CC, been trying on phone and email since 6th March to get extension.
    Now the coronavirus will push our timelines out further. Have no idea how this will play out in terms of reapplication, I'd hope we don't have to reapply.

Anyone else been able to get response?
    All I've been told is she's working from home.

I'm in the very same boat. My initial six month approval runs out on April 18th with Wicklow Co Co. I was told that the girl who deals with extensions has been redeployed! But in my case I got as far as revenue section, and the lady there told me to email the previous department with some bank statements asking for an extension just so something is on record.
    I also hope I don't have to reapply as the 2.25% fixed would be hard to say good bye too.

Len_007 wrote: »
    I'm in the very same boat. My initial six month approval runs out on April 18th with Wicklow Co Co. I was told that the girl who deals with extensions has been redeployed! But in my case I got as far as revenue section, and the lady there told me to email the previous department with some bank statements asking for an extension just so something is on record.
    I also hope I don't have to reapply as the 2.25% fixed would be hard to say good bye too.

That's helpful, I did speak to Revenue before but not recently, extension ran out nearly a week ago, but I had the request in writing and email countless times, I just haven't provided bank statements.

I may talk to revenue and see if i'm suggested the same thing.

Thanks for that, here's hoping, fingers crosssed

• Advertisement

Can the council pull after you have signed contracts over where just waiting on funds but need to wait another 3 weeks cause of lockdown. I worried they will pull us from the deal as 2 of us lost our jobs temporary to covid 19

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

raheny red wrote: »
    The MPI payments are suppose to go down after 12 months? We're with Fingal since Feb 2019 and we're still repaying the exact amount. Anyone else in the same position or see a drop in theirs after a year? Thanks.

Does MPI reduce after 12 months across the councils? How much by? I assume its the same scheme across all councils? 100 ish a month initially? Can't recall name of provider atm but I have the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lwoods90

Hi,

We have sent in our forms to our local CC, do you wait until you get approved or can you bid on a property?

We have just missed out on a bargain of a house already in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Lwoods90 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have sent in our forms to our local CC, do you wait until you get approved or can you bid on a property?

You could bid without approval, because bids are always non-binding, but I'd be careful about getting too far down the line and having to pull out as there are definitely going to be even further delays to approvals and loans issuing than usual due to the lockdown. Maybe try give your council a call and see how they advise you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

do you wait until you get approved or can you bid on a property?

It wouldn't be unusual for an estate agent to ask for proof of funds before accepting your bid.

• Advertisement

kbman wrote: »
    That's helpful, I did speak to Revenue before but not recently, extension ran out nearly a week ago, but I had the request in writing and email countless times, I just haven't provided bank statements.

I may talk to revenue and see if i'm suggested the same thing.

Thanks for that, here's hoping, fingers crosssed

And now i'm told that she's not there until next week as they're on staggered shifts with reduced staffing.
    This will take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Graham wrote: »
    It wouldn't be unusual for an estate agent to ask for proof of funds before accepting your bid.

Isn't it usually after accepting the bid? Otherwise you're giving the estate agent info to go acting the maggot with, i.e. they can see you can go higher.

Hi,

not sure which council you're on to there.
    I was looking for extension since 6th March, the admin was on holidays before the virus hit and since has been redeployed.
    The revenue section is the other people who know our situation are on a staggered working times so it may take time to get answers with your local CC.

Like other replies, i'd be tempted to see what your council are saying to you first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

givyjoe wrote: »
    Isn't it usually after accepting the bid? Otherwise you're giving the estate agent info to go acting the maggot with, i.e. they can see you can go higher.

Generally no, it's before your bid is accepted.

You might be concerned about showing an EA the limits of your budget, they wouldn't be concerned about seeing it.

If you're paranoid, you can ask your solicitor/bank to confirm that you're good for the amount offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

cudsy1 wrote:
    Does MPI reduce after 12 months across the councils? How much by? I assume its the same scheme across all councils? 100 ish a month initially? Can't recall name of provider atm but I have the pack

Your MPI is .55% of your outstanding mortgage, and this is reviewed yearly, hence why you set up a standing order, rather than a DD, so it can be altered yearly. Only makes a difference of a few euros in your repayments. Not really anything to get too excited about.

Len_007 wrote: »

Len,

Amazed at the variety of responses.
    I wasn't told she was redeployed.
    With myself, all i got from revenue section was that i should wait for the girl who deals with extensions/applications hasn't been seen by revenue section and have to wait for her to get back to continue with extension process (whatever they need to make decision).
    I didn't send any bank statements in yet, and not sure how many we need.
    She's not really involved in that part so trying to stay out of it.

Let's hope and pray, Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kotac24

Here is the latest update i got:

"Due to the current Covid-19 National Health Emergency we will require further information from you to confirm that your circumstances have not changed since final loan approval. This information will have to be presented to the Fingal County Council credit committee for final approval.

Have your employers complete the attached salary certificates for both applicants.
    Provide a copy of both applicants most recent payslip (these must be as up to date as possible).
    Provide confirmation from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection that you are not currently in receipt of any social welfare payments by providing an up to date statement of total benefits received to date.
    Sign the attached consent to credit check declaration.

Please return all the above to us as soon as possible via email. Please ensure that all documents are a high quality scan so they are clearly legible."

Unfortunately looks like more paperwork and another evaluation, which can cause some problems for many people whose circumstances have changed in the past few weeks :/

Things seem to be moving in DCC again. I had left following up with them for a few weeks because last time I spoke to them they were just working from home and in a holding pattern of sorts. But checked in today and they should be issuing my loan pack to my solicitor next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NinjaRambo

Hi everyone. I hope that you are all staying safe and healthy in this crisis.

I have a small question regarding the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan. I was wondering, what is the main difference between this loan and a loan you can get from say AIB as a first time buyer? Can someone who is earning say, 12K a year be able to avail of the Rebuilding Ireland loan? How about someone who is on Disability Allowance.

And lastly, when it says joint application, does it have to be my wife or girlfriend or can it be anyone?

beanyb wrote: »
    Things seem to be moving in DCC again. I had left following up with them for a few weeks because last time I spoke to them they were just working from home and in a holding pattern of sorts. But checked in today and they should be issuing my loan pack to my solicitor next week.

Hey beany

Are you still working just asking cause we also waiting to get loan pack but our circumstances have change bought of us are temporary unemployed and I'm nervous it will fall true right at the last herdal

• Advertisement

Noelo5 wrote: »
    Hey beany

Are you still working just asking cause we also waiting to get loan pack but our circumstances have change bought of us are temporary unemployed and I'm nervous it will fall true right at the last herdal

I am still working, yeah. They haven't asked me for any further proof of that yet other than the standard up to date payslips I submitted back in March when I handed in forms 1, 2 and 3, but the woman who took them did ask me if my job was secure at that stage and I said it was.

I am still working, yeah. They haven't asked me for any further proof of that yet other than the standard up to date payslips I submitted back in March when I handed in forms 1, 2 and 3, but the woman who took them did ask me if my job was secure at that stage and I said it was.

Hopefully we still get in the contracts and everything is signed over so be very unlucky if they refuse us now we spent a fortune on solicitor fees and getting survey report and valuation we would be back to square one.

Hi beanyb,

What are these "forms 1, 2 and 3".
    I have gone sale agreed on a property and am waiting on a remote valuation.

Could you provide some information in relation as to what are the next steps in the process with the rebuilding ireland homeloan after going sale agreed.

Please and Thanks.

kotac24 wrote: »
    Here is the latest update i got:

"Due to the current Covid-19 National Health Emergency we will require further information from you to confirm that your circumstances have not changed since final loan approval. This information will have to be presented to the Fingal County Council credit committee for final approval.

Have your employers complete the attached salary certificates for both applicants.
    Provide a copy of both applicants most recent payslip (these must be as up to date as possible).
    Provide confirmation from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection that you are not currently in receipt of any social welfare payments by providing an up to date statement of total benefits received to date.
    Sign the attached consent to credit check declaration.

Please return all the above to us as soon as possible via email. Please ensure that all documents are a high quality scan so they are clearly legible."

Unfortunately looks like more paperwork and another evaluation, which can cause some problems for many people whose circumstances have changed in the past few weeks :/

Hi Kotac 24,

What stage are you currently at in the process. When did the council look for the above information (as this is normally supplied when applying for a rebuilding Ireland Homeloan i.e. Approval in Principle)

Could you provide some information in relation as to what are the next steps in the process with the rebuilding ireland homeloan after going sale agreed.

Please and Thanks.

gnr vr fan wrote: »
    Hi beanyb,

What are these "forms 1, 2 and 3".

Please and Thanks.

Form 1, 2 and 3 are forms with details of the property you have gone sale agreed on, solicitors info and a few other details for proceeding to full loan approval. I had to submit my survey and valuation with them and up to date payslips. I got them from DCC with my initial loan approval letter and was advised in the letter to make an appointment to hand them in once I had gone sale agreed. It may be a different process for your council. You are best off giving them a shout and asking them what you need to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pb88

Hi All!

We are currently sale agreed with DCC since early February. Our solicitor has received the contracts and we are hopefully nearing the end of the process now.

I'm just wondering does anyone know what the paragraph is that the council requires to be added to your home insurance to indemnify them from any damages? I know when I was in with DCC for our approval meeting, they mentioned this but I'm struggling to get through to the council at present.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 deedee26

pb88 wrote: »
    Hi All!

We are currently sale agreed with DCC since early February. Our solicitor has received the contracts and we are hopefully nearing the end of the process now.

I'm just wondering does anyone know what the paragraph is that the council requires to be added to your home insurance to indemnify them from any damages? I know when I was in with DCC for our approval meeting, they mentioned this but I'm struggling to get through to the council at present.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

When you arrange your house insurance you just have to ask them to note the council has an interest in the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pb88

deedee26 wrote: »
    When you arrange your house insurance you just have to ask them to note the council has an interest in the property.

That's brilliant. Thanks very much for your help. Really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

If you received the pandemic payment for a short time before resuming a permanent job would this count as a break in continuous employment ? The terms and conditions for this type of loan appears to require 2 years* permanent employment ?

• Advertisement

If you received the pandemic payment for a short time before resuming a permanent job would this count as a break in continuous employment ? The terms and conditions for this type of loan appears to require 2 weeks permanent employment ?

I doubt that would would affect you as it was the government that closed business, you should be fine

Advertisement