Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭downcow

timthumbni wrote: »
    I see Londonderry headlines the news again this morning as the partner of the wee girl murdered by Irish republicans talks about the fear and grip of the local community these people have.

Horrible city altogether. Just look at the state of the MEP ffs.

...... but the problem is some lads parading in front of a 100% unionist audience with a 3 inch purple wing on their slieve. Remarkable. They keep pointing at every little indiscretion over there by themuns in the other community and don’t say a word about their own people tearing their community apart. What’s needed is some courageous leadership in the Creggan, bogside, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

janfebmar wrote: »
    She should have resigned for dancing on the spot where the young protestant boy was murdered by Republicans, and for taking part in a parade where the same Republicans were glorified. I suppose what else fo people expect from SF.

She has been a walking liability for years. She is like a female version of wee Barry. She is the drunk uncle at a wedding, only with more Semtex.

I would not disagree with you. Parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I see Londonderry headlines the news again this morning as the partner of the wee girl murdered by Irish republicans talks about the fear and grip of the local community these people have.

Horrible city altogether. Just look at the state of the MEP ffs.

The couple who the DUP/unionism wouldn’t afford the same rights as the rest of Ireland and the Uk.

In fact they had some choice words for gay people.

downcow wrote: »
    ...... but the problem is some lads parading in front of a 100% unionist audience with a 3 inch purple wing on their slieve. Remarkable. They keep pointing at every little indiscretion over there by themuns in the other community and don’t say a word about their own people tearing their community apart. What’s needed is some courageous leadership in the Creggan, bogside, etc

I’ve said before many times that Londonderry is 8n danger of becoming like west Belfast. An anti social hell hole that will never recover. I personally think Londonderry is lost now. Horrible for the decent people there but they will have to get used to the fact.

You can only blame Bloody Sunday for so much. The rest is your own fault.

• Advertisement

The couple who the DUP/unionism wouldn’t afford the same rights as the rest of Ireland and the Uk.

I support gay marriage. Though it’s pretty insignificant in the scheme of things anyway. Though if I was gay I think I would prefer the dup being against gay marriage as opposed to Irish republicans shooting me in the head. Would you not agree?

I support gay marriage. Though it’s pretty insignificant in the scheme of things anyway. Though if I was gay I think I would prefer the dup being against gay marriage as opposed to Irish republicans shooting me in the head. Would you not agree?

Of course that killing was wrong. No one can disputes that. Political vacuums due to rights being denied lead to unstable societies. This is particularly true of the north where unionism at every opportunity whether it be gay rights/ anything Irish deny such rights even when they exist everywhere else in their beloved uk.

The upcoming cash for ash report will probably see the end of Arlene anyway which she should have done 2 years ago.

I would not disagree with you. Parasites.

The problem the resident republicans on here have downcow is that the unionists who post on here do not support or bum up the actions of loyalist terrorists. Or certainly I have not read any that do.

This is where their argument falls flat on its face as many of them do support the actions of the terrorist Ira.

It would be much easier for them to defend their stance if there were unionists who supported the I’ve for example. But alas, there are none so they continue to look like clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I’ve said before many times that Londonderry is 8n danger of becoming like west Belfast. An anti social hell hole that will never recover. I personally think Londonderry is lost now. Horrible for the decent people there but they will have to get used to the fact.

Oh Jesus Christ.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Oh Jesus Christ.

Don’t think he is to blame either. Time to look at yourself perhaps and take some responsibility. Or are the brits to blame for mass anti social behaviour 50 years later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,055 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Or a bonfire?

I object to bonfires on 'green' grounds alone blanch, what about you?

I also object to them when 'kids' are sent out to taunt and provoke at them. No matter what side are engaging in it. What about you?

Its quite interesting that, to my knowledge, every player who has crossed over from playing for NI to ROI comes from Derry. Interesting that all other nationalists choose NI. just interesting!

Who knew gays had that choice.

What a curious warped mind you have Tim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Its quite interesting that, to my knowledge, every player who has crossed over from playing for NI to ROI comes from Derry. Interesting that all other nationalists choose NI. just interesting!

Marc Wilson is from Antrim

Who knew gays had that choice.

What a curious warped mind you have Tim.

No hope for people like tim. The hate is so obviously engrained it’s frightening.

I think the reason we are going around in circles is clear in this article. Republicans and nationalists across the socio-economic range have a great vested interest in protecting the IRA. This a a really interesting read - mind you there are a few guys on here who should check first with their doctor before reading it in case it brings on some life threatening conditions

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2019/01/01/paradoxes-of-the-iras-armed-struggle/

No hope for people like tim. The hate is so obviously engrained it’s frightening.

It isn't really. Not from Tim. I think he might have had a bad night out in Derry at some point.
    A peculiar hate thing going on there.

Your knowledge is rather limited. Plenty people from all over the north will be representing the tricolour in Tokyo next year and of course our all island rugby team next month. It’s great to see when we all work together.

gwalk wrote: »
    Marc Wilson is from Antrim

I did say 'to my knowledge' because i thought there would be isolated exceptions out there

It isn't really. Not from Tim. I think he might have had a bad night out in Derry at some point.
    A peculiar hate thing going on there.

Maybe Derry city playing in the league of Ireland or James McLean/Shane Duffy drive him over the edge.

• Advertisement

Even though I support gay marriage... I think what you really mean is that you can’t stand anyone of unionist thinking. Just be honest about it.

Where I live is not like cork, pal.

Even though I support gay marriage... I think what you really mean is that you can’t stand anyone of unionist thinking. Just be honest about it.

You express hate for a whole city based on actions of a minority. That’s sad in cork Dublin Belfast or anywhere.

I believe unionism is badly led yes but outside of the north who doesn’t? The DUP are a party of protest and fear. I don’t hate anyone. Life is too short.

I think the reason we are going around in circles is clear in this article. Republicans and nationalists across the socio-economic range have a great vested interest in protecting the IRA. This a a really interesting read - mind you there are a few guys on here who should check first with their doctor before reading it in case it brings on some life threatening conditions

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2019/01/01/paradoxes-of-the-iras-armed-struggle/

That is one of my go to comedy sites. It is life threatening if you can die of laughter.
    There is hours of pleasure there reading the vitriol. The writer is a very 'balanced chap'...he has a bitter chip on both shoulders. I urge all to read and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I did say 'to my knowledge' because i thought there would be isolated exceptions out there

What is your opinion about the boxers who represent Ireland (as one) at underage levels from all over the north?

Genuine question by the way not having a go or looking to start an arguement

Don’t think he is to blame either. Time to look at yourself perhaps and take some responsibility. Or are the brits to blame for mass anti social behaviour 50 years later?
    I’m not from Derry Tim, but then again I’m not going to hold them responsible for the lack of investment, the decades of gerrymandering, the border imposed separating their city from it’s hinterland, the closed railway and general economic isolation. I think that’s something the state could possibly look at.

Nobody should make the mistake that downcow's and your own musings are 'unionist thinking'...it is 'belligerent Unionist' thinking though. Flashed through with the Orange - Never Never Never and No Surrender rantings.

armaghlad wrote: »
    I’m not from Derry Tim, but then again I’m not going to hold them responsible for the lack of investment, the decades of gerrymandering, the border imposed separating their city from it’s hinterland, the closed railway and general economic isolation. I think that’s something the state could possibly look at.

Don’t forget the university going to Coleraine. That was the bogsides fault though.

To be honest I am so glad that person moved to the roi. He is literally the most oppressed person ever and it’s not a coincidence he resembles the banjo player from deliverance.

Hates the queen but not opposed to taking the queens shilling type.

He is pretty unique though. I’m sure there are plenty of footballers from nationalist backgrounds who just go about their business as they realise that spouting republican ramblings is just a bit idiotic for a footballer playing in England.

At least it gives me a laugh though. Every time I see him on tv my mind plays the wee deliverance tune...

Your knowledge is rather limited. Plenty people from all over the north will be representing the tricolour in Tokyo next year and of course our all island rugby team next month. It’s great to see when we all work together.

Read my post again it refers to the ROI team ie football

• Advertisement

Don’t forget the university going to Coleraine. That was the bogsides fault though.
    Oh of course. Forget the second city in our wee colony, we’ll build universities in Coleraine and motorways to our failed unionist vanity project (Craigavon)

Advertisement