Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Armageddon screw you Bruce wills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Frozen. Frozen every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Jeefff

Stand By Me, when river phoenix's character dies I was a mess.. Film reminded me of my childhood

Neverending Story

Click

Loads more, but don't want to try remembering them

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

beaches , was on lately again & in floods again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

When Arnie goes down into the molten metal in Terminator 2 and gives the thumbs up. Ball like a baby every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I heard that when schindlers list was in the cinema it reduced the audiences to tears.

It is rather sad at several points however I didn't cry but came pretty close when you see the red coat of the little girl towards the end .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Life is beatiful
    Toy story 3 - cried every day for 2 wks as the kids watched it everyday when they first got it, i didnt even need to be in the room.
    About time
    UP
    first one ever was cry freedom- woke me up to SA and injustice

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

The end of Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan when Spock dies gets me every time.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.....or the one" :(

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Titanic
    Armageddon
    UP
    Toy Story 3
    Pirates of The Carribbean 3
    Knocked Up
    Lord of The Rings 3
    Saving Private Ryan (and also later on in orchestra playing 'Hymn to The Fallen and teared up so much I couldn't read the sheet music)
    Forrest Gump
    I Am Legend
    when he has to kill the dog
    Stepmom
    The Cider House Rules
    Bedknobs & Broomsticks when Mr Brown goes off to war
    Lemony Snicket
    Space Cowboys

Actually if I were to list them all it'd take all night. Clearly I'm an emotional mess. In fact my hubby has banned me from watching One Born Every Minute because I lose my sh*t when the babies are born - considering it's usually 2-3 babies per episode the cost of tissues was spiraling out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Children of Men

The sound of the baby crying, the first child born on Earth in nearly two decades, makes the rebels and soldiers stop their battle and stare in awe as Theo tries to take her safely out of the besieged building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

The ending of Philadelphia

and My sisters keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Battlestar Galactica series finale.
    Best series ending ever. And ruined every other TV show after it.
    Up there with the best of cinema in terms of characters, music, plot and themes. Like your favourite book that you never wanted to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I cry everytime someone mentions something that's not a movie in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭md23040

12 slaves
    schindlers list
    my sisters keeper

There was something very poetic and moving in the final scenes of Schindlers list with the survivors and relatives following the custom of placing stones on the grave of Oscar Schindler as a mark of respect.

It was more poignant to know that many generations now exist on the planet through his courageous actions but sad for those that didn't make it - devastatingly highlighted through the scenes of the little girl in the red coat that later was carted with other carcasses to be incinerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Marley & Me every time. I have to hug my labrador after it

Not exactly a movie but this makes me ball everytime too

Just watched it. Currently sniffing with large salty tears dripping down my cheeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 threestripes

Bambi, couldn't watch it for years again as a child, still gives a tear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Brokeback Mountain.
    Simon Birch was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen. Great flick but the end is ridiculously moving.
    Have you read the book it's based on, A Prayer For Owen Meany? /gulp :(
    The end of The Color Purple and AI got me too. Damn you Spielberg!
    The Colour Purple is one of the most depressing films I have ever seen in my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That scene at the end of Blow with the letter sent to his Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

A.I (artificial intelligence)please make him a real boy:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The ending to
    "Big Fish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Tokarev

England 'world cup 2014 edition" made me cry with laughter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My Girl.

I was 14 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

dj jarvis wrote: »
    Downfall

when that poor pensioner commits suicide at the end - gets me every time :(

Didn't see it yet......................thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Toots* wrote: »
    Clearly I'm an emotional mess. In fact my hubby has banned me from watching One Born Every Minute because I lose my sh*t when the babies are born - considering it's usually 2-3 babies per episode the cost of tissues was spiraling out of control.

I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only one!

Reading this thread has me crying. I should've stopped after page one. I'm literally on the floor rocking backwards and forwards shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Retrovin

The scene in John Q where Dezel Washington is talking to his son from the hospital just about to make the ultimate sacrifice. Quivering lip moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Oh I forgot one, the Mission. Have not seen it for a very long time, but even listening to the soundtrack / score can get me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Gallipoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Hunger with Michael Fassbender got me teary-eyed, it made me that angry :mad:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0986233/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The ending to
    "Big Fish"

FFS I'm crying just thinking about that!

Advertisement