Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has a movie ever made you cry ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Haven't cried in months as am saving them all for going to see The Fault in our Stars next weekend when my sister gets home from Scotland.

The Champ, ET and bambi are my first memories of movies making me cry. Cried in too many since to mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Witchie wrote: »
    Haven't cried in months as am saving them all for going to see The Fault in our Stars next weekend when my sister gets home from Scotland.

This movie- cried the whole way through!
    Hadn't read the book so was all new to me, It was a fan screening so everyone but me knew what was gonna happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pixar are the masters. If you can watch that Up scene without getting a lump in your throat, you're not human.
    Same goes for these 2 scenes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The end of the original "Lassie Come Home". Although I watched it recently and it did nothing to me. When did I become so hard?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

the end of the Killing Fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Terminator.

Who among us did not shed a tear when his little red eye went out in the end, and he didn't get to kill all those people?

I'm sorry. I just get so emotional. They didn't even try to help him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I never cried watching a movie because I'm a MACHO MAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Pretty much most of the weepies listed. Earliest memories were Bambi and The Champ.

But, if anyone can watch Grave of the Fireflies without crying, they're made of strong stuff. It is heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

The Peanut wrote: »
    Pretty much most of the weepies listed. Earliest memories were Bambi and The Champ.

But, if anyone can watch Grave of the Fireflies without crying, they're made of strong stuff. It is heartbreaking.

I just read the wiki plot summary again and started leaking tears remembering the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Heartbreaking, every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Borat made me cry with laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Cinema Paradiso.....................every goddamn time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

THE IMPOSSIBLE...

There were warning signs in the cinema saying it can be very disturbing.. I was like ye right..
    Well sobbed throughout the entire thing.. so did half the cinema!!! If you don't cry at that film, imho you have some serious sociopath tendencies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

12 slaves
    schindlers list
    my sisters keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Marley & Me every time. I have to hug my labrador after it

Not exactly a movie but this makes me ball everytime too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

First time I watched this video I actually cried. Even the WWE nay-sayers will feel something by the end of this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

When I was little, I had tonsilitis and was watching ET at the end, I wanted to cry so much but just didnt have the energy, I just wanted to scream, my parents thought it was hilarious, obvious heartbreak on my face but nothing to go with.

Never come close but recent tearjerkers include, Field Of Dreams, when he finally gets the courage to ask the question. Saw the time travelling one with Domhnall Gleeson recently, About Time is it? Bill Nighy's speech at the wedding and his all round performance in that is brilliant.

Actually I lie, the last time I blubbed was the intro episodes to Band of Brothers, when the veterans teared up I was done for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I bawled two nights ago at the Butler (with Oprah and Forest Whittaker,Robin Williams etc) but it sure helps when you have a bottle of wine in you!

brilliant brilliant film. i was close by onions tho

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

razorblunt wrote: »
    Actually I lie, the last time I blubbed was the intro episodes to Band of Brothers, when the veterans teared up I was done for!

Same! I was a blubbering mess watching most of the episodes. Tried my best to hide it but just couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Same! I was a blubbering mess watching most of the episodes. Tried my best to hide it but just couldn't.

Very last quote:
    "I cherish the memory of a question my grandson asked me the other day, when he said: 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said, "No. But I served in a company of heroes."

I'm an incomprehensible blubbering mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Arnie going into the molten metal in Terminator 2, and giving the little thumbs up. Cried when I first saw it as a kid, cried last month at 26 years of age watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

When Shrek and Princess Fiona embrace at the end of Shrek 1 I can't help but shed a tear.

Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Senna.
    Heart breaking stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Watership Down :(
    Scarred me emotionally for life. Just after I finished watching it and I went out to the back garden in my grannies house my uncle arrived home from hunting with some dead rabbits and started cleaning his shotgun. I don't think I knew what hate was until that moment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

terminator 2, im not even trolling very sad film, first one to make me cry.

honorable mention grave of the fireflies, i balled.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Memphis Belle when they touched down,more a release of tension than a tear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Simon Birch was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen. Great flick but the end is ridiculously moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Death of a Superhero. Not only did that movie make me cry, but I felt dead inside for weeks afterwards.
    Absolutely phenomenal movie and not half as well known as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Homeward Bound when Shadow looks like he won't be able make it out of the hole at the train track and not able get out :(:(

The documentary "Mugabe and the White African" got me teary eyed

But out of everything this BBC Hidden Panorama got me absolutely SOBBING - about abuse in a disability service..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Somethin wrong with ya if this doesnt raise a sniffle

Advertisement