Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip for buying Ryanair Flights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

lg123 wrote: »
    ahh, that may be where the problem is coming in. can i change it to GBP?

You can always create another account in GBP but I dont think changing is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I'm wanting to book flights for myself and my son (infant). The price for a one way flight is totalling exactly €50 so I'm going to buy the Ryanair Vouchers - my question is - when I buy the voucers online, do I get voucher numbers / codes that I canuse right away or do I have to wait for them to e-mail them to me or something?

Sorry if this has been answered already - I did check through the thread but I might be blind.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭throwingmuses

Only wrote: »
    I'm wanting to book flights for myself and my son (infant). The price for a one way flight is totalling exactly €50 so I'm going to buy the Ryanair Vouchers - my question is - when I buy the voucers online, do I get voucher numbers / codes that I canuse right away or do I have to wait for them to e-mail them to me or something?

Sorry if this has been answered already - I did check through the thread but I might be blind.
    Thanks!

I did this last night - flights came to €74! So I bought vouchers online, which it allocated as 1 x 25 and 1 x 50, so on the confirmation page when you've paid it will give you the voucher numbers you can copy and paste straight away to pay for the flight. The ACTUAL vouchers didn't get e-mailed to me until today by which time I had already well used them.

I'm dreading them coming up with a way of blocking this though when they know what people are at.

Brilliant! Thanks a million for the super quick reply!

Ah Lord,
    I just tried to buy the vouchers and it went to a page saying 'session blocked' and if I'm not redirected in 10 seconds to 'click here' but nothing happens when I do so now I don't know whether the purchase has gone through or not :mad:

• Advertisement

Ah Lord,
    I just tried to buy the vouchers and it went to a page saying 'session blocked' and if I'm not redirected in 10 seconds to 'click here' but nothing happens when I do so now I don't know whether the purchase has gone through or not :mad:

I actually had a bit of hassle with the site also and wasn't sure but when it did work for me it had showed '1st attempt declined' and 2nd attempted confirmed. I'd probably wait till tomorrow now if I was you to see if the voucher gets e-mailed to you or not..........annoying I know. But if you're really worried about missing particular flights I'd buy the vouchers if worst comes to worst and it went through twice you can always use them again....

I actually had a bit of hassle with the site also and wasn't sure but when it did work for me it had showed '1st attempt declined' and 2nd attempted confirmed. I'd probably wait till tomorrow now if I was you to see if the voucher gets e-mailed to you or not..........annoying I know. But if you're really worried about missing particular flights I'd buy the vouchers if worst comes to worst and it went through twice you can always use them again....

Don't know what's happening but when I tried to check the flights again it gives e the same error telling me the session is locked. ... I even tried closing it all down and openingit in a new browser but the same thing is happening so I'm not sure if it's me or if the site is just down.
    Am going to give it one last go - close all my open sites and restart my PC and then see ... isn't it just typical!

Don't know what's happening but when I tried to check the flights again it gives e the same error telling me the session is locked. ... I even tried closing it all down and openingit in a new browser but the same thing is happening so I'm not sure if it's me or if the site is just down.
    Am going to give it one last go - close all my open sites and restart my PC and then see ... isn't it just typical!

Seems to be working okay for me, hopefully when you reboot you will have some luck with it!

It's working now ... don't know what I did to cause that to happen - maybe it was because I had three ryanair browsers open at the same time:rolleyes:
    I'm going to chance leaving the booking until morning now - my head's fried and I'm liable to make a very silly mistake if I keep trying now ... fingers crossed the prices won't go up overnight and I'm not kicking myself in the am!

It's working now ... don't know what I did to cause that to happen - maybe it was because I had three ryanair browsers open at the same time:rolleyes:
    I'm going to chance leaving the booking until morning now - my head's fried and I'm liable to make a very silly mistake if I keep trying now ... fingers crossed the prices won't go up overnight and I'm not kicking myself in the am!

I'd say you'll be fine at this stage waiting till tomorrow. Time for us all to log off and get some shuteye lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

So If Im booking Flights For 10 people that comes to €5 total for example and i have a €25 voucher . It will only cost me €25 and not €5 plus credit card charge of €100

wannabepr wrote: »
    So If Im booking Flights For 10 people that comes to €5 total for example and i have a €25 voucher . It will only cost me €25 and not €5 plus credit card charge of €100

Yes that's right (if I'm picking you up right which it took me a minute to work out what you meant sorry!)

I'd say you'll be fine at this stage waiting till tomorrow. Time for us all to log off and get some shuteye lol.

Well I got it all booked - the voucher number was in my e-mail this morning so it was a good job I didn't purchase another one. The flight prices were the same as last night thankfully BUT I had trouble using one of the vouchers (I bought two because I was booking two one way flights - in and out of different airports). Anyways, the Euro one worked fine but with the £stg one it was still asking me for my credit card details even though it had recognised the voucher. I rang Ryanair and they booked the flight over the phone so it all worked out in the end.
    Thanks for your help!!!

Glad you got sorted, bit of a nightmare for you in the end!

Glad you got sorted, bit of a nightmare for you in the end!

Twas worth it to keep a few €€ out of M O'L's pocket :D... even if it did take 3 phone calls:eek: ... probably spent the savings on the phone bill though ... talk about pulling the proverbial trying to speak to a 'real' person in Ryanair ... should have known!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Ryanair Voucher T & C's change
    Looks like they've copped this. :rolleyes:
    Gift vouchers are subject to a flat-rate €5 handling fee.

Entropay as Visa Electron
    Thanks for this one. I can confirm I used it for both Ryanair and Aer Lingus and avoided the regular Visa charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I'm trying to book flight with my entro pay account but it keeps declining payment. Its set up in GBP and i transferred enough to cover the cost of my euro flights, what am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bandit883

Nice! cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

CFC007 wrote: »
    I'm trying to book flight with my entro pay account but it keeps declining payment. Its set up in GBP and i transferred enough to cover the cost of my euro flights, what am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you transferred enough to cover Entropay's exchange rate / charges?

benifa wrote: »
    Are you sure you transferred enough to cover Entropay's exchange rate / charges?

the flights were 70.20e so i transferred 71e then entropay took there fees. I presume its visa electron i pick on the ryanair page?

• Advertisement

I have 63.20 GBP to spend in my account

Ok sorted had to deposit more funds but should have had enough the first time around.

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

steve 0 wrote: »

Entropay as Visa Electron
    Thanks for this one. I can confirm I used it for both Ryanair and Aer Lingus and avoided the regular Visa charges.

i was wondering how long that would take.......

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

has anyone looked into getting the vouchers in different currencies by the way? i see they have stuff like norwegian/swedish/danish kroner and polish zloty which are worth about 18quid, and maybe the 5euro charge will only be a 5zloty charge or somethin?

good stuff on the entropay card by the way, works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ya the entropay card is awesome alright. used it the other day to book some flights and skipped thecc charged. was delighted with myself :) wonder how long it they will leave the visa electron cards free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

steve 0 wrote: »

Does anybody know when they introduced this, I bought one on Tuesday and don't know if I've been hit with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

dont want to start a new topic but anyone know when the ryan air sale for no taxes and charges coming out? Was around this time last year if I remember. Was checking online and some flights back are already €10/€15 taxes and charges so I guess it will be soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

There is a great sale on at the moment.

€16 return flights(minus CC charge)

It is doubtful the free sales will come back you can blame the government air tax of €10. They did have limited flights for €10.02 (2 cent to Ryanair) a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Is the 10euro tax already in effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Yes, since March 31st.

Advertisement