Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip for buying Ryanair Flights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Only had one bad experience with Ryanair

Last year I was flying from East Midlands to Dublin..6.35 am flight (landing at 7.35 am) and I was to catch a Ryanair flight to Cork at 11.35am. I had a good 3 hours between flights.

Now I got to East Midlands to see that flight was delayed for up to 3 hours. A part on the plane was broke and they had to fly to Dublin and back to get it repaired.

Didnt take off till 11.30 am so I missed my flight from Dublin to Cork. Now I was telling the check in girl at East Midlands that I would miss another Ryanair flight in Dublin and she told me not to worry that Ryanair in Dublin would put me on another flight to Cork at no extra cost. Great I thought.

Now of course you know what happens..got to Dublin and went to Ryanair desk to explain what had happened (bearing in mind it was completely Ryanairs fault I was delayed and fully appreciating that Ryanair were under no obligation to help me as they dont do connecting flights)

Did the girl just put me on the next flight to Cork as I had already paid for the missed one?

Like fcuk she did..

"That will be €90.00 odd quid thank you if you want to book this flight and I dont give a **** about what happened in East Midlands."

Went away and got the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

ch750536 wrote: »
    Not always, see sig

Saw your sig, and I've a question for you..

If you went on a British forum and you saw someone saying, "stop giving the Irish all your money", do you think that'd be ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

benifa wrote: »

If you went on a British forum and you saw someone saying, "stop giving the Irish all your money", do you think that'd be ok?

That sig is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Quick question about Ryanair flights, how do you know which flights don't have additional taxes/fees. For example I was looking at flights from Dublin to Prague in September. If you fly on the 7th, the flight out costs €15 total with no additional charges. ('Free Online Check-In). Any other date in September that I checked seemed to incur approximately €35 taxes/charges resulting in a total cost of €50. How does Ryanair determine these taxes and is there any way of checking which flights have the 'free online check-in'. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

conolan wrote: »
    That sig is racist.

Its not racist. Its right wing nationalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

benifa wrote: »

Take it to a PM if you have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Its not racist. Its right wing nationalist.

It is and it is stupid, pointless, ridiculous, nonsense, unrealistic - get a life.:p

Shop in Dunnes, and forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If I see any more drivel posted by ch750536, you'll get a permanent ban from this forum.

Back on topic now please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

friendface wrote: »
    How does Ryanair determine these taxes and is there any way of checking which flights have the 'free online check-in'. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this :)
    I dont think there is any way to calculate when these offers come up. I spent ages trying different Stansted <-> Cork (and Kerry) times and dates and the cheap ones just seemed to be randomly scattered around.

I recently booked return flights with no taxes etc from Stansted to Kerry for £36 all in for 3 people. 6 weeks before date of travel, cant imagine that people hadnt spotted those cheap flights before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Very difficult without an insider.

I have booked flights the day before for €1 when they were €120 a week before. The opposite has also happened.

Best to wait often though. As an example, I can fly to Liverpool in Jan for €5 total but the return is expensive. I have booked the one way as the return will be cheap later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I got return flights Cork to Dublin; then Dublin to Munich for the Beerfest for €16.80 including everything using Entropay. That works out at €4.20 per flight. Sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daves20

If a voucher is partially redeemed the remaining balance is non-refundable. is this legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Westdogg

Yup Daves20. Unfortunately it is. I had concerns and rang the National Consumer Agency about it. Apparently, as it is one of their own products, they can attach any conditions they like to it as long as this is made known to the consumer beforehand. Sounds like a complete pan of **** but you gotta take the pain when it comes to flying with Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Thanks OP!

Just booked flights for €60 total for 2 people to London and saved €20 on credit card charges!

Go Team!

Note : you do pay apx 5% to entropay tho, but €3 to entropay is much better than €20 to Ryanair especially after they ripped us off with a hand luggage charge on out last trip. Ryanair 1 - BigAl 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just tried this on Aerlingus and went as far as stage before buying and it seems to work. Has anyone else booked successfully with Aerlingus using this card. The only problem though is I was looking to book 5 flights and they were coming it at €1120 so if I have to pay Entropay 5% then this works out more than the €50 I was going to pay Aerlingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well maybe you don't use Entropay for that booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Soarer wrote: »
    Well maybe you don't use Entropay for that booking?

Well obviously not if its going to cost me more, was just curious as to whether anyone booked with Aerlingus using Entropay?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

pissed wrote: »
    was just curious as to whether anyone booked with Aerlingus using Entropay?
    I have, no issues with it.

steve 0 wrote: »
    I have, no issues with it.

Grand, I signed up, with a few probs, sorted by Entropay support. Does anyone know which airlines accept the visa electron, apart from Ryan and Aer L? Just wondering, I know I'll find out when I try to book.....but maybe I'll go for the ones who do.....

Bye, Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

BarryM wrote: »
    Grand, I signed up, with a few probs, sorted by Entropay support. Does anyone know which airlines accept the visa electron, apart from Ryan and Aer L? Just wondering, I know I'll find out when I try to book.....but maybe I'll go for the ones who do.....

Bye, Barry

AFAIK Easyjet, BA and Flybe accept it (have booked easyjet with it no problems).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

if i buy 25e ryanair voucher can it only be used on 1 flight or can I pay for 5 5e flights with it?

AFAIK Easyjet, BA and Flybe accept it (have booked easyjet with it no problems).

Thanks for that, I used Ryan and Easy to make bookings just yesterday. Ryan no prob, no cc fee. However, with Easy the entropay 'card' was rejected several times. I asked easy and they phoned me back (:eek:)to say the code I was receiving with the rejection indicated the number, cvv, etc., were fine just not authenticated. I left a message on the entropay site.

Later I re-entered easy and it all went through, no prob. I modified the entropay helpdesk message to ask why the non-authorisation, the reaction? A note on my messages saying 'resolved'!!!! I have another message 'waiting'.....

The easy person suggested that cc authentication systems often 'fail' if two requests are received in quick sucession, a possibility to avoid errors of entry. Maybe important to leave a little time between uses....??

One other small item, it doesn't seem to matter what name you enter if using entropay (the box asking for the name on the card) - there isn't one on an entropay virtual. On the various tries I made on easy I used 'entropay user' as on the card, and my own name, it didn't seem to matter, there was no reaction to the name. For the autentication that finally worked I put in my own name.

Bye, Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

To whom it may concern,

I have just used the voucher system to avoid Ryanair's credit card charges. For future readers of this thread, it still works as of date of this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bauble

Is Entropay still working? I got an email from Entropay saying the T&Cs had changed and when I logged into my account the virtual card is now a visa debit and not visa electron. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Not had to buy any flights but will check when I do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bauble wrote: »
    Is Entropay still working? I got an email from Entropay saying the T&Cs had changed and when I logged into my account the virtual card is now a visa debit and not visa electron. Has this happened to anyone else?

Never notice the name on it before but I thought that it was always as Debit bu might be wrong about that, when booking flights you should select Visa Electron as before, I think what decides what's type of card is the number itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bauble

Thanks, unfortunately I've no flights to book at the moment so can't test it. Was just curious if it was gone for future ref!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I booked a flight yesterday with entropay using it as electron and it went through with no credit card charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

I setup an entropay account today to book ryanair flights, but keeps coming up card declined :(. Selected Visa electron ,Account is in £ and starts with '410...',enough funds on card and card details input correctly (i think :)). Contacted Entropay, no reply as of yet.

Anyone else similar problems ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Mr Woods wrote: »
    I setup an entropay account today to book ryanair flights, but keeps coming up card declined :(. Selected Visa electron ,Account is in £ and starts with '410...',enough funds on card and card details input correctly (i think :)). Contacted Entropay, no reply as of yet.

Anyone else similar problems ?

I could only recommend veify the CC is active with Entropay, I know sometimes on new accounts you need to post copy of Passport, etc before you can use it.

Also verify that CCV and number are correct, for the name you just put your own name, not sureif it needs to mach main passenger.

Maybe have a few extra £ than the exchange rate shows in XE.com

Advertisement