Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Alkers wrote: »
    link? Only seeing it at 169.99
    ablelocks wrote: »
    showing at £188.49 for me - and camelx3 not showing a price drop to 157 or 169?

are ye sure it was the 15cmax that went to this price? edit - or was there a lightning deal today at some stage?

I ordered it from smiles.amazon.co.uk, which was showing up the cheaper price, but I don't know why. It's shipped today and expected to arrive on Saturday.

Definitely the 15C max. Spent a while trying to find the difference with it and the 30C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

derekbro wrote: »
    This site gives a good view of the differences. S5, S50, S55 are basically the same except for colours

https://smartrobotreviews.com/reviews/roborock-comparison-chart.html

Thanks for that...it's definitely the S5 MAX I'm looking for, with the improved programming features and mapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

D3V!L wrote: »
    I was told by Visa that they need proof from the seller that the order has been cancelled. Did you pay with a debit card ?

Nope with credit card didn't ask for proof

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

exaisle wrote: »
    Thanks for that...it's definitely the S5 MAX I'm looking for, with the improved programming features and mapping.

Where you thinking of buying the max?

td2008 wrote: »
    499 is pretty expensive.

I'm thinking about using eglobal, I've ordered a camera before with no issues.
    €328

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-roborock-s5-robot-vacuum-2-black-s55-eu-version-1.html

Did you buy this on eglobal? Any issues

Bought phones from here but not for this value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Eufy 15C Max arrived today. First clean done and it did a great job on the living area.
    Letting it charge up and I'll let it loose downstairs.

caddy16 wrote: »
    Where you thinking of buying the max?

Wherever I can find it cheapest...from a reputable retailer! ;-)

Looking like MCMARTGLOBAL on Amazon.co.uk is the cheapest at the moment, but I think at this stage I'll wait until after Christmas...

Not all S5's appear to be the MAX version....the non-MAX version appears to be a good deal cheaper but I kinda like the new features..

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Did you buy this on eglobal? Any issues

Bought phones from here but not for this value

No, I'm away for a few weeks now so going to wait until i get back , hopefully the aliexpress refund will go through in the mean time

Looking like MCMARTGLOBAL on Amazon.co.uk is the cheapest at the moment, but I think at this stage I'll wait until after Christmas...

Not all S5's appear to be the MAX version....the non-MAX version appears to be a good deal cheaper but I kinda like the new features..

Ya I'm with you on that, where does the MCMARTGLOBAL name come from???

Ya I'm with you on that, where does the MCMARTGLOBAL name come from???

I suppose somebody in China thought it was amusing....though it could be MC rather than Mc...

• Advertisement

May try again my luck with Ali Express as looking at the S5 max

Was messaging the Gshopper Lifestyle store and the max is $469 and shipped from Czech. They said they send it from Germany but set up as Czech

At least they are responding to my messages unlike the other crowd I ordered from

May bit the bullet with these but not until the New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi all, I was wondering if Roborock s50 works on 2 floors? So when it's done downstairs, can I just take the whole unit upstairs? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

kave2 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering if Roborock s50 works on 2 floors? So when it's done downstairs, can I just take the whole unit upstairs? Thanks.

The s50 can only save one map, if you bring it upstairs it will usually say, positioning failure and starts mapping the area on a temporary map and will continue to clean as normal but you won't be able to do a zone clean or set no go areas. I put it upstairs once a week and let it do its thing no problem, it stops where you left it if it can't find the charge station. My upstairs is very similar layout to downstairs though so sometimes it gets confused when brought upstairs and adds rooms to the map that don't exist but putting it back on the charge station and resetting the map sorts this but then it has to map downstairs again. So that's a bit of a pain but I've worked out where to put it now so it doesn't think it's been placed in a downstairs room which causes the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

So when it's done downstairs, can I just take the whole unit upstairs? Thanks.

Instead of s50 you are better off getting 2 cheaper robots instead, one for each floor.

The s5 max which is the newer version allows you to save multiple maps.

The s5 max which is the newer version allows you to save multiple maps.
    Wise advice it is only €500 for the piece....
    I own Roborock S50 ... I also own first version of this robot ,Xiaomi Mi robot vacuum ( made by Roborock for Xiaomi ).
    Believe me , it is much better to have 2 robots of first generation for €200 each , rather than single S5 max for €500.
    1. You have one robot on each floor with automatic cleaning schedule.. no need lifting them and carry around the house up and down.
    2. All Roborock’s robots sharing same hardware parts ( ie brush motors, battery , wheel motors ,main fan etc ) .All of these parts have a same ,limited life span(1-3 years for some parts)...it is pure logic really , let say u have to clean 100 m2 area daily ...2 robots need to clean 50 m2 each , they’d last longer,rather than one robot cleaning 100 m2..They do the cleaning twice quicker too.
    I would buy first generation of Roborock robot ( Xiaomi Mi vacuum robot ) for €200 first ... and add second robot later ( First generation /S5/S5 max ) if you need one.
    Firmware would be the main difference between generations , not a hardware part.
    ps. I had to replace main brush motor after 2 years daily 45-60 m2 cleaning( €15 DIY job) . lots of rugs though. Main brush motor same for 1st generation /s50 and I believe s50 MAX etc

alec76 wrote: »
    Wise advice it is only €500 for the piece....
    I own Roborock S50 ... I also own first version of this robot ,Xiaomi Mi robot vacuum ( made by Roborock for Xiaomi ).
    Believe me , it is much better to have 2 robots of first generation for €200 each , rather than single S5 max for €500.
    1. You have one robot on each floor with automatic cleaning schedule.. no need lifting them and carry around the house up and down.
    2. All Roborock’s robots sharing same hardware parts ( ie brush motors, battery , wheel motors ,main fan etc ) .All of these parts have a same ,limited life span(1-3 years for some parts)...it is pure logic really , let say u have to clean 100 m2 area ...2 robots need to clean 50 m2 each , they’d last longer,rather than one robot cleaning 100 m2..They do the cleaning twice quicker too.
    I would buy first generation of Roborock robot ( Xiaomi Mi vacuum robot ) for €200 first ... and add second robot later ( First generation /S5/S5 max ) if you need one.
    Firmware would be the main difference between generations , not a hardware part.

I didn't give any advice just stated a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have the original Xiaomi robot hoover, must be 2-3 years now. Battery is starting to fade a bit, it would get the main sitting room and kitchen done on a single charge.....

Not it goes back and tops up to finished. Mind you it goes out at least once a day every day since I bought it and some days 2-3 times

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I have the original Xiaomi robot hoover, must be 2-3 years now. Battery is starting to fade a bit, it would get the main sitting room and kitchen done on a single charge.....

Not it goes back and tops up to finished. Mind you it goes out at least once a day every day since I bought it and some days 2-3 times

That’s exactly what I am trying to say.. Every Li-ion battery has a life span of 500 full charge/discharge cycles before it starts to loose capacity.You can’t beat the physics...
    ps. You could buy spare battery for €40-70 though.

Did you take the plunge?

Thinking of getting the Max soon from Ali Express GShopper Lifestyle Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Got my money back today off AliExpress

So still in the market for a robot the s5 max looks good not sure it's worth the extra ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

nigwerwig wrote: »
    Got my money back today off AliExpress

So still in the market for a robot the s5 max looks good not sure it's worth the extra ?

Me too, can't say I'll be going back to order anything other than a cheap phone cover in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

D3V!L wrote: »
    Me too, can't say I'll be going back to order anything other than a cheap phone cover in the future.

Me to was on to them twice got no were, just you will have to wait. I'm happy I got the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

To throw another into the ring so to speak.

I bought the Alfawise V10 Max recently from Gearbest and have used it for about a week.

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_009195968752.html?wid=1433363

I haven't used a robot vacuum before so don't really have a comparison but I'm very happy with it.

It very accurately draws a map of the ground floor of my home
    It is very thorough and picks up almost everything (all laminate and porcelain tiles)
    You can do all the features I wanted (create zones, exclude zones, spot clean, double clean etc)

It has a mopping feature but I wouldn't say this is a replacement from normal mopping as it basically drags a wet microfiber cloth over the floor. It definitely improves the appearance but doesn't make the floor clean.

Cost me €237 shipped and took about 3 weeks. I didn't pay any customs.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    To throw another into the ring so to speak.

I bought the Alfawise V10 Max recently from Gearbest and have used it for about a week.

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_009195968752.html?wid=1433363

I haven't used a robot vacuum before so don't really have a comparison but I'm very happy with it.

It very accurately draws a map of the ground floor of my home
    It is very thorough and picks up almost everything (all laminate and porcelain tiles)
    You can do all the features I wanted (create zones, exclude zones, spot clean, double clean etc)

It has a mopping feature but I wouldn't say this is a replacement from normal mopping as it basically drags a wet microfiber cloth over the floor. It definitely improves the appearance but doesn't make the floor clean.

Cost me €237 shipped and took about 3 weeks. I didn't pay any customs.

Looks good and decent reviews.

See its Alexa enabled. Can you control it via an app and does it have room mapping

Looking at getting one and this much cheaper than max

Hi,

Yes the app is registered as an Alexa Skill so you enable the skill and it can summon the robot. I've only been able to get it to do a total clean so far but it works.

The app does store a map and it's very accurate. It meticulously maps the whole floor when sweeping and stores it. I can then set zones (sitting room, Kitchen etc) via the app and then get it to clean a specific area.

The answered questions on the gearbest site say it can store multiple maps but I havent tested that yet.

Very good and good bang for buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Hi,

Yes the app is registered as an Alexa Skill so you enable the skill and it can summon the robot. I've only been able to get it to do a total clean so far but it works.

The app does store a map and it's very accurate. It meticulously maps the whole floor when sweeping and stores it. I can then set zones (sitting room, Kitchen etc) via the app and then get it to clean a specific area.

The answered questions on the gearbest site say it can store multiple maps but I havent tested that yet.

Very good and good bang for buck.
    Are parts available for this and is the filter washable or replaceable.

Yea. You can buy the the replacement brush etc on gearbest. It comes with spare edge brushes.

Forgot to ask you about this. Doesn't do a great mopping of the floor? I was looking for one that can do decent mopping job and clean wood and tile floors downstairs

Done any more mopping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Forgot to ask you about this. Doesn't do a great mopping of the floor? I was looking for one that can do decent mopping job and clean wood and tile floors downstairs

Done any more mopping?

I don't think any of the vacuum and mopping units will do a good job of mopping unaided currently.

Usually they consist of a cloth fixed to a drip feed water tank. The tanks drips water through to keep the cloth moist at best.
    If you are willing to stop the unit and clean and moisten manually the cleaning cloth say every 10m2 then it does an ok clean. But unaided across 50m2 floor wasn't great for me (as after the first 10m2 its just dragging a moist dirty cloth around), so I stopped using it and just use the vacuum function mainly now on the S50 anyway.

Advertisement