Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

So I've waited and waited to see would the S5 drop on amazon but I think I'll just go with it as have some vouchers to use.

One of the options is £499 which states uk plug and another is £339 which says Poland service and warranty. Reviews good on both, are they the same product? Anything to be worried about going for the cheaper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

499 is pretty expensive.

I'm thinking about using eglobal, I've ordered a camera before with no issues.
    €328

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-roborock-s5-robot-vacuum-2-black-s55-eu-version-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

My AliExpress order - with seller 'GShopper' - is supposed to be delivered today (according to anpost tracking it's out for delivery). Order was placed on 5th Dec from CZ warehouse.

Here's the link to the shop: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32852322829.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148356.1.40652956ZLd14E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Just bought the Eufy 15C max. £157 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭paulbok

td2008 wrote: »
    499 is pretty expensive.

€328

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-roborock-s5-robot-vacuum-2-black-s55-eu-version-1.html

Same price €328, on the Roborock global store on Ali Express. I had mine delivered within 4 working days from the Polish store, but only Chinese or Russian store options at the moment.

• Advertisement

For those already using the S50 for mopping, does it leak water when travelling at the docking station or when say travelling across a carpet to a mopping zone?
    Trying to find a permanent location for the dock and it currently looks like in the spare room which is carpeted.
    There is a rubber mat for underneath So I guess that is in case of any drips while docked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,894 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

paulbok wrote: »
    For those already using the S50 for mopping, does it leak water when travelling at the docking station or when say travelling across a carpet to a mopping zone?
    Trying to find a permanent location for the dock and it currently looks like in the spare room which is carpeted.
    There is a rubber mat for underneath So I guess that is in case of any drips while docked.

i wouldnt have it crossing a carpet with the mop on

Cyrus wrote: »
    i wouldnt have it crossing a carpet with the mop on

Cheers, was afraid of that

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bamayang

Have the EUFY 15C MAX, using it a month now. Its main job was to clean up the hair left from a dog, its very good at that. It does get into a fair bit of bother tho. It has got caught on a few things including laptop charger, christmas lights etc. You have to have a run around the house before leaving every morning to make sure there isnt anything lying around that will annoy it. The good thing is, if it runs into bother, it just kinda gives up rather than doing any damage to itself or anything else.
    Once or twice it has also got 'lost' and not been able to find the charging station, but other than that its a very good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Alkers

Effects wrote: »
    link? Only seeing it at 169.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Got Roborock S5 delivered and put it straight to work. First impressions are good, not too loud, maps quickly and did about 20 sq meters in about 20 minutes and has no returned to dock for a recharge.

However it did get stuck on IKEA Poang chair leg - the U shaped leg is only about half inch thick but it's fairly wide, and S5 mounts it and sometimes it can roll off, but at some angles it gets stuck. Anyone else have this problem?

td2008 wrote: »
    499 is pretty expensive.

€328

It is but only going with Amazon as I have vouchers. Hoping that the one for £339 is the same apart from different plugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Alkers wrote: »

£169 is a good price. I saw it on Amazon last week for £269

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Alkers wrote: »
    Effects wrote: »

showing at £188.49 for me - and camelx3 not showing a price drop to 157 or 169?

are ye sure it was the 15cmax that went to this price? edit - or was there a lightning deal today at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Did anyone get there money back yet from AliExpress or any updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

nigwerwig wrote: »

Nope, there have been daily updates on the feedback from the seller i got mine from. Everyone saying the same, they took the money and can't be contacted.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Nope, there have been daily updates on the feedback from the seller i got mine from. Everyone saying the same, they took the money and can't be contacted.

Is there a way to get Ali express themselves to step in iv got no reply on the help center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Nope just have to wait another 24 days. Still nothing from the seller. Can't find any contact for Ali Express themselves

Nope just have to wait another 24 days. Still nothing from the seller. Can't find any contact for Ali Express themselves

Never again what a bad set up

What about your bank

Is there a way to get Ali express themselves to step in iv got no reply on the help center

If there is I haven't found it. I'm down €300 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Alkers

ablelocks wrote: »
    showing at £188.49 for me - and camelx3 not showing a price drop to 157 or 169?

are ye sure it was the 15cmax that went to this price? edit - or was there a lightning deal today at some stage?

I actually got 30c @ 169, couldn't see the 15c other than at £189

Amazon have their own brand of stuff called Amazon Basics. It started as batteries and things but they now have an Amazon Basics robotic hoover for £89.99.

Not used it, and have been in 2 minds about getting a robotic hoover. I had one before years ago, but I have so many cables on the floor it didn't save much time back then. If I come up with a permanent solution for the cables, I would consider getting the Amazon one.

Never again what a bad set up

What about your bank

Yeah ordered before from AliExpress no issues and seller responded but not on this occasion

Heard nothing from bank. They said they will recredit it back to my account and claim but no credit yet received

Just checked cc online and bank credited it back

Will hold off buying again until a genuine seller is posted here. Seen one posted earlier may try them

caddy16 wrote: »
    So I've waited and waited to see would the S5 drop on amazon but I think I'll just go with it as have some vouchers to use.

One of the options is £499 which states uk plug and another is £339 which says Poland service and warranty. Reviews good on both, are they the same product? Anything to be worried about going for the cheaper one?
    Any advice here before I take the plunge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

You'll get your money, AliExpress safe place to trade.
    Few years back bought mobile phone there , unfortunately for the seller it was lost in a transit . Got 100% refund through AliExpress dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Did you open a dispute?

Did you open a dispute?

I cancelled and now I cant open a dispute with them no option on it just option to contact seller but no reply from them. I just checked now and I can see that they have read the message but no reply from them. Status is Frozen orders

Bank have refunded me so they are chasing also for their refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

What are the differences between the Roborock S5 Max, S50 and S55?

Impossible to get a reliable housekeeper out here in the sticks....I reckon robot vac/mop will at least keep the floors clean! :-)

I'd intend ordering an S5 Max (or the equivalent) in the next few days...but just want to check any differences in models...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

exaisle wrote: »
    What are the differences between the Roborock S5 Max, S50 and S55?

Impossible to get a reliable housekeeper out here in the sticks....I reckon robot vac/mop will at least keep the floors clean! :-)

I'd intend ordering an S5 Max (or the equivalent) in the next few days...but just want to check any differences in models...

This site gives a good view of the differences. S5, S50, S55 are basically the same except for colours

https://smartrobotreviews.com/reviews/roborock-comparison-chart.html

• Advertisement

I cancelled and now I cant open a dispute with them no option on it just option to contact seller but no reply from them. I just checked now and I can see that they have read the message but no reply from them. Status is Frozen orders

Bank have refunded me so they are chasing also for their refund

I was told by Visa that they need proof from the seller that the order has been cancelled. Did you pay with a debit card ?

Advertisement