Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Garda Kenny

He can do it! First hit from Harry with the shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Luckily he wasn't pinged for tackle off the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Harry byrne finds a great touch I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I must ask, does it not rain in Ireland? The handling errors today are horrendous.

Which time?

Offside at a ruck, ball hit ospreys player and ref said play on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Bonus point, nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Good to see Leinster play decent opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dooley BP score

If Ulster beat Glasgow tmrw there is a huge gap between Leinster/Ulster and the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Harry Byrne limping off.

Hopefully not too serious. Few errors today, but played well. Think at times he was forcing the pass, but played well generally. Put his centres in good positions to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Miriam Gonzalez Durantez

Overthrow. Boll0cks

• Advertisement

Liam Turner is built like a fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Always great to see that kind of cover 10 mins to go and 19 points ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dave overtook Rob as Leinsters 6th highest try scorer with his try today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Ruddock gets MotM, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Leinster maul structures both in attack and defense look terrible , it’s what cost us the sarries game and looks like they’ve made no improvements whatsoever there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Hard to tell what it means when we have our worst performance in some time with a concussed fly half and we still beat the Ospreys by 19 away from home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Leinster maul structures both in attack and defense look terrible , it’s what cost us the sarries game and looks like they’ve made no improvements whatsoever there

In attack??
    Its been one of Leinsters most potent platforms for 2 to 3 seasons

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hard to tell what it means when we have our worst performance in some time with a concussed fly half and we still beat the Ospreys by 19 away from home.

It means Ospreys are dung, but it's not a new thing.

In attack??
    Its been one of Leinsters most potent platforms for 2 to 3 seasons

Against Sarries they waded through our weak set ups like water , I don’t care if we maul over zebre at home against the best teams it gets splintered so easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

It means Ospreys are dung, but it's not a new thing.

I thought their pack looked decent on paper, could have at least matched us if they had a good game.

I think it was around the 70th minute, when the Ospreys had been camped in our 22 for ages, just trucking it up against Leinster's clearly superior pack while ignoring our ramshackle backline. And when they did go wide, they just put it through the hands and got tackled into touch. Genuinely unsure that the Ospreys have an attack coach at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Surely the scrum penalties were the bigger issue against Saracens?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Dave overtook Rob as Leinsters 6th highest try scorer with his try today.

Was wondering why he looked like he was going to cry after it.

aloooof wrote: »
    Surely the scrum penalties were the bigger issue against Saracens?

Even with the scrum penalties we still had crucial lineouts and mauls stolen which still could’ve won the game for us despite getting minced in the scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Decent outing overall against a pretty stubborn Ospreys side. Bench was good this week. Closed out the game well as we stopped chasing after the 4th try.

We seemed a bit fatigued. Not sure if the Monday game threw us off. We still had a 6 day turnaround.

The pitched looked extremely heavy. The ball just didn't want to bounce on it. Could have been a factor.

Ross Molony was very good today. Carried more effectively than I have seen of him in a long time. Very busy at ruck time too. He can be pleased with his performance.

Milne looked a bit vulnerable at scrum time. But it also looked like the Ospreys were really targeting him. Solid first start for him.

Rhys had a borderline carbon copy of his game last against Glasgow. Very impressive physical showing. Again a deserved POTM.

Penny was very impressive again. Extremely hungry for work. Tackled all day long and hit his rucks. Technically excellent player. Thought his card was harsh tbh. Ospreys just needed to roll over to put the ball down to score. Yes he was illegal but I don't think he prevented the try. Especially when Ospreys gave away about 4 penalties in a row before Tracys try.

Feel extremely bad for Tommy O'Brien. He didn't look in good shape coming off. Foot just got caught under the Ospreys player. It's a testament to his attitude that he was chasing a lost ball as he had just knocked it on. Makes the injury all the more frustrating as it was ultimately unnecessary.

Dave took his try very well but he hasn't really been overly present in the last 2 games. Not a huge amount has come his way. I just would like to see him getting more involved.

Good to have a player like Jimmy in the backfield. He displays a real level head and maturity there. Prone to making the right decision at the right time and his left peg is an asset we have benefitted from the last few weeks.

Sheehan unfortunately backed up a 100% record from touch on Monday with a very yippy performance. 25% return. 2 overthrows and one in too early. Good carrying though. Great to see him stand up and take a 5m tap and go.

Parker looks like he might be a good find. Quietly effective. Hits his rucks, tackles his man, packs down his side of the scrum.

These 2 weeks could have tripped us up but ultimately we have 10 points from 2 away games which is all you can ask for. We've yet to get anything less than a TBP from our 5 games thus far. A nice 8 day gap to our next game against Edinburgh at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Miriam Gonzalez Durantez

One things for sure, when the South African teams are brought in we won’t get away with fielding B and C teams. They will get trashed. Good for the League but possibly not so good for player development.

I was thinking that we will have players playing at consistently higher level against bigger more skilful players. It will bode well for us preparing for the England’s and the Saracens at the business end of the season.

Not so good for the aspiring academy recruits who might get harsh lessons taught them or worse still ship long term or career ending injuries before they get a decent chance to showcase themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

It's hard to be critical of Leinster. As TG4 put it " obair agus laidir". It was just a functional game today and Leinster do what they do best. It's a credit to them that even when the game is just ordinary they take all the points

I did enjoy the Mike Ruddock vs Rhys Ruddock moments in the commentary��

And as for Rhys Ruddock for Ireland, it's just another call that most won't understand. And I would be one of those. But clearly there is a reason. As Thomond2006 would say they are unclean in the eye of the beholder. And that is all that matters

• Advertisement

I wince a bit watching Leavy bury himself into ruck He's obviously comfortable enough to do so but still.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement