Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rizzle__

2011 wrote: »
    Your heath is assessed by a medic / doctor :)

But do you have to pee in a cup go for a run or is it just eye and general health test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AshleighClaire

Rizzle__ wrote: »
    But do you have to pee in a cup go for a run or is it just eye and general health test ?

Pee in a cup for drug test, eye test, height and weight, have to do a breathing test, ear test, colour blind test and then the doctor checks you over like your hands, spine etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dnk123

Rizzle__ wrote: »
    What happens in the medical can anyone tell me ?

Drug test (urine), Hearing, Lungs, Eye sight (colour vision/reading) then just a physical by the doctor checks you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andrewae86

Had interview in Limerick in June, went to Cork for aptitude test on Monday, no sign of a call for a medical, anybody in the same boat? Andybody know what my chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kiki88

andrewae86 wrote: »
    Had interview in Limerick in June, went to Cork for aptitude test on Monday, no sign of a call for a medical, anybody in the same boat? Andybody know what my chances are?
    I'm the same as u.! Either we both didn't get it or they still haven't gotten back to people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

I had my medical last Thursday, it was soooo thorough! Any idea how long it takes to hear after that??

FaintBum wrote: »
    I had my medical last Thursday, it was soooo thorough! Any idea how long it takes to hear after that??

Me to. Id say you'll be told yes or no in the next 2 weeks. Training meant to start in september i think

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jsno122

Anyone have a medical or get called for one from cork thanks

I had my interview 1st July no aptitude afterwords still didn't hear anything from cork? Anyone else the same

Anyone who resat the aptitude test in Sligo hear back for a medical ? Also for anyone who did re-sit a test and then Get called for a medical how long before you heard back about the medical after the test ?

• Advertisement

It was about a month before I head about the medical! Has anyone been made any offers yet?

It was about a month before I head about the medical! Has anyone been made any offers yet?

Did you have to re-sit your test or did you do it after the interview ?

I redid one section of the aptitude test immediately after the interview.

I redid one section of the aptitude test immediately after the interview.

And did you just do you medical lately ? That sounds about right I'm hoping to hear some time this week and then offers in the next 2 weeks as they need to give 2 weeks notice or that before starting with the esb

Are you still awaiting a medical appointment? Make sure you don't take any drugs as they test your urine. If you're a shmoker then game over because I think that shtuff stays in your system for about 3 weeks.

I did my medical on Thursday gone. Any idea how long the average wait is after the medical?

Anyone from cork here anything after interview

Are you still awaiting a medical appointment? Make sure you don't take any drugs as they test your urine. If you're a shmoker then game over because I think that shtuff stays in your system for about 3 weeks.

I did my medical on Thursday gone. Any idea how long the average wait is after the medical?

Ya still waiting did the test last Tuesday so not to worried yet, I did smoke but I've heard a lot of things like 11 days is loads I've been off it nearly 2 weeks and I'll be off it 3-4 before I have to do the medical so I'll be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jason.1212

Anyone who done an interview in Dublin get a call for the medical? Resat the aptitude but no call for medical..

jason.1212 wrote: »
    Anyone who done an interview in Dublin get a call for the medical? Resat the aptitude but no call for medical..

Yeah I did my medical last week. Did my aptitude test right after my interview didn't have to come back to do it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jason.1212

dnk123 wrote: »
    Yeah I did my medical last week. Did my aptitude test right after my interview didn't have to come back to do it aswell.
    I was told they wouldn't be getting back to me until mid august .. could be done something to do with where your from and where you will possibly be based? What part of the country are you from??

• Advertisement

jason.1212 wrote: »
    I was told they wouldn't be getting back to me until mid august .. could be done something to do with where your from and where you will possibly be based? What part of the country are you from??

I'm from Wicklow you? I don't know could just been timing that you done it. It seemed to me most people who done the interview in Dublin did the aptitude test after the interview and are getting called for the medical.

I'd say you'll be called in the next week or two since they told you mid august.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 anpuca

Did my interview in athlone and didn't have any correspondence with them since the interview on July 6th? Anyone in same boat.?

They seem to be very quick corresponding in Dublin but a bit messier in other areas.. I wouldn't worry yet, I'm sure they'd be in touch even if it's to say no so hang in there.

anpuca wrote: »
    Did my interview in athlone and didn't have any correspondence with them since the interview on July 6th? Anyone in same boat.?

I'm the same I did mine in the 1st July in cork and herd nothing back yet.hopefully there's still a chance for us.

Got a call for a medical earlier on today for Thursday, was getting worried

andrewae86 wrote: »
    Got a call for a medical earlier on today for Thursday, was getting worried

Were are you from???

Great news! Has anyone had any official offers yet?

jsno122 wrote: »
    Were are you from???

Galway, had my interview in Limerick amd aptitude test in Cork, been on the road a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kiki88

If you are lucky enough to get offered and apprenticeship. Will you be kept on after its finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement