Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

Ive to resit an element of the aptitude test monday? Anyone know is it just one section of the 5 i have to do like the 2 and 3d shapes for example or logical reasoning etc

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Im the same have to resit aptitude test Monday, anyone know why we have to? Strange some resit and others on to medical.

Very strange, you would think they could do that from the online tests. I would understand it if they done it after the interviews to insure no one had help with them before they offer the medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mccartney11

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Usually the medical is the final hurdle. If you pass the medical your in. Well done to all. Welcome to the board

Not necessarily, i got a medical last year and passed everything and still didn't get accepted along with many others

EletricMan wrote: »
    Im the same have to resit aptitude test Monday, anyone know why we have to? Strange some resit and others on to medical.

Did you have to do a part of it right after the interview?

Did you have to do a part of it right after the interview?

No nothing, just the interview that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AshleighClaire

EletricMan wrote: »
    No nothing, just the interview that's all.

That's probably why you have sit the aptitude, I had to do one part of the aptitude straight after my interview it was only the reading instructions one :)

That's probably why you have sit the aptitude, I had to do one part of the aptitude straight after my interview it was only the reading instructions one :)

Same as myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

Did anyone who did interview in limerick sit test after their interview

milly2013 wrote: »
    Did anyone who did interview in limerick sit test after their interview

Id my interview in the absolute in limerick. At the end of the interview they said there may be an element of the aptitude test i may have to resit at a later date and then got the phone call 2 weeks later telling me when and where its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 milly2013

ktow14 wrote: »
    Id my interview in the absolute in limerick. At the end of the interview they said there may be an element of the aptitude test i may have to resit at a later date and then got the phone call 2 weeks later telling me when and where its on.

Yeah I had my interview in the absolute on 8th July and didn't have an aptitude test after. Heard nothing since so not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rizzle__

I did my interview in athlone a few weeks ago on a Friday and got a call the Wednesday the following week to go sit the aptitude test tomorrow in Sligo, I asked a guy who did the interview before me and he didn't sit the apptitude test that day either it's all completely random so no one can really say just do the best you can and try not to worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niall181

got the call for the medical there today

niall181 wrote: »
    got the call for the medical there today

Good news! When did you reist the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dnk123

Just wondering would anyone have any idea of how many people will be going for the medicals and how do they decide who gets picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niall181

ktow14 wrote: »
    Good news! When did you reist the aptitude test?

got todo it straight after the interview luckly enough !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 anpuca

Did my interview in athlone the first week of july. Was in there for 50 mins to an hour. Didn't get asked to resit the apptitude test and have not been called for a medical. Anyone in the same situation? Just think its unusual as the interview went well also the aptitude and I have an engineering degree already. They told me on the day I might not hear anything until the second week of August

• Advertisement

also did they make contact with anyone's references?

I did the interview same place and around same time as you, did the aptitude test yesterday I wouldn't worry about it with your degree I'm sure you'll get a call this week or next week for the medical if not straight into the esb

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Djg55

Have interviews and medicals been done in Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dnk123

Djg55 wrote: »
    Have interviews and medicals been done in Dublin area?

Yeah I had my interview back in june and medical this week!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

anpuca wrote: »
    Did my interview in athlone the first week of july. Was in there for 50 mins to an hour. Didn't get asked to resit the apptitude test and have not been called for a medical. Anyone in the same situation? Just think its unusual as the interview went well also the aptitude and I have an engineering degree already. They told me on the day I might not hear anything until the second week of August

The degree may work against you.
    Hard to know, will be interesting to see.

2011 wrote: »
    The degree may work against you.
    Hard to know, will be interesting to see.

Really? Thought it would work in my favour. Oh well..off to ozz I go!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

anpuca wrote: »
    Really? Thought it would work in my favour. Oh well..off to ozz I go!!

Don't worry I'm not on the interview panel 😀

If I was I might put me off someone who graduates from an engineering degree and wants to become an apprentice at a time when the ESB sponsor apprentices to do the reverse. Anyway seeing as though they talked to you for so long it may be a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kiki88

Any one that did an interview in cork get called for medical. If so when did u do your interview

What happens in the medical can anyone tell me ?

• Advertisement

Rizzle__ wrote: »
    What happens in the medical can anyone tell me ?

Your heath is assessed by a medic / doctor :)

Advertisement