Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone dealing with Ballymore on the Help To Buy scheme?

At the moment, Ballymore aren't on the list of contractors that accept the HTB scheme so its not applicable to the RCP properties - at least not right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Hey All,
    Can you please pm me the details of who you used for snagging and your Solicitor?
    Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

slayerking wrote: »
    At the moment, Ballymore aren't on the list of contractors that accept the HTB scheme so its not applicable to the RCP properties - at least not right now.

They have applied I'm told. I've also made my application to Revenue so I'll keep ye updated.

Manion wrote: »
    I looked back through my emails and can see the prices for these are the same as when they were released. They are substantially more expensive than the phase 2 houses though. I suppose that's to be expected as the development matures people are taking less of a risk and demand is more focused.

Well the phase 1 Heron's all faced directly into apartment blocks from what I remember so I think that was always going to see them getting a discount. Not sure about the rest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Well the phase 1 Heron's all faced directly into apartment blocks from what I remember so I think that was always going to see them getting a discount. Not sure about the rest though.

Generally phase 1 in any new development will be priced slightly below market rate to encourage people to take a gamble and to generate some buzz around the development.

People buying in later phases can see more of the finished development and feel secure in the knowledge that they're not the only ones buying in. Their risk is lower so the price is higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

They have applied I'm told. I've also made my application to Revenue so I'll keep ye updated.

Funny enough, they've just appeared on the list now... :)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html#section5

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Two quick questions, if I may:

1. Does anyone have any experience with an indoors aerial? How's the signal? We have to pay the TV license regardless whether we have the TV connected or not, so I figured we may try to get some value out of it, without much extra cost.

2. Are there any glass recycling bins in the area? The nearest we found so far are down Ballybogan road, and those are a little too inconvenient for walking with bags full of glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

Hi,

I'll be moving to RCP in April, I was wondering if I could get some recommendation from someone that already went through the same process and have had good experiences

Flooring + fitter (laminate or tiles)
    Snagger
    Home insurance (as it may be too close to the canal)
    Furniture (NI worthy?)

If you could pm me, I would be truly appreciated

OrdeP wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll be moving to RCP in April, I was wondering if I could get some recommendation from someone that already went through the same process and have had good experiences

Flooring + fitter (laminate or tiles)
    Snagger
    Home insurance (as it may be too close to the canal)
    Furniture (NI worthy?)

If you could pm me, I would be truly appreciated

I'd be interested in hearing all of this also. :) If you can send it on. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Anyone manage to get a shed, even a small one into the back yard.
    The terraced house back gardens look to be landlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

I'd be interested in hearing all of this also. :) If you can send it on. Thank you.

I'd also be very interested in a recommendation for a snagger if anyone has had a good experience. PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

Haven't done it ourselves but I can see people with sheds and no side gate out my back window.

I think you can buy packed ones that you can build. Not certain. But I'd guess that's how it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Argos might have some.

From reading the thread, it seems a lot of people Bought houses here before they were built.

Now however they only seem to sell houses that are almost ready, in small numbers, announcing the release a few days beforehand.

Is it a case that if I am Mortgage approved and know what house I want, I can put a deposit down on a house that's not yet built or has that ship sailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

I would be interested in this too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

From reading the thread, it seems a lot of people Bought houses here before they were built.

Now however they only seem to sell houses that are almost ready, in small numbers, announcing the release a few days beforehand.

Is it a case that if I am Mortgage approved and know what house I want, I can put a deposit down on a house that's not yet built or has that ship sailed?

All the houses are being sold off the plans.
    It seems some of the houses still available came back on the market due to sale not completing or were not sold right away for some reason.

The majority of the houses in the development are large and fairly expensive so they sell at a slower pace than the less expensive houses.
    This seems not unusual in new developments.

All the houses are being sold off the plans.
    It seems some of the houses still available came back on the market due to sale not completing or were not sold right away for some reason.

The majority of the houses in the development are large and fairly expensive so they sell at a slower pace than the less expensive houses.
    This seems not unusual in new developments.

Good info, thanks. Who would I contact about buying off the plans?

Any time I talk to sherry Fitz or ballymoe, the just tell me that the next release is comming soon, but have no other info.

Good info, thanks. Who would I contact about buying off the plans?

Any time I talk to sherry Fitz or ballymoe, the just tell me that the next release is comming soon, but have no other info.

So I rang ballymoe and they said I can only buy as the houses are released. There's no way I can buy off the plans, so only option is the whole rig marole of turning up and queueing on launch day.

Lovely houses but very poor organization surrounding the selling process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

So I rang ballymoe and they said I can only buy as the houses are released. There's no way I can buy off the plans, so only option is the whole rig marole of turning up and queueing on launch day.

Hi you are buying off the plans. The ones nearing completion are sold.

• Advertisement

Manion wrote: »
    Hi you are buying off the plans. The ones nearing completion are sold.

Exactly. You don't queue to buy already completed houses. You queue to buy off plans.

Exactly. You don't queue to buy already completed houses. You queue to buy off plans.

That's the thing tho, I asked how do I go about buying off plans, putting down deposit for a house that is not yet built and he said I can't. I can only buy whats released in each phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think you are confused
    They do not start building them till they release them , it is several months from when they release and you can buy that they are built and you can move in .
    On the day they release for sale you will have to queue , if this was not the case they would most likely be already all sold and you would be to late to the party

makes sense, thanks for explaining!

does that mean the few houses left from phase 2 are one that buyers pulled out of?

does that mean the few houses left from phase 2 are one that buyers pulled out of?

Pulled out of or returned by the council.

so theres not necessarily anything wrong with them?
    Why would the council return houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Good news, everybody. Either Tom had a New Year resolution, or the procedures at Ballymore have changed. Either way, I e-mailed Tom yesterday about an issue we reported multiple times (a door latch that was missed in snagging), and a new issue he didn't know about yet (leaking shower). By this morning, we had Jason at the door inspecting the issues, and by evening both things were fixed. Judging by the formal e-mail reply from To, I assume it's a procedural change, to the better. I expect others to experience much faster response to their concerns now.

(Regarding the leaking extractor fan, I was told to make a video of it leaking and note the weather conditions when it happens. If it leaks during warm weather, the builders may need to erect a scaffolding to get to the roof and fix the vent, which may be too expensive to do based on an owner's say-so. I think that;s only fair, but I'm ready with my camera.)

so theres not necessarily anything wrong with them?
    Why would the council return houses?

All developments have to hold back a % and offer to the council but they regularly turn down as not suitable(too big etc) or too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Does anyone know what the work on the canal is about ?

Phase 2 was nearly a year ago, your onto phase 4 now. Those houses are all from the most recent phase. As others have said you're looking at 9 months from signing to the house being ready from snagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

It looks like the council has opted to take the apartments for social housing and only 2 other houses that are not on bridge avenue.

Advertisement