Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Orion wrote: »
    And more expensive and less frequent.

Both more easily fixable than extending city buses to an outer outer suburb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

the 66 used to go to Kilcock. And now Kilcock has grown considerably.

You could say the same (and it probably was said years ago) about Maynooth.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

About three services a day went to Kilcock. Returning that level of service would be useless now that the 115 exists at its current level of service. Maynooth was always served with city buses; so that argument never existed.

Extending all 66s to Kilcock would add massively to the peak vehicle requirement on the route - even only going to the centre of Kilcock is adding 9km running distance (~9 minutes at top speed; but with limits its more like 11; and with stops could be 20+); which would probably require a quarter more buses and drivers to operate a peak. All to provide a poor service; and leave part of Maynooth with no service. You could start splitting the services up but that results in two poor services and confusion all round.

The same number of additional vehicles and drivers being put on the 115 would deliver a vastly better service - end to end runtime of the 115 is a fraction of the 66 so more trips can be made with the same equipment and staff. More 115s and a better train service - hard to achieve without track doubling but there are slots where Maynooth trains could be extended - pisses all over extending the 66 as an idea.

And yes, most local politicians do make the same suggestion - its the Luas one that's the special lunacy from the least suitable politician Kildare North has ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

L1011 wrote: »
    Both more easily fixable than extending city buses to an outer outer suburb

And they won’t be fixed, as stated by the NTA many times. I’d rather be capped at 20€ on a Dublin bus service each week like everyone else in comparable towns than that abysmal commuter coach service which is about 70€ per week (With no caps, and isn’t integrated into the system and never will be).

Also DART/electrification won’t be coming to Naas, as stated by the NTA.

I’m not defending her, but Naas’ transport infrastructure is worse than any commuter town of its size and distance from the city. People who actually use the incompetent commuter coaches would far prefer a Dublin Bus like Greystones, Maynooth, Celbridge, Blessington, Bray, etc.

Cap for DB is something like 33.50, not 20.

She's pushing for Luas - barely faster than DB, albeit much higher capacity to Naas.... that shows the incompetent level of knowledge being shown.

Dublin Bus to Naas would take about two and a half hours each way. The buses are limited to 65km/h. There is nothing other than ambition stopping a reduced price and vastly superior service by coach as well as integration to the Dublin cap system. Calling for a crap service to be extended instead of fixing a better one is ridiculous

Cronin is the least competent and least suited person to ever get elected as a TD in this constituency - there really is no defence possible there and I'm amazed at some of the attempted defences that other posters have tried here. She was resoundingly rejected as a Councillor due to her (lack of) service as one; and got in on a national shrug.

Contact your competent local reps - Murphy, Lawless, Durkan in that order of competence tbh - about the pricing/scheduling issues for Naas/Kilcock. Naas is already in the Dublin train pricing zone so extending that for bus is entirely logical.

• Advertisement

Cap for DB is something like 33.50, not 20.

She's pushing for Luas - barely faster than DB, albeit much higher capacity to Naas.... that shows the incompetent level of knowledge being shown.

Dublin Bus to Naas would take about two and a half hours each way. The buses are limited to 65km/h. There is nothing other than ambition stopping a reduced price and vastly superior service by coach as well as integration to the Dublin cap system. Calling for a crap service to be extended instead of fixing a better one is ridiculous

Cronin is the least competent and least suited person to ever get elected as a TD in this constituency - there really is no defence possible there and I'm amazed at some of the attempted defences that other posters have tried here. She was resoundingly rejected as a Councillor due to her (lack of) service as one; and got in on a national shrug.

Contact your competent local reps - Murphy, Lawless, Durkan in that order of competence tbh - about the pricing/scheduling issues for Naas/Kilcock. Naas is already in the Dublin train pricing zone so extending that for bus is entirely logical.
    Oh sorry, 27,50€ per week cap on Dublin bus. I’m a student so it’s 20€, my mistake. 27€ is still more than half of the 70€+ you’d be paying using the “commuter coaches”. I know all about this because I used them for years. For the final year of my degree, I bought a car to save me money and time cause the transport was too expensive for what you’re getting. 70€ to UCD every week, no thanks.

The buses are limited to 65km/h, yes. Are the people of Maynooth and Greystones complaining? Do you see people from Greystones flocking to the Wicklow commuter coach service? Nope. I have used the commuter Bus Eireann service so many times and a Bus Eireann city bus showed up, and it was still in Naas in under an hour. Dunno where you’re getting the 2.5 hours from. 84X is an interesting route, goes way way further than Naas distance. I never quite got why city buses are suited to go galavanting around the Wicklow mountains (184, 183, 65, etc) yet they are not suited for the N7 corridor. They are suited to literally every other town of equal size/distance on the commuter belt, not Naas.

I (and many I know) have contacted all the TD’s and the NTA. They said that it’s not in the Dublin bus network so there’s nothing that can be done. So you can get from Ballyknockan in the middle of the Wicklow mountains for cheaper than Naas. Lovely. The NTA and the TD’s don’t care. If the 126 was integrated into the Dublin bus network fare, great. It still wouldn’t be reliable, it still wouldn’t arrive on time, but at least it would be affordable.

I’m sorry if I come off as aggressive, but I hate when people try to defend the abysmal transport in Naas. Fine, it’s crap, I accept that but then at least make it the same price of equivalent sized/distance towns. Having slaved away at this transport system for college, it has honestly made me drop out at times. And then seeing my friends from Maynooth or Bray (theoretically newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle, balbriggan, etc) being capped at 20€ is just SO frustrating you have no idea. Like why are all these random places (Balbriggan, Newcastle, co. Wicklow, Ballymore Eustace) further from the city on the Dublin bus network but not Naas which is 30km from the city and a way larger population? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Never has. Never will. Not worth double/tripple price increase.

I was never trying to defend transport in Naas. Step waaaaaay back if you thought so, and read again.

Plenty of people in Maynooth and Greystones complain about the speed of the DB buses, and use rail as an alternative - that's where the people of Greystones go. Both would be delighted with suitably priced coaches.

I'm getting the 2.5h from the actual runtime of equivalent distance routes - I didn't just make it up. The long distance DB routes in to the mountains are a relic of the old tramway firms - not a suggestion that having city buses doing such routes is a good idea. A BE city bus with belts is allowed go full speed - any bus without belts going over 65km/h was breaking the law and is a usless comparator.

Contacting the NTA does nothing. Contact actually useful local representatives. If they give a simplistic response, push back and push hard. Pointless long term "local representatives" across all parties have convinced many with dated, stupid responses. The most realistic option for Naas is a change to fare bands, which the NTA alone can't decide.

An awful politician soundbiting about Luas - slower than any coach; or demanding slow city buses - to outer suburbs does you worse than
    nothing. They damage the argument with nonsense.

"Dublin Bus to Naas! or Dublin Bus to Kilcock! is ill-informed nonsense from a populist politician and nothing better.

I was never trying to defend transport in Naas. Step waaaaaay back if you thought so, and read again.

Plenty of people in Maynooth and Greystones complain about the speed of the DB buses, and use rail as an alternative - that's where the people of Greystones go. Both would be delighted with suitably priced coaches.

I'm getting the 2.5h from the actual runtime of equivalent distance routes - I didn't just make it up. The long distance DB routes in to the mountains are a relic of the old tramway firms - not a suggestion that having city buses doing such routes is a good idea. The "faster"DB buses you've got are either belted or breaking the law.

Contacting the NTA does nothing. Contact actually useful local representatives. If they give a simplistic response, push back and push hard. Pointless long term "local representatives" across all parties have convinced many of them of dated, stupid responses.

An awful politician soundbiting about Luas - slower than any coach - to outer suburbs does you worse than nothing. They damage the argument with nonsense.
    My point is I have contacted and pushed back, as have many I know because people are fed up here. They don’t care. The only one that cares is Catherine Murphy who sees the need for DART to Naas, but has parroted the same that Dublin Bus prices are Dublin Bus prices and commuter coach prices are that way cause they’re not on the Dublin bus network. Every single TD says that over and over and over. Hence my argument, put a Dublin Bus in the area, which would cause the prices to suddenly drop, and the private operators would also have to drop their prices too as a result of that so people can have normal bus prices in the area.

Tomrota wrote: »
    My point is I have contacted and pushed back, as have many I know because people are fed up here. They don’t care. The only one that cares is Catherine Murphy who sees the need for DART to Naas, but has parroted the same that Dublin Bus prices are Dublin Bus prices and commuter coach prices are that way cause they’re not on the Dublin bus network. Every single TD says that over and over and over. Hence my argument, put a Dublin Bus in the area, which would cause the prices to suddenly drop, and the private operators would also have to drop their prices too as a result of that so people can have normal bus prices in the area.

So Catherine Murphy doesn't understand your argument. Not much use to get a useless response.

Do you actually want two and a half hour journey times in to the city? Because that's what you'll get with Dublin Bus

Addtionally, Dublin Bus to Naas would probably be a 4.50+ fare - are you OK with that? DB are not inherently cheaper.

You do not understand how fares are determined, not even vaguely.

What you want seem to want is the state to pour a pile of subsidy on to the Naas-Dublin route. If they're going to do that, you should want it to be via subsidising coaches not subsiding double decker city buses

So Catherine Murphy doesn't understand your argument. Not much use to get a useless response.

Do you actually want two and a half hour journey times in to the city? Because that's what you'll get with Dublin Bus

Addtionally, Dublin Bus to Naas would probably be a 4.50+ fare - are you OK with that? DB are not inherently cheaper.

You do not understand how fares are determined, not even vaguely.

What you want seem to want is the state to pour a pile of subsidy on to the Naas-Dublin route. If they're going to do that, you should want it to be via subsidising coaches not subsiding double decker city buses
    What I want is the LEAP cap, the LEAP 90 discount, and the use of a rambler ticket like every other student I know who’s fortunate not to live in Naas. So yes, I would prefer that than paying my entire weekend’s paycheque from work on bus fares because of the technicality that “it’s not in the Dublin bus network”. It would allow so many more students in Naas to go to UCD and DCU, and open so many doors for them. I know a guy who dropped out of UCD due to transport costs. I don’t think you realise how costly the fares are from Naas due to lack of capping or transfer ability. I’ve been charged 5€ to go from Naas North to Naas South on the bus, when you complain they hand you the Go-Ahead customer care card. Lovely transport system. Literally costs the Dublin Bus cap to travel 4 kilometres.

I could type all night and tell you so many other stories about how bad the system is. My point is that the politicians don’t care because they parrot every excuse not to change it, they say the law would have to be changed in order to change the fares cause Naas is Bus Eireann territory. I know of at 20-30 people who have contacted TD’s about it. For years I have seen petitions on Facebook about the need to complain to TD’s, etc. Nothing has changed and nothing will change.

I keep being told it is not in the Dublin bus network, hence we should have no caps, LEAP integration or a just fare. And now, years later, I have come to the conclusion that it’s the only way to get the fares to change. I know a Dublin Bus or a Luas would be slow and inefficient compared to a commuter coach, but that’s not the point. It’s about expanding the transport network that works for everyone at a reasonable cost. It currently doesn’t work for everyone, and that is evident from the lack of bus usage. When you compare bus usage stats in Naas to smaller towns like Greystones, it has less usage. How does that make sense?

How does it make sense to charge someone from Naas to Blanch 12€ return journey on a city bus? Can you please explain that to me. Could you also explain why the 184 benefits from Dublin City bus prices, and doesn’t enter county Dublin also?

Could you point out specifically about what I don’t understand about fare determinations?

• Advertisement

Leap90 etc can be extended to BE/GAI buses for less cost, effort and disruption than providing slow city buses to a town that's far too far out to be served with slow city buses.

It would cost a massive amount in subsidy, which is why there is a limit to how far its offered and that appears to what you aren't understanding. Its not operation by Dublin Bus that determines where it goes to; its a decision by the NTA. DB legacy routes from the steam tram era (All the Wicklow hills ones) are not really relevant here.

You are basically chasing the crap option (city buses) not the proper option (extension of Leap90 and the GDA fare areas to BE/GAI). There is zero guarantee that DB would actually charge GDA fares if service was introduced to Naas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

City Buses in Naas this morning. They are more than ideal for the the Naas/Sallins area.

73-FABFEE-B73-C-44-DD-A2-BB-1-EE2-F4-C2-DAAB.png

For going between Naas and Sallins, yes.

They are completely unsuited to the distance to Dublin. They're limited to 65km/h.

As soon as you go to coaches the operating cost skyrockets

Calling for Dublin Bus to be extended to Naas is a ridiculous idea based on the assumption that the fares and the operator are inherently linked; when they aren't. DB to Naas could easily be excluded from the existing fare structure for instance. What people need to be calling for is the fare structure to be extended to the BE/GAI commuter routes instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I've found James Lawless to be pretty good on the Sallins train issues.

He gets the train to Dublin himself so is well aware of the capacity constraints etc. With FF in government he'll be in a position to actually do something about it hopefully (they got Naas into the short hop zone for the train previously).

In terms of my own two cents - Dublin Bus to Naas only works with the spped limits if it goes through Rathcoole, Saggart Kill, Johnstown etc and doesn't really go down the N7 (similar to the Maynooth buses going through Celbridge, Leixlip and Lucan). That would mean the journey taking hours (ever get a bus from town to the square in Tallaght?!).

All these issues really show I think is why we should have just gotten on with the old Transport 21 plan! (Expansion of the DART through Kildare!)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Oh sorry, 27,50€ per week cap on Dublin bus. I’m a student so it’s 20€, my mistake. 27€ is still more than half of the 70€+ you’d be paying using the “commuter coaches”. I know all about this because I used them for years. For the final year of my degree, I bought a car to save me money and time cause the transport was too expensive for what you’re getting. 70€ to UCD every week, no thanks.

The buses are limited to 65km/h, yes. Are the people of Maynooth and Greystones complaining? Do you see people from Greystones flocking to the Wicklow commuter coach service? Nope. I have used the commuter Bus Eireann service so many times and a Bus Eireann city bus showed up, and it was still in Naas in under an hour. Dunno where you’re getting the 2.5 hours from. 84X is an interesting route, goes way way further than Naas distance. I never quite got why city buses are suited to go galavanting around the Wicklow mountains (184, 183, 65, etc) yet they are not suited for the N7 corridor. They are suited to literally every other town of equal size/distance on the commuter belt, not Naas.

I (and many I know) have contacted all the TD’s and the NTA. They said that it’s not in the Dublin bus network so there’s nothing that can be done. So you can get from Ballyknockan in the middle of the Wicklow mountains for cheaper than Naas. Lovely. The NTA and the TD’s don’t care. If the 126 was integrated into the Dublin bus network fare, great. It still wouldn’t be reliable, it still wouldn’t arrive on time, but at least it would be affordable.

I’m sorry if I come off as aggressive, but I hate when people try to defend the abysmal transport in Naas. Fine, it’s crap, I accept that but then at least make it the same price of equivalent sized/distance towns. Having slaved away at this transport system for college, it has honestly made me drop out at times. And then seeing my friends from Maynooth or Bray (theoretically newtownmountkennedy, Newcastle, balbriggan, etc) being capped at 20€ is just SO frustrating you have no idea. Like why are all these random places (Balbriggan, Newcastle, co. Wicklow, Ballymore Eustace) further from the city on the Dublin bus network but not Naas which is 30km from the city and a way larger population? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Never has. Never will. Not worth double/tripple price increase.

Parts of Bray are in county Dublin. The northern parts of which are less than 18km from the city centre.

That N11 corridor which starts at Bray is probably the most populated and continuously built up part of Dublin / Ireland.

Naas should probably have Dublin Bus, but there is kilometres of greenfields between it and Rathcoole.

Comparing Naas to Maynooth and Greystones is probably fair enough, but Bray always has and pronably always will be the best served commuter town of the the Dublin area.

Leap90 etc can be extended to BE/GAI buses for less cost, effort and disruption than providing slow city buses to a town that's far too far out to be served with slow city buses.

It would cost a massive amount in subsidy, which is why there is a limit to how far its offered and that appears to what you aren't understanding. Its not operation by Dublin Bus that determines where it goes to; its a decision by the NTA. DB legacy routes from the steam tram era (All the Wicklow hills ones) are not really relevant here.

You are basically chasing the crap option (city buses) not the proper option (extension of Leap90 and the GDA fare areas to BE/GAI). There is zero guarantee that DB would actually charge GDA fares if service was introduced to Naas anyway.
    What you say makes sense. But what I’m telling you is that both the NTA and TD’s have said to me (and many others I know) that the prices are the way they are for the sole reason that it’s not in the Dublin Bus Network and therefore it’s not possible to change them in the current system. And as they are also not in the BusConnects network, it will also be terrible then unless you know something I do not? AND therefore, people of Naas are heavily disadvantaged relative to those in Greystones, Maynooth, or Blessington as a result (people have to think in advance about cost of journeys, people can’t catch connection busses due to cost, college students not going to certain Universities, people choosing to drive instead, etc etc.).

Imagine you’re a student living in Kill trying to get to Maynooth. You first have to take a 126 and then you have to take a 139. This can cost over 70€ per week. This is the reality of the situation.

It’s also funny to hear people praising the quality of the commuter coach service when I’ve experienced first hand, having lived in both Naas and Greystones, what I would rather have. By far. (I’ve had white coaches turn up with “126” written on a piece of A4 paper countless time’s for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

What you say makes sense. But what I’m telling you is that both the NTA and TD’s have said to me (and many others I know) that the prices are the way they are for the sole reason that it’s not in the Dublin Bus Network and therefore it’s not possible to change them in the current system. And as they are also not in the BusConnects network, it will also be terrible then unless you know something I do not? AND therefore, people of Naas are heavily disadvantaged relative to those in Greystones, Maynooth, or Blessington as a result (people have to think in advance about cost of journeys, people can’t catch connection busses due to cost, college students not going to certain Universities, people choosing to drive instead, etc etc.).

Imagine you’re a student living in Kill trying to get to Maynooth. You first have to take a 126 and then you have to take a 139. This can cost over 70€ per week. This is the reality of the situation.

It’s also funny to hear people praising the quality of the commuter coach service when I’ve experienced first hand, having lived in both Naas and Greystones, what I would rather have. By far. (I’ve had white coaches turn up with “126” written on a piece of A4 paper countless time’s for example).

I think you're missing the point. You say the fares are as they are because Naas is not served by the DB network and hence the fare structure.

However, the reality is that if DB turned out tomorrow and said, we want to service Naas and Sallins with a new route, it would not be a given that the DB far structure as you know it now would apply to that route because DB do not set the fare. The NTA set the fair and for all you know they could stick their finger in the wind and say the leap cap is €60 on that route. Not quite the saving you imagined versus private coaches. But now you're stuck with inappropriate vehicles that are limited to 65kph

You may have been fobbed off with the answer that fares are high because you are outside of the DB network but that is not reality.

GavMan wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point. You say the fares are as they are because Naas is not served by the DB network and hence the fare structure.

However, the reality is that if DB turned out tomorrow and said, we want to service Naas and Sallins with a new route, it would not be a given that the DB far structure as you know it now would apply to that route because DB do not set the fare. The NTA set the fair and for all you know they could stick their finger in the wind and say the leap cap is €60 on that route. Not quite the saving you imagined versus private coaches. But now you're stuck with inappropriate vehicles that are limited to 65kph

You may have been fobbed off with the answer that fares are high because you are outside of the DB network but that is not reality.
    Of course I'm being fobbed off because the NTA themselves don't even know what the rationale behind their own fares is.

From an NTA official:
      Part of the rationale behind adjustments in fares is to ensure that all public transport passengers pay a fare that reflects the distance travelled.
      Bus fares [in the GDA] are determined by a combination of distance travelled and the Short Hop Zone (SHZ).
      LEAP supported facilities such as capping currently apply to bus and rail services within the SHZ. The software which currently supports LEAP capping has limitations that prevent its use beyond the SHZ.

They've contradicted themselves in all three of the these bullet points.
    1. No... Fares do not reflect the distance travelled, as I've already mentioned in previous posts Naas is far closer or equidistant to other areas currently being served by Dublin Bus services and Dublin Bus fare structure.

2. No they are not determined by distance or whether a town is in the SHZ. There are many Dublin Bus routes that disprove this entire point. Also, do the NTA not know Naas is in the SHZ and closer to the city than many of these other routes?

3. Again... Naas is in the SHZ. This reads like "basically you're being overcharged cause software". What? If the software can't provide caps on the commuter buses, then maybe change the overpriced fare and then implement caps ASAP? What a joke.

Also there is such a big deal about the use of city buses... So many times Bus Eireann used a city bus for this route (and still overcharged us) and it made very little difference to the time of the journey. About 5/6 mins max? The 126 spends about 12km at speeds of over 65km/h going about 80-90km/h. A route 69X could be provided for Naas/Kill/Rathcoole as a route for those who want to be capped and transfer buses without financial penalty. Then we'd see which bus would be more popular, and I am certain it would be the one that has caps and 90 discount. Also, could someone please answer me as to why route 184 has Dublin Bus fare structure and does not even enter Dublin? Why is a Wicklow bus route using Dublin City fares? That disproves everything the NTA are saying.

The only conclusion I can draw from the exchanges with the NTA/politicians is that JJ Kavanagh or some private operator who are making an absolute fortune overcharging students are lobbying to keep fares as they are. NTA director Anne Graham states that the NTA aims to "allow seamless movement between different transport services without financial penalty".... unless you're in Naas. 70€ from Kill to Maynooth per week via 126 and 139. What a mess. People assume everyone is going to the city centre, do people realise that many who work or study in Dublin aren't actually going to the city centre and have to take a subsequent bus? This goes over 15€ per day with a LEAP card, much worse with cash.

If fares were a little little more expensive in Naas, I would say "okay that's not right but I can live with it" but the reality of the situation is that students (and adults) are paying up to 4x the price. Thats not justice, that's discrimination. And not one TD, person on this forum, or the NTA can give me an explanation (that makes sense) as to why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

No, she specifically said Luas. Also wants Dublin Bus back to Kilcock when the BE service is faster.

Electrification to Maynooth is under advanced planning and Celbridge not quite so advanced.

The BE is hilariously unreliable

Scoundrel wrote: »

So's the 66.

Extending city buses is not the way to fix problems with the 115. Never was never will be.

If fares were a little little more expensive in Naas, I would say "okay that's not right but I can live with it" but the reality of the situation is that students (and adults) are paying up to 4x the price. Thats not justice, that's discrimination. And not one TD, person on this forum, or the NTA can give me an explanation (that makes sense) as to why that is.

The answer was given - any changes will require a huge amount of subsidy to be put in place and nobody wants to do that. So would extending DB service. Fare income would drop massively overnight and realistically would never be made up by increased usage so it has to come from the state. Dublin fare area fares already have the required level of subsidy.

It can be done - the extension of Dublin area train fares to Sallins and Kilcock required huge increases to subsidies also, but they were given and they happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Scoundrel wrote: »

It's quite reliable. It should be compared with actual exurban Dublin Bus services (I would be surprised if there are any as far from O'Connell Street as Kilcock - but I accept that there may be several that are nearly as far.)

Look at the likes of Ongar, Greystones , Kilmacanogue etc.
    Then also consider the relative levels of comfort and actual time to arrive in central Dublin.

I can't help but feel the following and these are just my feelings:

The people who want Dublin Bus extended to Kilcock fall into 2 categories
    1 Dubliners who imagine for some baffling reason that the same service will be provided to Kilcock that was to Ballyfermot.

2 Kildare people who get Dublin Buses when they are in Dublin and imagine the same service would exist from Kilcock as does from Amiens street.

Remember follks about half the population is of below average intelligence. Even in Kilcock it must be a third.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

It's quite reliable. It should be compared with actual exurban Dublin Bus services (I would be surprised if there are any as far from O'Connell Street as Kilcock - but I accept that there may be several that are nearly as far.)

Look at the likes of Ongar, Greystones , Kilmacanogue etc.
    Then also consider the relative levels of comfort and actual time to arrive in central Dublin.

I can't help but feel the following and these are just my feelings:

The people who want Dublin Bus extended to Kilcock fall into 2 categories
    1 Dubliners who imagine for some baffling reason that the same service will be provided to Kilcock that was to Ballyfermot.

2 Kildare people who get Dublin Buses when they are in Dublin and imagine the same service would exist from Kilcock as does from Amiens street.

Remember follks about half the population is of below average intelligence. Even in Kilcock it must be a third.

I get what you mean and there are people in Kilcock who think that the whole worlds problems would be solved by the 66 going onto Kilcock but my expierence of the 115 is that it's unreliable at best.

Vincent Martin has been now been appointed to the Seanad.

Anthony Lawlor has not. Didn't run in the Seanad election so was very much an outside chance for an FG pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Off topic... maybe this could be the general north Kildare thread?

How have we got lumped in with those south Kildare people again?

Naas is in Kildare North and is affected, as is part of Timahoe I think.

The three/four (Kilcock is borderline) towns in the North East really need to be seen as Not Kildare for everything except GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Naas is in Kildare North and is affected, as is part of Timahoe I think.

The three/four (Kilcock is borderline) towns in the North East really need to be seen as Not Kildare for everything except GAA.

Yeah, back to the Baronies. Counties are far too big and diverse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Patser

Slightly on/off topic -

Given the current lock down, interesting to see Lawless tweeting away (although having pointless spat with SF at times), looking active, on radio

Cronin, tweeting away, meeting businesses, sniping a bit but so what, on radio

Murphy, out meeting people and businesses, tweeting and retweeting, on radio

Durkan - nothing, not a single comment

And I say this as someone who gave him number 1 last election

Edit: and typical, as soon as I post I see he's tweeted 30 mins ago.....

Durkan's been mostly anonymous in the Dáil for 40 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bring Frank back... I can imagine the photo ops now, him in full PPE fighting covid

Advertisement