Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020: Kildare North

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Reada seemingly forgetting that it was her who was aiding and abetting far-right nutjobs...

https://twitter.com/ReadaCronin/status/1365723020422168576

EvQlP09XMBA4qh3?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Reada seemingly forgetting that it was her who was aiding and abetting far-right nutjobs...

...a lot of jackboots in evidence there😳

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Looks like a nasty dose of Gemmaroids there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Thanks for that, she has me blocked on Twitter, even though I've never engaged with her on the platform.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

EvQ6m5hWYAgnTu7?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

This was before Gemmas descent into far right lunacy and around the time she exposed the rampant corruption of Martin Callinan though i'm sure many of you know that and just forgot to say...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Martin Callinan thing was 2014 and was just a case of a stopped clock being right. By 2016, Gemma was already showing significant signs of going where she's gone now.

This is not the only time Cronin has exhibited chronically poor judgement on social media

She is also as anonymous *off* social media as a TD as she was when on the Council. It would be a travesty if she's re-elected, yet on current polling it would be hard to see how she couldn't be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

L1011 wrote: »
    She is also as anonymous *off* social media as a TD as she was when on the Council. It would be a travesty if she's re-elected, yet on current polling it would be hard to see how she couldn't be

Say what you like about Frank... but he was very active locally. Haven't seen a peep out of her yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

mloc123 wrote: »
    Say what you like about Frank... but he was very active locally. Haven't seen a peep out of her yet.

Frank was very good at getting his picture in the Liffey Champion on a weekly basis. I'm not sure how effective he was.

Quite a few people in Leixlip didn't seem to have much time for him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Say what you like about Frank... but he was very active locally.
    What achievements did he accomplish? I can't think of any!

• Advertisement

He showed up at the opening of an envelope and claimed credit for things that had nothing to with him the oldest political trick in the book Healy Rae level nonsense that shouldn't fool anyone.

The Martin Callinan thing was 2014 and was just a case of a stopped clock being right. By 2016, Gemma was already showing significant signs of going where she's gone now.

This is not the only time Cronin has exhibited chronically poor judgement on social media

Better than another anonymous FF estate agent and Durkan has been anoymous for 40 years and never did him any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Scoundrel wrote: »
    He showed up at the opening of an envelope and claimed credit for things that had nothing to with him the oldest political trick in the book Healy Rae level nonsense that shouldn't fool anyone.

If he's showing up at things he means he gives some sort of a toss/has some idea what's going on? Can't say I'm Frank's biggest fan personally but if he's making an effort to be at things it shows he's making some sort of effort (as self serving as it may be).

Reada is of very little to no benefit to the constituency from what I've seen so far. Patricia Ryan doesn't seem to have ever come back from holidays either.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Scoundrel wrote: »

Great use of a new term for this type of nonsense:

He did a "Healy Rae" on it.

Tells you everything you need to know about the politician in a very succinct manner. Excellent.

If he's showing up at things he means he gives some sort of a toss/has some idea what's going on? Can't say I'm Frank's biggest fan personally but if he's making an effort to be at things it shows he's making some sort of effort (as self serving as it may be).

Reada is of very little to no benefit to the constituency from what I've seen so far. Patricia Ryan doesn't seem to have ever come back from holidays either.

To be fair Reada can't show up at the opening of an envelope due to pandemic.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Catherine Murphy forgets to use the mute button :D

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1366778824713777153

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

What achievements did he accomplish? I can't think of any!
    He did send us a letter claiming credit for stopping the traffic changes that would have made the bridge flow far more freely. I'm sure he thought it was a good thing, but as someone who used to have to get the Hazlehatch some mornings it was not a good thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Link to the tweet please. For all I know that could be photoshop.

GavMan wrote: »
    EvQ6m5hWYAgnTu7?format=jpg&name=small

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Link to the tweet please. For all I know that could be photoshop.

Reada deleted a significant % of her older tweets while her account was protected/offline after the papers found some of her worse ones. So it won't be online anymore.

Reada deleted a significant % of her older tweets while her account was protected/offline after the papers found some of her worse ones. So it won't be online anymore.

Took days for SF HQ to go through all her right wing, anti jew, conspiracy theory tweets and scrub them

• Advertisement

So anyone could photoshop anything and claim that it is a saved tweet?

I might be prepared to accept that it could be real if it were accompanied by a sworn statement to that effect.

Took days for SF HQ to go through all her right wing, anti jew, conspiracy theory tweets and scrub them
    So you say and an anonymous conspiracy theorist on the internet is of course an unimpeachable source.

So you say and an anonymous conspiracy theorist on the internet is of course an unimpeachable source.

Sure... like all your claims of machette attacks in Kilcock :pac::pac:

Sure... like all your claims of machette attacks in Kilcock :pac::pac:
    Sure ... we can treat both accounts the same.

I tried to find some online accounts to back up that story but all I can find is myself.
    I was definitely told about it.

Anyway... there are plenty of news sources which covered her tweets and the removal of them...

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-reada-cronin-twitter-comments-pearse-doherty-5012894-Feb2020/

Advertisement