Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

For the sake of the division I need Haye to win, but every moral fibre in my body says Haye is a tosser and should get smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

For the sake of the division I need Haye to win, but every moral fibre in my body says Haye is a tosser and should get smashed.

Yep totally agree, Haye is a twat but he's great for the division and he's bringing the athleticisim back into the weight.
    If Wlad wins the division is dead for a few more years, it needs fresh blood badly! Although in saying that, isn't Haye looking to retire in October, personally i think that's bull and he'll get bigger payout when he fights again.
    Wlad is not good to watch, his tactic of throwing a jab and then stepping back to avoid getting hit ridiculously frustrating as he has the power especially in the right to finish fights earlier. In his last fight even Steward was in his corner pleading him to throw the right to finish the fight, round after round Steward would nearly scream at him to get the job done as Wlad was stinking the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Boooourns wrote: »
    Yep totally agree, Haye is a twat but he's great for the division and he's bringing the athleticisim back into the weight.
    If Wlad wins the division is dead for a few more years, it needs fresh blood badly! Although in saying that, isn't Haye looking to retire in October, personally i think that's bull and he'll get bigger payout when he fights again.
    Wlad is not good to watch, his tactic of throwing a jab and then stepping back to avoid getting hit ridiculously frustrating as he has the power especially in the right to finish fights earlier. In his last fight even Steward was in his corner pleading him to throw the right to finish the fight, round after round Steward would nearly scream at him to get the job done as Wlad was stinking the place out.

His conservative style makes me think Wlad on points 100/30 is a huge price.

Hate all this nonsense build up with the forced animosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

How is Haye winning good for the division if he's retiring at the end of the year?

I appreciate that Wlad is boring but I enjoy his fights. I enjoy any god technical boxers, Wlad has a beautiful jab, defends well, and has a right hand like an ESB pole.

I'd prefer to see Wlad win, clean out Chisora, then maybe have 1 or 2 fights and retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

That's if you believe he's going to retire I suppose. I think If he beat Wlad he'd surely take a crack at Vitali after, and he'd probably retire after that, though a fight with Adamek would bring in serious money by then I'd imagine.

Wlad definitely worries about his chin, I don't think he was half as conservative in his early fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I agree with gene. I don't see how Haye winning will change much. He has yet to impress me at heavyweight. Who has he beat? Looked very ordinary against a past it and already terrible John Ruiz. Haye isn't some young "Mike Tyson" exploding onto the scene and destroying everyone. He is one of the current crop of very ordinary heavyweights. I mean ordinary in the sense
    that none are great heavies.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

walshb wrote: »
    I agree with gene. I don't see how Haye winning will change much. He has yet to impress me at heavyweight. Who has he beat? Looked very ordinary against a past it and already terrible John Ruiz. Haye isn't some young "Mike Tyson" exploding onto the scene and destroying everyone. He is one of the current crop of very ordinary heavyweights. I mean ordinary in the sense
    that none are great heavies.

+1

They're very good fighters but they're not great, Haye, Wlad & Vitali are the best of whats about and should rightly hold the belts if nobody can take them away, but NONE are close to great...

I think Vitali would have been a possible great if there was other good fighters around. If Lewis is considered a great (and he was), Vitali gave him a massive scare in their fight until his cut eye got too bad and his other loss was because of a shoulder injury. Brilliant chin and very strong, he's only starting to look vunerable now at 39 and beats his Brother 10 out of 10 times.
    There's a good reason Haye avoids him like the plague.

That's if you believe he's going to retire I suppose. I think If he beat Wlad he'd surely take a crack at Vitali after, and he'd probably retire after that, though a fight with Adamek would bring in serious money by then I'd imagine..

Yeah i agree, i don't believe Haye when he mentions retirement. I think he's using what Mayweather does, that people offer him more money to fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Vitali would have been a possible great if there was other good fighters around. If Lewis is considered a great (and he was), Vitali gave him a massive scare in their fight until his cut eye got too bad and his other loss was because of a shoulder injury. Brilliant chin and very strong, he's only starting to look vunerable now at 39 and beats his Brother 10 out of 10 times.
    There's a good reason Haye avoids him like the plague.

Lewis was a few years past his best days when Vitali met him

But, Vitali is a very good fighter, or was. Big, tough, strong and durable. Yes, he could make it in other eras possibly.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Lewis was a few years past his best days when Vitali met him

But, Vitali is a very good fighter, or was. Big, tough, strong and durable. Yes, he could make it in other eras possibly.

Yeah Lewis was at his heaviest as well so it's a pity Vitali didn't win that as Lewis always came back in great shape to avenge his losses. Vitali was winning on all the scorecards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gintonious wrote: »

Have you seen him box?

Actually what he's doing is clever enough, he's come across as the nice guy and making Haye look like a tool in his own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Looks like Haye wants to talk Klitschko out of his usual style rather than say play your normal style and you'll get beat. Klitschko seems to have more confidence in his style of boxing than Haye does in his. I'm not convinced that Haye believes what he is saying to the media is true. Thats the vibe I'm getting from these press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

I'm starting to get a little worried by these press conferences to be honest.

I've been sitting back waiting for the Sky Sports hype machine to tell anyone who'll listen that Haye is one of the greatest ever so i'll get great odds on Wlad closer to the fight, so far it's just not happening and i'm not seeing real confidence in Haye.

Before the Audley fight I was going for 9/1 ko in the second, third and 4th but didn't get to the bookies on time, some people on here even believed Audley had a good shot after watching the build up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Have you seen him box?

Actually what he's doing is clever enough, he's come across as the nice guy and making Haye look like a tool in his own country.

I have nothing against how he boxes, its a thinking mans sport, all this crap of Haye wanting to be "ferocious" and all that, he is a business man.

Kiltcshko doesn't care how people see him box, he is too disciplined for that and far too intelligent to get dragged into a war of words. He plays the strategy game, does what he has to do, the days of a "Tyson-esque" display are well gone in the HW division, that was probably the only time it was truly exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hatchet89

Does anybody know anything about tickets for the fight? Are they still available and if so at what the price range? Would make a great birthday present!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hatchet89 wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about tickets for the fight? Are they still available and if so at what the price range? Would make a great birthday present!

Tickets still available here.

Tickets from here will be mostly Klitschko fans. The €130 tickets or anything over should give a decent view although slime pickings now.

I don't know where Haye's tickets are being promoted so you may get a better selection from his promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

cracking HBO face off here. Haye's bullsh*t is wearing thin on Wlad and uncharacteristically he is genuinely looking pretty p*ssed off.

I think Haye done a great job there, he's wound Wlad up no end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

For anyone who is interested in the Klitschkos, their movie/documentary premiered this week and is getting a general release soon.

I think Haye done a great job there, he's wound Wlad up no end.

I dont for a second think that Wlad is rattled. He is just starting to get extremely annoyed.

I'd love to see Vitali in this setting with Haye. He is definately the more intimidating of the 2 brothers.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    I dont for a second think that Wlad is rattled. He is just starting to get extremely annoyed.

I'd love to see Vitali in this setting with Haye. He is definately the more intimidating of the 2 brothers.

Yeah without doubt, Vitali would laugh his balls off at Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Wlad has Haye rattled, Haye knows he's getting finished and its only a matter of how quick..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

In fairness, i'll wait until the fight to make any judgements. What we are seeing here is idiocy akin to staged reality tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Keep in mind the HBO Face Off was recorded weeks ago, prior even to the press conferences, so a lot has changed.

Wlad KO 9 Haye.

Anyone else going?

:D;):p:):eek:

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

cowzerp wrote: »
    Wlad has Haye rattled, Haye knows he's getting finished and its only a matter of how quick..

I don't think that's even close to the truth. I'd guess both of these guys truly believe they have the other man's number and that they are the best heavyweight in the World. There would be valid reason for both men to hold that belief as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sadly Boxing's heading for WWE territory based on that ''face-off''. Haye can hardly keep a straight face and all they're doing is trying to sell the fight.

Still, I'm looking forward to this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Paully D wrote: »
    Sadly Boxing's heading for WWE territory based on that ''face-off''. Haye can hardly keep a straight face and all they're doing is trying to sell the fight.

Still, I'm looking forward to this fight.

Me too. I've been shouting for Haye all along and still am, hopefully he will win and shake up one of the weakest divisions in boxing.

• Advertisement

djhaxman wrote: »
    Me too. I've been shouting for Haye all along and still am, hopefully he will win and shake up one of the weakest divisions in boxing.

Haye is apparently "retiring" after this fight so he won't exactly be shaking up the division in fairness.

Wlad does have a questionable mentality but I just think he will have far too much for Haye. When that first jab lands Haye will get an almighty shock.

Its intriguing though, much more so than a fight with Vitali would be as Vitali would take Haye's punches, Wlad is not a natural fighter, he does rely on working at his own pace behind his jab. Haye has the power and combinations to trouble him but i just think Wlad has the power to end the fight at any time.
    And his is not a lumbering fighter either he is athletic and mobile for his 6'6 frame.

I see Haye running and pot shotting for the first 5-6 rounds, making Wlad use every inch of the ring.

But at the end of the day Haye is a blown up cruiserweight, not tested at heavyweight. I think there are 5-6 heavyweights out there who would trouble Haye so I don't expect him to beat one of the top dogs.

Advertisement