Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Your "in the films" analysis is funny. Not having a go, but sometimes the funniest comments are when people just let the mind pour forth. Sign me up for your newsletter.
    I think the general concensus is most people want Haye sparked due to his having "no class" as Paulie says in Rocky IV.

Was just saying:rolleyes:

I thought it was an interesting excercise myself and a credit to how hard and ruthless a pro boxer/fighter can hit compared to a normal strong man.

I agree Haye has no class, not suprised to hear your example of him and the overweight fan.That's bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

"No class" = the Sky hype job.

Surprised at people getting suckered in by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Squall19 wrote: »
    I was watching a documentary on the net the other night about puncing power

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

All the talk over the last few weeks between Haye and Klitschko,who the hell is gonna will....I reckon Haye can talk the talk but Klitschko has the upper hand

i-dunno-lol.jpg?1244616130

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Interesting how Wlad feels the need to get big brother Vitali to lend support. Why couldn't he himself have asked Haye to promise to be at the post-fight conference?

Haye might be ultimately out of his depth for this fight, but I think he's truly got Wlad rattled and that can only be a good thing for him in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jimmyd87

I CAN'T WAIT FOR DIS SH*T!!! Haye you cheeky, CHEEKY man! THIS FIGHT IS GONNA ROCK----BOOM!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Wlad has some serious flaws, he can be knocked out.

But don't for one second believe that David Haye is the man to do it. Previous opponents (some who were tougher than Haye) have not come close in recent times, and theres a reason for it. Wlad has perfected the art of protecting that chin of his.

Wlad can win this fight whatever way he wants. Haye won't land flush, pretty much like all his opponents in his last 13 fights haven't.

Loved the lads stepping in to "break it up" during that staredown when there was no need to. Haye or Wlad must have missed their cue to start pushing each other.

On a side note, I have to laugh at just how cool Vitali is laughing at Haye's antics. Vitali would genuinely eat him for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

jimmyd87 wrote: »
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR DIS SH*T!!! Haye you cheeky, CHEEKY man! THIS FIGHT IS GONNA ROCK----BOOM!!!:D:D:D

booyakasha innit (or whatever the young folk are saying these days) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,603 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CorkMan wrote: »
    I think Haye will KO Wladimir. Not a spectacular KO in which Wlad is on the canvas for half a minute, but a bit like Wlad's previous knockouts. Wlad able to get up but stopped.

I do believe Haye proved himself a good bit in the HW division already, he beat Valuev. There are rumours the Klitschko's were dodging Valuev. John Ruiz wasn't an easy opponent too. I think Haye will take away Wlad's jab and get very aggressive with him.
    Seriously man thats about the worst post I've read on the boxing forum ever.

You are making up stuff or something is filling you with makey uppy stuff.

1. Haye has not proved anything in the heavyweight division to date.
    2. The Klitschkos never dodged anybody let alone a poor fighter like Valuev who relies on being so much bigger to win fights. He doesn't have as much of an advantage in that department against Wlad or Vitaly.

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Wlad has some serious flaws, he can be knocked out.

But don't for one second believe that David Haye is the man to do it. Previous opponents (some who were tougher than Haye) have not come close in recent times, and theres a reason for it. Wlad has perfected the art of protecting that chin of his.

Wlad can win this fight whatever way he wants. Haye won't land flush, pretty much like all his opponents in his last 13 fights haven't.

Loved the lads stepping in to "break it up" during that staredown when there was no need to. Haye or Wlad must have missed their cue to start pushing each other.

On a side note, I have to laugh at just how cool Vitali is laughing at Haye's antics. Vitali would genuinely eat him for breakfast.

You have a real problem with Haye don't you?

In my mind the main question about this fight is: What will Vitali shout at the crumpled remains of Haye on the canvas when the fight is over? Some Ukrainian curse perhaps?

LOL @ Vitali shouting at Jeffries on the canvas after Wlad Ko'd him, and also shouting at Solis when he quit!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭boogeyman

In the real world Wladamir would keep Haye at a distant and win the fight easy on points or with a late stoppage.

The only thing that has me worried is that this is boxing and "strange" things happen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Haye wins this and sets up another box office smash with Vitali.

At the end of the day it's all about money and alot more money can be made on all sides if Haye wins and goes on to fight Vitali.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

He wrote it on his hand. You can't see it from that angle.

Go to 30 seconds

This is a part of why I don't like the Klitschko's. They are always next to each other, the press conference here, at the staredown in the ring Vitali will be right behind Wladimir. It's definitely meant as a form of intimidation, but it shows that they want to remain a team, even though 1 will be fighting on the night they are still a team then. Wladimir does the same thing when Vitali is fighting too.

This makes it extra annoying that they will never ever fight each other, they are always side by side. Haye is the only HW that can unify all the titles. Not to mention both their boring game plans: jab, jab, hold, jab, jab, straight right, jab, jab, jab. I hope Haye can make an impact similar to Holyfield in the present HW climate, coming up from Cruiserweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

boogeyman wrote: »
    The only thing that has me worried is that this is boxing and "strange" things happen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Haye wins this and sets up another box office smash with Vitali.

At the end of the day it's all about money and alot more money can be made on all sides if Haye wins and goes on to fight Vitali.

So you think wlad would be happy to loose his belts and damage his legacy just to set up a big fight between haye and vitali (a fight haye will retire to avoid anyway)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

I hope Haye can make an impact similar to Holyfield in the present HW climate, coming up from Cruiserweight.

If Haye wins he will call on vitali to cancel his fight with adamek and that won't happen. Then he will retire claiming to be undisputed champion saying vitali ducked him

This is a part of why I don't like the Klitschko's. They are always next to each other, the press conference here, at the staredown in the ring Vitali will be right behind Wladimir. It's definitely meant as a form of intimidation, but it shows that they want to remain a team, even though 1 will be fighting on the night they are still a team then. Wladimir does the same thing when Vitali is fighting too.

This makes it extra annoying that they will never ever fight each other, they are always side by side. Haye is the only HW that can unify all the titles. Not to mention both their boring game plans: jab, jab, hold, jab, jab, straight right, jab, jab, jab. I hope Haye can make an impact similar to Holyfield in the present HW climate, coming up from Cruiserweight.

You probably don't watch boxing if you think this is how Vitali fights.

Haye and Booth's latest scumbag move to try and worm their way out:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/06/wba-may-not-sanction-haye-v-klitschko.html

You probably don't watch boxing if you think this is how Vitali fights.

Haye and Booth's latest scumbag move to try and worm their way out:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/06/wba-may-not-sanction-haye-v-klitschko.html

I have seen many Vitali fights, and the ones that most are approvable of my comment are his fights again Shannon Briggs and Chris Arreola. Vitali kept his jab out for Briggs and couldn't put him away. Regards the article, Adam Booth appears to say that the WBA has a problem with the referee, not Haye.

About Vitali, Vitali called Haye out yesterday. Who knows, Vitali might get "injured" ahead of the Adamek fight and end up fighting Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,651 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Actually i think if Haye were to pull this off, Vitali would be so livid he'd attempt to pull out of the Adamek fight. Haye wants no part of Vitali, so i just hope if Wlad loses that Adamek is paid off to step aside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/13939487.stm

Barry is confident Haye will win. Is there any Sky pundit that doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Ok, ill be in Dublin this week for the glee thing what pubs are showing the fight ?

• Advertisement

I have seen many Vitali fights, and the ones that most are approvable of my comment are his fights again Shannon Briggs and Chris Arreola. Vitali kept his jab out for Briggs and couldn't put him away. Regards the article, Adam Booth appears to say that the WBA has a problem with the referee, not Haye.

Vitali is not a jab and grab fighter. His power is overrated, but this doesn't mean he's boring. No, it's clearly Haye and Booth's problem, they are simply playing mind games. The belt is a useless trinket anyway, the WBA are the worst alphabet organisation with their "Super Champion", "Champion" and "Interim Champion", disgraceful moneyspinning. Besides, Wlad is the rightful owner of that belt since he beat Chagaev when he had it. Still a useless trinket, though it does have value for Wlad so that K2 can hold all the belts.
    About Vitali, Vitali called Haye out yesterday. Who knows, Vitali might get "injured" ahead of the Adamek fight and end up fighting Haye.

I would love to see this happen. Would be an even bigger superfight, and a violent one-sided beatdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i dont know about you guys but im going for the white guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Iv said this since the Valuev fight, Haye will find a way to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Actually i think if Haye were to pull this off, Vitali would be so livid he'd attempt to pull out of the Adamek fight. Haye wants no part of Vitali, so i just hope if Wlad loses that Adamek is paid off to step aside.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/13939487.stm

Barry is confident Haye will win. Is there any Sky pundit that doesn't.

Yeah a few on Ringside a couple of weeks ago. I think it was McCrory and Moore.

I would love to see this happen. Would be an even bigger superfight, and a violent one-sided beatdown.

What age is Vitali now? 40? I am sure he is past his prime now, and I wouldn't know how he would fare against a David Haye 10 years his junior.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

ricero wrote: »
    i dont know about you guys but im going for the white guy

Nothing wrong with that. Rooting for one of your own or someone you can relate to in some way is normal.

Haye is a thug. He is vile. I'd love to see Vlad knock him out cold. Haye has no respect for anyone. It's disgusting the way people excuse Haye and Mayweather's behaviour.

Vlad is a gentleman, behaves with class always. He may a fairly boring fighter but I will take someone like him over someone like Haye every time.

Another thing I want to mention, Haye has continually called Vlad a "robot". It is a very nasty stereotype about Slavic people, that they're cold, unemotive, robotic etc. If Vlad had called Haye a monkey or something there would be outrage. I guess it's a okay for a mulatto or black to racially abuse a white.

Here's Haye's latest stunt:

'Princess' Haye gets a lesson in class from Klitschko as agent provocateur stirs it up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2008698/David-Haye-v-Wladimir-Klitschko-Hayemaker-labels-champion-robot.html#ixzz1QXSHNLGp

I do have a feeling that Haye is going to win by KO though. Vlad's cautious style may cost him in this one. Haye is a good, fast puncher and he might make Vlad even more hesitant.

Another thing I want to mention, Haye has continually called Vlad a "robot". It is a very nasty stereotype about Slavic people, that they're cold, unemotive, robotic etc. If Vlad had called Haye a monkey or something there would be outrage. I guess it's a okay for a mulatto or black to racially abuse a white.

I think it's more his style of fighting that Haye is referring to rather than a racist thing. I see Wlad as robotic too, his fighting style is boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think it's funny how so many people buy into the heel character Haye has created for himself.

Does anyone recommend anywhere particular in Dublin to watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I just want to see the smirk wiped off Hayes face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The first time the big guy hits the little guy will be very telling.

Im beginning to veer away from points to an explosive finish.......

Advertisement