Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2020, 11:07   #16
pixelburp

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Isn't that the whole premise though? In order for that kind of plot and comedy to work you need a villain or at least a select few characters taking it almost too seriously?

Josh Brolin in Deadpool 2 for example along with Eddie Marsan as the OTT villain.
Oh I 100% agree, just don't immediately see Bale as being that specific type of actor, one self-deprecating enough to be the straight man.

Basically, I think Bale, fine an actor as he is, takes his craft way too seriously and his intensity levels might not be a fit. Same with someone like Jared Leto, only talented Mind you, it's still a rumour for now & who knows; perhaps Bale's seeking this part to show he does have that kind of range. Naturally it's all just spitballing to extreme levels.

That famous rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation still rings in my ears when I see him pop up in anything He seems like the kind of guy who can never properly turn off, and most likely to deck Ryan Reynolds if they ever shared a set together!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 11:20   #17
EltonJohn69

Billy Crystal added to the cast ! I wonder what character he will be ???
10-01-2020, 12:00   #18
TheIrishGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Oh I 100% agree, just don't immediately see Bale as being that specific type of actor, one self-deprecating enough to be the straight man.

Basically, I think Bale, fine an actor as he is, takes his craft way too seriously and his intensity levels might not be a fit. Same with someone like Jared Leto, only talented Mind you, it's still a rumour for now & who knows; perhaps Bale's seeking this part to show he does have that kind of range. Naturally it's all just spitballing to extreme levels.

That famous rant on the set of Terminator: Salvation still rings in my ears when I see him pop up in anything He seems like the kind of guy who can never properly turn off, and most likely to deck Ryan Reynolds if they ever shared a set together!
Yeah, it's not a case of potential miscasting. As was said, Josh Brolin played a very good straight man in Deadpool 2. But Bale does not strike me as having a sense of humour.

Plus, Kate Blanchet's a fantastic actor but if there was one issue I had with Thor Ragnarok it was that you didn't care about the actual overall story: Hela coming back to rule Asgard.

Every time it went back to her you (Well, I) was thinking: Don't care. Get back to the lads! Bring the funny.

And by f*ck, they better bring Sam Neil in...... I know, I know, he played "Odin" in the Ember-Island-Players-Type-Play in Ragnarok but I say screw that, bring him in as another character.

I wanna see him as Thor's.... um..... Uncle Vili... Who is basically Hec. But in Norse armour and more booze!

As for Billy Crystal? I like him but I would prefer if they didn't pull in a load of established and high-profile comedians. The joy of Ragnarok was seeing these actors, who had done light stuff but were more knows for action/drama movies lightening up (Mark Ruffalo fidgeting with the crotch on his too-tight jeans)
Thanks from:
10-01-2020, 12:53   #19
FunLover18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltonJohn69 View Post
Source? I can't find anything online
10-01-2020, 12:59   #20
WrenBoy

Has Christian Bale ever given a bad performance?? I genuinely cant think of one.
Always happy to pay to go see him.
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 13:05   #21
FortuneChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenBoy View Post
Has Christian Bale ever given a bad performance?? I genuinely cant think of one.
Always happy to pay to go see him.
Terminator Salvation.
I know he carries intensity, but he just grunted through all of his scenes.

Poor by his standards.
Thanks from:
10-01-2020, 14:05   #22
WrenBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortuneChip View Post
Terminator Salvation.
I know he carries intensity, but he just grunted through all of his scenes.

Poor by his standards.
yeah, maybe, hard to tell how much of that is a terrible script and how much is Bale but yeah that was a bit of a miss on that one
10-01-2020, 14:32   #23
DrumSteve

Quote:
Be hilarious if he showed up as his character from the Princess Bride after Thor gets accidentally killed again.
(2) thanks from:
10-01-2020, 15:42   #24
Skerries

he was only mostly dead though
Advertisement
10-01-2020, 16:52   #25
eviltimeban

Who says Bale has to be playing a bad guy? He could be another Super hero.
16-01-2020, 19:22   #26
EltonJohn69

I assume it will be Billy Crystal playing the villain
16-01-2020, 19:26   #27
FunLover18

Quote:
I assume it will be Billy Crystal playing the villain
Where are you getting this from?? Is it an in joke I'm missing?
12-03-2020, 23:12   #28
JP Liz V1

Christian Bale cast as the villain and Vin Diesel (who voices Groot) said that GOTG also involved
13-03-2020, 07:32   #29
AndyBoBandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Christian Bale cast as the villain and Vin Diesel (who voices Groot) said that GOTG also involved
That would make sense given how EndGame ended. Though their involvment could be minor (until perhaps Thor separates from them for whatever reason)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion