Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor: Love and Thunder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some of the CGI looks well dodgy to me in the trailer.

However it looks great fun and Thor with the GotG is a great mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They were careful to only give us a glimpse of oul Russel as Zeus. I'm interested to see what look they've gone for with Gorr the God Butcher (Bale) too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Teaser Trailer was a bit... Meh.

Agreed on the CGI, hopefully still working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've seen images from promo art on toy boxes for his character. Looks a bit underwhelming, but I'm sure it'll look better in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks dreadful, like a bad comedy.

Ragnarok was bad but this looks even worse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I think Ragnarok was one of the best MCU movies, and have high hopes that this will follow suit given Waititi is at the helm again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Ragnarok was the best of the MCU

Thor needs redemption and hopefully this is where he finds it

Hemsworth is far more interested in doing comedic stuff with Thor, and it's one of Taika Waititi's strengths.

I'd much rather they continue down this path with the character where everyone is engaged and interested than Thor The Dark World where it was very bog-standard, overly serious and nobody in it seemed in any way interested in making it. I don't think every joke in Ragnarok hit the mark and at times the level of humour hurt some of the serious moments,. They really did the Warriors Three dirty as well. But the new direction they took with it was far and away the right decision. Plus so many of the visuals, art style, and many of the serious moments (especially the scenes with Odin, with Hopkins giving a great performance as Odin as well as a funny performance as Loki in disguise) were fantastic.

I loved the first Thor film and think it's one of the most underrated of the MCU, but I also don't think that style could have sustained a trilogy. Handing the reins to Waititi and taking Thor in this direction was risky, but was definitely the right move.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I did not like the first Thor film at all. These Aliens pretending to be God's when in fact they are just Aliens with advanced technology.

I thought and still think the second Thor film is the best one. It is more honest and they are not trying to pretend to be God's anymore.

Ragnorak was good too if a little long.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Yes, I thought the second was the best too.

I liked the dark and serious tone, the last act was a bit rushed though.

Ragnarok was an abomination, utter cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

When I first heard Waititi was going with Gorr for a villain I was worried...I loved Gorr's arc in the comics, Gorr is a multi layered character with a very dark and tragic history and I just cant see Waititi doing him justice, he's just too comedic and lighthearted and seeing the trailer this looks like it's going to be Ragnarok 2.0 which will be littered with too many stupid jokes and goofy moments, that's why I never really warmed to Ragnarok, but truth be told I wasn't a major fan of any of the Thor films.

Gorr's content would be better suited to the way the Russo's portrayed Thanos in infinity war/Endgame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I've seen it all. The Dark World the best Thor movie. This thread is broken, shut it down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I get people not liking Waititi’s goofy sense of humour, but Thor: The Dark World is close to the consensus candidate for worst MCU film for good reason (at least til Eternals showed up). A joyless, beige slog of a movie. At least Ragnarok had some bloody primary colours!

The Dark World had a great performance from Tom Hiddleston, a decent performance by Hemsworth, and the funeral scene was terrific. Other than that it was so forgettable that I can't even pick out anything specific to mock it for.

People are entitled to their opinions.

It has an excellent soundtrack too by Brian Tyler.

I get people not liking Waititi’s goofy sense of humour

Too much of that shoehorned into Marvels recent films.

It was fresh in Iron Man but its tired, its forced cringeworthy unfunny humour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well obviously people are entitled to their opinions. Duh. They can still be frickin' weird ones 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can see Loki not playing a part as he's mid step in his own story at the end of Loki, but could see Waititi having some fun with Loki/Lady Loki & Thor/Lady Thor.

• Advertisement

They are prosthetically enhanced and she is standing on a box too.

Yikes, looks like they are going all out on the woke meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Why is Hemsworth not top billing on this one ? On the IMDB app hes top billing on all the other Thor's.

Doctor Strange could of easily been a Wanda vision movie with Doctor strange, I wonder is this a Natalie portman "mighty Thor" movie with the original Thor used to sell it ? Not really interested in that and if they don't change the trailers to show more Portman, its just a con from marvel. If Hemsworths role is to promote a new Thor, dont make all the trailers look like its about Him.

Hemsworth is top billing. The IMDB app and site are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

She apparently only agreed to Dark Worlds when it was to be directed by Patty Jenkins, talked about female lead bla bla bla and wasn't too happy when Jenkins got cut loose.

Top billing might be one of the many things they'd to do to get her back.

Not sure if IMDb matches the billing for the productions themselves; never really thought about it, and IMDb is user generated so wouldn't necessarily read too much into it.

Jane Foster Thor has been one of the bigger new additions in recent Marvel comics , so not surprised they're pushing this TBH. Though I doubt they'll follow the comics entirely: in them, Jane Foster's dying of cancer, weak and feeble from chemo but when she turns into Thor, becomes powerful. It's a neat riff on the whole trope of powers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I hope you are correct.

I have no issue if they are going to make Jane Foster Thor the main character once they don't use original Thor to lure people in to seeing a female superhero movie under the banner of a male one. That would be my issue, not moving from Thor male to Thor female.

I still think there's not been an original female hero like Ripley (in Alien franchise) worth their salt.

• Advertisement

King Valkyrie 🙄

Advertisement