Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Valley Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

The link opens for me on Willow park just by the gael scoil in douglas? Is that the right spot?

(I pass it alot so I am just trying to picture where the gate is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

That's the spot, there's a walkway for ~1k that runs by the side of the link road and the gate in the pic I posted is at the far end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

opus wrote: »
    "Tramore Valley park en route to be open August 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

That letter says Autumn 2018, not August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Treviso wrote: »
    That letter says Autumn 2018, not August.

Early Autumn which should be August but ya that extra bit of ambiguity isn't promising

• Registered Users Posts: 15,809 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That's the spot, there's a walkway for ~1k that runs by the side of the link road and the gate in the pic I posted is at the far end of it.

Found it.

Walkway looks unpleasant surrounded by prison grade fencing and appears well dodgy esp. as darkness starts to fall.

Local teens use it for drinking 'al fresco' ...

Opening delayed now 'til next year. :(

Opening delayed now 'til next year. :(

They’ve spent €40 million on it so far!?! This is a far bigger scandal than the Events Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

"Tramore Valley park en route to be open August 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019" :pac:
    Time to Update......
    I've got 2020 standing by

• Advertisement

Got on to Eoin English on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EoinBearla/status/1036970230390640640
    "I'll get an update....council ringfenced funding last Nov to get it open by the summer."

Will keep ya posted on anything back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

snotboogie wrote: »
    They’ve spent €40 million on it so far!?! This is a far bigger scandal than the Events Centre

Was a lot of that capping the landfill, site civil works etc.?
    At least with Tramore park we have something, it's just not open

For sure it's going to open officially eventually, even with the current situation people can head in there anytime the recycling centre is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

snotboogie wrote: »

...in that case, you probably don't want to read up about the Bottlehill landfill...

I'd forgotten about that! But to be fair it was Cork County Council who've blown €48 million there :)

BottlehillLanfillCorkAerial_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-471217

Time to Update......
    I've got 2020 standing by

Going by this article in the Examiner today, I fear you could be spot on :(
    The full opening of a massive public park on the site of Cork’s former city dump is at least a year down the line, following confirmation it could cost at least €6m to provide “full and safe access” to the site.

€6m bill to make Tramore Valley Park safe for public

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

This is infuriating.Its going to cost another €6m but they’re unsure what for yet.They have to be the most dopiest incompetent Council in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

This is infuriating.Its going to cost another €6m but they’re unsure what for yet.They have to be the most dopiest incompetent Council in the World.

The events centre or lack there of is a small issue in relation to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'd forgotten about that! But to be fair it was Cork County Council who've blown €48 million there :)

BottlehillLanfillCorkAerial_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-471217

Might be a wind farm going in there

• Advertisement

Latest I've heard on this is an opening date of mid-May. Hopefully it will happen this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's certainly a lot of activity going on around the entrance of the recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Rob Heffernan deserves to have the walk (and much more) named after him. Great athlete. That's not in question.
    But, I thought there was a system in place to decide on the naming of publicly-owned pieces of infrastructure? We saw it recently with the naming of the new bridge on Merchants Quay. Names nominated needed to be dead for 10-years, council shortlisted names submitted by the public, etc.
    As I said, the man more than deserves the accolade but if there is a system, shouldn't the council stick to it?

Snuck in for a look through the hole in the fence earlier on (not the only one in there either!). Still a lot of work going near the entrance but markers are all down for the 5k loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Officially opened today, two days before the local elections. We should have elections every 6 months - everything would get done. Anyone take a look yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Duplicate post

Advertisement