Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is your first name going out of Fashion?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

@venus in furs (sorry can't quote on mobile app) that's the one! An ex bf called me Kathy so can't shorten it to that!! Kath isn't too bad. I find it hard calling other people their shortened names so don't know how I would get on with my own shortened name!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭corkchick88

I always didn't like my name when I was younger as it was unusual then but has become more popular. I grew to like it and people always tell me they like it. However it now seems to be on the decline again.... my name is Jade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

My name is gone out of fashion since about 1910 I'd say, and I'm named after my grandfather who was born in 1896, and his father had the same name. So a part of me is from the 19th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My name was very popular in the 70's. Four other girls in my class shared it.
    Always hated it. I haven't heard of any one called it since maybe early 80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Looks like it's still going strong - unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Omackeral wrote: »
    Scrotes like to give their kids surnames as first names nowadays.
    Examples include Harrison, Brady, Mason, Taylor, Lennon.

Or just Beatles nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I have yet to meet anyone older than me with my name.
    There's RAKES of girls with it now over the last 10 years (booooooo!) but I still like it. It's still a little unusual. Apparently when my sister was born my mum wanted to call her my name, but my dad didn't like it. Hahahaha.... When I was born, my mum insisted.

My sister has a really unusual name - only 3 of them in the last 10 years. It's a beautiful name. I love the sound of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

My name was very popular from Mid 70's to Early 80's but it's not on the list. In recent years I've only come across one baby with the same name as me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Omackeral wrote: »
    Scrotes like to give their kids surnames as first names nowadays.

Examples include Harrison, Brady, Mason, Taylor, Lennon.
    Please stop reproducing.

Dundrum shopping center and the Ugg store would, loike, litterally go out of business if they did though!

Advertisement