Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Comhra wrote: »
    Mummies and Daddies who speak so loudly with their small children in supermarkets and shops that everyone within 30 meters can hear their conversation. . . whether they want to or not.

Oh performance parenting.You have my sympathy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

TA that I don’t have a toilet seat warmer.

A - Sitting on a cold toilet seat.

B - Sitting on a warm toilet seat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Social climbing, pretentiousness and the word "networking".

Inigo Montoya's guide to Networking

inigo-montoyas-guide-to-networking-success-1-start-with-a-53224648.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was once in Japan, there was a load of buttons in the toilet cubicle, so being male, I pressed everyone of them, at least twice. The screams out of me, between the seat burning the arse off me, warm water shooting up my ring and then the hole hairdryer starting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dear God:D ^^^^ :D

So my TA I'm at a good healthy weight but now I don't know what to do to maintain it and not drop below it or get TOO plump. Keep eating as I am and taking the same level of exercise? Will I plateau at this weight?
    I mean, I'm getting the feeling that fat wants me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I bought own brand chocolate digestives this week and got two buiscuits without the chocolate! Not a happy bunny!

I bought high quality vitamins for someone and he sporadically took them as if honouring humouring me. Today it's " must buy x vitams. They're meant to be good for x problem."

That's why I got you the best available brand of them ! Why is it only worth listening to when anyone else says it. Oh well you can lead a horse to water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

4Ad wrote: »
    I was once in Japan, there was a load of buttons in the toilet cubicle, so being male, I pressed everyone of them, at least twice. The screams out of me, between the seat burning the arse off me, warm water shooting up my ring and then the hole hairdryer starting.......

"Hole hairdryer" :D ... Two words I never thought I would see juxtaposed. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I hate hate and doubly hate sitting on a toilet seat warmed by someone else

Friend suggestions from FB.
    Eff off. I don't know her/him. They effing live in Australia!!!

• Advertisement

Can I unsubscribe from Winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Joe Rogan. Awful ****e the majority of the time. I'm not a smart guy at all but Jesus it's psuedo intellectualism at its finest. Just watched a short video of him, a 50 year old man talk with another bald horsed faces guy about Instagram removing likes. And it's just like ffs, what absolute drivel.
    Maybe I watch it in the wrong way, but he has so much pretense about himself about opening up dialogue that makes him annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Would never be a binman. Apart from the smell, it's a very physically demanding job and most of the high sickness rates in councils (in the UK) are from binmen injuring themselves on the job. Back and shoulder problems, knee problems, feet issues. And because it's a low skilled job most people in that job can't afford to retire (no private pension) so continue working much longer than they should which again contributes to more sickness absences.

Same for most labour based jobs tbh, I'd much rather have a dodgy back than a dodgy mind though, and that's where i'm heading in my current career.

It's not a case of greener grass either, I have worked both menial and desk based jobs, the desk based work stress comes home with you, but you never bring the shovel home after a day on the tools.

^^ sorry I forgot what thread I was replying to,

TA - heating breaking at home during the night then coming to work for respite - where the heating is also not working, im fuggin freezin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

The "First World Problems" meme is dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Being asked to contribute to gifts for people who are leaving the company. In my time here I would estimate over 100 people have left. This is with a total staff of about 50 at any one time. Half of them I barely knew or remember their names:(

Be brave and stop giving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Them fcukin lidl adds on tv with the elves.they can fcuk right off.fcukin November and I’m already sick looking at them.its going to be a long 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Snowflakes ! And not the kind that fall from the sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The youth soccer coach on the Avonmore milk adds is still wrecking my head, big time.

I am not looking forward to later on, there is a 25% chance George Lee will be on about Climate Change on the News again. Give me peace George, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Trying to figure out what "Trialvilly" means!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭flazio

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Snowflakes ! And not the kind that fall from the sky
    Get Head & Shoulders or some Tea tree shampoo. Should sort out the dandruff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

flazio wrote: »
    Get Head & Shoulders or some Tea tree shampoo. Should sort out the dandruff.

Pity the snowflakes I mean aren't sorted as easy :p

I bought high quality vitamins for someone and he sporadically took them as if honouring humouring me. Today it's " must buy x vitams. They're meant to be good for x problem."

That's why I got you the best available brand of them ! Why is it only worth listening to when anyone else says it. Oh well you can lead a horse to water.
    I got manuka honey for a honey eater. It cost a few bob. They gave away and then had the cheek to ask where I got it, as in can you get me more. Pity the shop was out it , I'm sure , if I had looked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,479 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

When you get up early to see a movie in the cinema that you know you'll get to enjoy in peace as it will be deserted and will also be finished well before the nearby businesses close, thereby avoiding rush hour traffic, only to discover when you arrive that it's been cancelled.

cjmc wrote: »
    I got manuka honey for a honey eater. It cost a few bob. They gave away and then had the cheek to ask where I got it, as in can you get me more. Pity the shop was out it , I'm sure , if I had looked!

Oh dear. I hate ingratiate, it's a nasty characteristic.
    Bit TA that that last bit about where did you get the honey, is like something I'd say in all innocence so I could source and buy it in future. But I wouldn't have given it away like that. And wouldve given something back to you asap. The TA is not understanding that type of thing. .

Today's TA, I can't get on with any kind of latex rubber or poly gloves. Or any waterproof work gloves. I'm not allergic but my hands hate them. Ive tried every flipping type. My hand has had enough today and cracked open around my knuckles. It's like little mouths opening and closing when I flex my fingers and it's burning hot and my hands useless for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Oh dear. I hate ingratiate, it's a nasty characteristic.
    Bit TA that that last bit about where did you get the honey, is like something I'd say in all innocence so I could source and buy it in future. But I wouldn't have given it away like that. And wouldve given something back to you asap. The TA is not understanding that type of thing. .

Today's TA, I can't get on with any kind of latex rubber or poly gloves. Or any waterproof work gloves. I'm not allergic but my hands hate them. Ive tried every flipping type. My hand has had enough today and cracked open around my knuckles. It's like little mouths opening and closing when I flex my fingers and it's burning hot and my hands useless for work.

Rub your hands in vaseline before putting gloves on

I find the orange gripster skins to be great for crappy hands, little pricey though.

Can't tolerate Vaseline, sadly, but thanks.
    They need to be very light gloves as I use my fingers a lot and I see the orange ones come in powder free (powder also an issue) so I'll try them, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can't tolerate Vaseline, sadly, but thanks.
    They need to be very light gloves as I use my fingers a lot and I see the orange ones come in powder free (powder also an issue) so I'll try them, thanks :)

Use coconut oil instead of Vaseline its super for dry skin

Never thought of that, before gloves on! Thanks

• Advertisement

TA is my earphones. I always listen to pod casts as I fall asleep but every pair, the right one doesn't work. Always the same one , the right hand one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

cjmc wrote: »
    TA is my earphones. I always listen to pod casts as I fall asleep but every pair, the right one doesn't work. Always the same one , the right hand one.

Same here on my iPod.been 2 weeks listening to music in left ear only.
    Feel like my head needs to be rebalanced at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Headphones always fall out of my right ear. Every set I get.

Its a conspiracy I tell you!!

One of your ear canals might be narrower than the other. Quite common, apparently. Same happens to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

One of your ear canals might be narrower than the other. Quite common, apparently. Same happens to me.

Are you calling my ear canals oddly shaped?

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

have you tried leaning your head slightly to the left?

Are you calling my ear canals oddly shaped?

:eek:

God No!

Deformed would be the technical term!

I need to get a set that fit over my ears. That's why I keep pushing wax in further.
    Sorry to gross ye out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

People who act shocked at security in airports regarding the liquid requirements, particularly the older people who who then suddenly act like they can barely move, or hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,479 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Self service checkouts. I selected the option "I brought my own bag" and was told by the machine to place it in the bagging area. No problem, placed my empty bag in the bagging area to then hear "unexpected item in the bagging area", so I had to remove it and place the bag on the ground.

Why do those machines tell you to put it there if it's only gonna have canaries two seconds later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People still whinging over a decade old handball incident.
    You would swear he ate babies or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Some dog **** in my garden.Had to go and clean it up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hear ya. (See what I did there? :pac:)

I've ear canals that are perfectly shaped in their own unique way, too, Tedders. ;) I ended up running the wire behind and above my ears, with the ear pieces upside down. It might not be pretty, but it does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

New Home wrote: »
    I hear ya. (See what I did there? :pac:)

I've ear canals that are perfectly shaped in their own unique way, too, Tedders. ;) I ended up running the wire behind and above my ears, with the ear pieces upside down. It might not be pretty, but it does work.

what are these wires you speak of?

My bras don't fit now.Bras are expensive. You can buy strap extenders but nothing can be done about the cups. I know because I was annoyed enough to think about trying to alter them. Underwear construction is a fine art it seems. (The word lingerie is a TA. Unless you are French. )

About the uniquely shaped ear canals (mine are irregular, hope I didn't offend anyone) I shove the useless ear thing and its mile of wire into the neck of my top or jumper when I'm walking. Behind the ear is a neater solution!

Ps. Thanks again for the coconut oil tip, whoever said it. My hand is fully operational today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My bras don't fit now.Bras are expensive. You can buy strap extenders but nothing can be done about the cups. I know because I was annoyed enough to think about trying to alter them. Underwear construction is a fine art it seems. (The word lingerie is a TA. Unless you are French. )

About the uniquely shaped ear canals (mine are irregular, hope I didn't offend anyone) I shove the useless ear thing and its mile of wire into the neck of my top or jumper when I'm walking. Behind the ear is a neater solution!

Ps. Thanks again for the coconut oil tip, whoever said it. My hand is fully operational today :)

Brilliant about your hands ! Coconut is super for dry cracking skin . Delighted it worked for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The last few weeks my neighbour has been leaving out her bin at about 2 in the morning. She works late but Jesus, do it before you go to work not silly hours of the morning. She’s not discreet about it either, I woke last night thinking the house was falling in on top of me until I realised

The last few weeks my neighbour has been leaving out her bin at about 2 in the morning. She works late but Jesus, do it before you go to work not silly hours of the morning. She’s not discreet about it either, I woke last night thinking the house was falling in on top of me until I realised

The trick is put it up on one wheel, makes it so much quieter. Maybe cut one of her wheels off so she has no choice but to be quiet with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

WhatsApp lurkers

• Advertisement

These effing UFO 'experts '
    Bull****ters the load of them. They come out with stuff like "some researchers " or some "experts " think this and that. They're not experts , they're fantasists playing the media game.
    Nick Pope I'm looking at you !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement