Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Getting boxed in by ignorant drivers at a match. Last night, I even positioned my car facing the road in what I thought was a perfect place to make a clean getaway on the final whistle. Surely to god no-one will park in such a way as to prevent me from exiting.

I was wrong.

And how come these cars that block in everyone else are either BMW's or Land Rovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Getting boxed in by ignorant drivers at a match. Last night, I even positioned my car facing the road in what I thought was a perfect place to make a clean getaway on the final whistle. Surely to god no-one will park in such a way as to prevent me from exiting.

I was wrong.

And how come these cars that block in everyone else are either BMW's or Land Rovers?

Owning a BMW buys you certain privileges....:D

Everyone assumes you are a dick anyway so you may as well run with it.

Over here in England, Audi's are the biggest ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

1. Why do people break locks in toilet cubicles or vandalise the toilet holder and/or coat hook

2. Holy Mary types driving at 20mph who then actually stop on a main road to let out a driver off a minor road. Dangerous and they think the are so fcuking polite.

3. Even worse, I had driver stop half way around a roundabout to let a driver onto the roundabout...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was wrong.

This reminded me of years ago I was driving a smaller car so if I parked all the way into a spot there would still be plenty of room in the spot....come back and BMW parked at an angle boot pretty much in my spot. I stopped driving fully into spots after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Searching for an answer to something online and when you click on one of the search results, it is a discussion with fifty million other people asking the same question. I want an answer, not a support group!

People who come to almost a complete stop before executing a turn, and flick the indicator on as a token gesture when it is too late.

People who tailgate - I will drive slower!

People who insist on me passing them on a narrow road even though it is wider where I am - I will sit it out while you beckon me on!

People who scratch their scratch cards at the till and then have to redeem their winnings and then buy some more - f*cking scratch them at home and stop holding up the queue.

Of late, I have notice many people using standard cashier points for customer services based transactions, where e.g. they are disputing a price or returning something. Instead of politely directing them to CS, the cashier will ring the bell for assistance and we all have to stand around waiting for assistance to arrive. There is usually only one cashier on too. When did people loose all sense of self-awareness and consideration for others? I do not have years to wait around while you exchange your baby's fake Nike tracksuit bottoms for half a neon bikini :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When things that should take five minutes, take up your whole day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Beware of The Gestapo offering beverages..

“Hi, would you like a coffee ?”

Me..” erm, no thanks, I’m good”

Gestapo...” why, did you have one somewhere else ?”

People stopping on a roundabout to let someone out of their car....

Now this isn't a traffic calming middle of estate roundabout. 4 exits double lanes on each. Yeah I see you indicating, yeah I'm going out on a limb here that you are exiting the roundabout... Nope you're pulling in to save your mate abit of a walk on a sunny evening.

Infairness the use of an indicator on a roundabout should have given me enough warning that something silly was about to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I seen yesterday that there is a Feminist version of Monopoly being released called Ms. Monopoly where the female players get more money for passing Go and more money to start with.

That is not f*cking feminism!
    I had to google that to make sure you weren't messing and it's true?!? It's to highlight the gender pay gap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'll admit I wouldn't cross the road to look at a rugby match but every time I glance at the TV there seems to be a World cup related ad on.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Had to go to Limerick on Saturday. Lovely town but couldn’t believe the amount of knackery looking people in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching rte 9o'clock news and all the reports are out of sync ! Fierce annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Biscuit tournament thread being closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People that don't necessarily say anything rude, but still speak to you in a rude manner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Biscuit tournament thread being closed :(

Its closed???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, crumbs! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

When words are spelt in the American way..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,232 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I dyed somebodies hair and the gloves broke and it leaked onto my hand and no matter what I try it won't come off fully!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note Deebles Mcbeebles - this is not the thread for you airing your gripes with the volunteer moderator team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Somebody exiting s room leaves a closed door open behind them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Paddy Cow wrote:
    I had to google that to make sure you weren't messing and it's true?!? It's to highlight the gender pay gap

Forgive them father for they know not what they do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

1. Why do people break locks in toilet cubicles or vandalise the toilet holder and/or coat hook

2. Holy Mary types driving at 20mph who then actually stop on a main road to let out a driver off a minor road. Dangerous and they think the are so fcuking polite.

3. Even worse, I had driver stop half way around a roundabout to let a driver onto the roundabout...

I had a guy trying to wave me on at traffic lights one day. He had the green light. I was stopped at red. I could see the impatience on his face when I didn't avail of his 'courtesy'!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I had a guy trying to wave me on at traffic lights one day. He had the green light. I was stopped at red. I could see the impatience on his face when I didn't avail of his 'courtesy'!

Some numpties about.

I just wish people would drive normally and stop all this 'letting people out' stuff. Its dangerous.

Another one I hate is when a driver motions to me that he will let me turn in in front of him, but he motions to me from 50 yards away, by lifting a single finger off his steering wheel by about 1cm.

Then gets crabbit cos I didn't see this huge gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone going around a roundabout in the lane next to me, then cutting in front of me at the exit. And yer wan had loads of time to get into the right lane, it’s not like she just made a mistake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I dyed somebodies hair and the gloves broke and it leaked onto my hand and no matter what I try it won't come off fully!

I've had this in construction jobs with paint and really ingrained dirt. I always found the lather from shampoo breaks it down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'm small and the amount of people who think it's ok reach over your shoulder to pick an item they want is unreal. I'm a fast shopper so not like I've been having a daydream while they waited.

I'm big and I still need to use spikey elbows to enforce boundaries sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who never stop talking about work. When I finish work, I leave it there for the night/weekend. These people never stop about being "flat out" and constant talk of how busy they are. Just shut up.

Dog poo....if you want a fur baby fine but clean up after it....it really isn't that difficult.

Also if you're going to bring your dog with you when collecting your children from preschool, please remember not every child grows up with a dog, some will be nervous. A husky, while beautiful, is a monster to a small 3 year old.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The. GLIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No first new job wage in the bank today 😔

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement