Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 liz1991

Also, while I'm on this off-topic thread, if anyone feels like sponsoring me doing a marathon on crutches for charity, go here:

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/liz_obriens_event/

(I have a disability that affects my lower body, so a marathon will be a *bit* of a challenge for me. All sponsorship greatly appreciated, no amount too small.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Happy-Cat.jpg

Happy Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm on a serious smoothie buzz and loving them! I put celery, avocado, banana, frozen berries, juice, local honey and milled golden linseed. Yumm!!! I was sad this morning when there was no avocado.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

kellief wrote: »
    I'm on a serious smoothie buzz and loving them! I put celery, avocado, banana, frozen berries, juice, local honey and milled golden linseed. Yumm!!! I was sad this morning when there was no avocado.

My favourite is just soy milk, banana and peanut butter, yum and simples

^ Swap the soya for coconut milk and I'm all over that.

• Advertisement

I can't have soy (makes it complicated being a veggie and why I would never be able to be a vegan), but that does sound nice!

I can't have soy (makes it complicated being a veggie and why I would never be able to be a vegan), but that does sound nice!

There was someone posting around here recently who is vegan and cant have soy, man that would be hard. Any kind of milk would do. I LOVE coconut milk in porridge, makes it all sweet without any sugar.

There are so many milk alternatives these days, it's awesome. Oat milk and coconut milk are probably my fav. I've yet to try hemp milk.

I can't do different milks, mental block!
    The smoothie I made this morning is amazing!

Strawberries, banana, celery, frozen spinach, milled linseed, honey, cranberry juice!

Stuck in bed with pain today, took me fifteen minutes to make it and get back up to bed!

I can't do different milks, mental block!
    The smoothie I made this morning is amazing!

Strawberries, banana, celery, frozen spinach, milled linseed, honey, cranberry juice!

Stuck in bed with pain today, took me fifteen minutes to make it and get back up to bed!

Looks delish, whats this pain? hungover?

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Looks delish, whats this pain? hungover?

It was lovely! Chronic pain condition, tis a barrel of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Oh god the idea of green smoothies makes my stomach turn over! I don't eat fruit and don't fancy the idea of mushy vegetables :o

I'm using a supergreens supplement at the moment and it turns greeny/brown in the glass, tastes great though.

The spinach doesn't turn the smoothie green, neither does the celery. There are flecks of green through it but it's doesn't colour the smoothie. The red berries are too strong I think!

So I went and start using Opti3 on the recommend of Tar!
    The final push was that it's not just fish friendly but environment friendly as they make the algae themselves :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hope it works out ok!

Worlds first lab grown burger to be cooked and eaten in london, cost £250000
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/250000-burger-from-beef-grown-in-laboratory-to-be-eaten-29455040.html
    Still not veggie friendly with this process but a step towards it.

I imagine the future will be full of synthetic meat. Meat eating whether ethical or not is just not sustainable for such a rapidly growing population.

I dunno, I'm not a fan of this move at all, while I get that it could mean less slaughtering, I think the main focus is on the cost of meat production and it does nothing to change peoples attitudes towards animal cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Two Asian food stores and Tesco and still no okra. :( I have a curry recipe I have been wanting to try out for ages.

https://www.facebook.com/events/184120755098841/

This came up on my feed this morning, dunno if anyone here is into this sort of thing?

I don't know anything about these people or their purpose.

• Advertisement

It's awful isn't it??

Swans are as close as we get to unicorns, they're pretty damn awesome and majestic. How anyone could even think of hurting one blows my mind.

Everytime I open this thread I start singing this song...

HELLOOOOooooo

happy monday folks.

Tis quiet here.

I went to a real tesco the otherday, when I say real I mean not a small metro town tesco, a real big one in dun laoghire, It was so big they had a whole aisle with Veggie things I've never seen before.

I felt like a kid in a candy shop, I bought so much. Quorn ready to eat things, all of Dee's things and other various treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

you should try a Tesco in the UK!

One day.

It's pretty sad I get exited at the prospect of going to a big supermarket. Recently dunnes has started stocking the Quorn fillets!
    I love them. a lot better than the "pieces".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the pieces are unreal if you cook them right, you pretty much have to cook them fora minute, any more and they are crap dry hard things.

What was the new stuff you saw?

• Advertisement

the pieces are unreal if you cook them right, you pretty much have to cook them fora minute, any more and they are crap dry hard things.

What was the new stuff you saw?

Pieces taste fine, but fillets are just nicer to look at i guess.

I found ready to eat cocktail sausages - great for hungry on the go,
    They also had "chicken" kievs, frozen cocktail sausages, "savoury" egg (not too sure what these were, I think like a scotch egg?) Loads of ready to eat foods, quorn pots (sort of like Dee's pots)

It was just nice to see loads of fully stocked fridges, most of the time I only get to shop in town and usually there's fook all choice.

Advertisement