Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton going downhill

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

bazz26 wrote: »
    lAr9W45SDrRs.gif

Qacg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

BBFAN wrote: »
    He said himself in a recent interview that he can't get away with what he used to on C4 anymore, think that's restricting him.
    TomSweeney wrote: »
    Yeah!

It was a much better show on C4 ... anyone remember the Catherine Zeta Jones / Michael Douglas jokes ?

Jaysus he really went below the belt with them, can't find any on YouTube either ...

Jaysus, the show on Channel 4 was outrageous - he had a recurring joke with a nice elderly lady named Betty and a gigantic tongue-shaped vibrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Used to watch it pretty much every Friday night. I think it got a little bit too big for its own good by having Hollywood A Listers on nearly every week. Good guests make a good show, not big guests.

I went to give it another try a few weeks ago and the first few seconds of the show, he was slagging off Donald Trump, and that was the end of that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Used to watch it pretty much every Friday night. I think it got a little bit too big for its own good by having Hollywood A Listers on nearly every week. Good guests make a good show, not big guests.

I went to give it another try a few weeks ago and the first few seconds of the show, he was slagging off Donald Trump, and that was the end of that

Any talkshowhost who doesn't slag off DT is not worth tuppence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Always has to have a fawning bit about "the Royals" as it's the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I remeber a woman from the far east who played the flute for him and she was not using her mouth...

Remember the lady flinging the ping pong balls out of her fufu on New Years Eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If Norton was to sit on his own with no guests in an empty studio it would be still better than the Late Late Show

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

If Norton was to sit on his own with no guests in an empty studio it would be still better than the Late Late Show

If we were to look at Graham’s empty chair it would still be better than the late late show

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Yep, peopled every week with those with a new film or book to flog.

The Shill Show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Been watching it for years, and I definitely think that this season hasn't been great. Still some good guests, like Jeff Goldblum, Ian McKellen and Michael Caine. Rick Astley was also good fun. But its been more miss than hit, and generally quite boring. The Kurt Russell/ David Walliams interaction deserves a special mention for its awkwardness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

He rips the piss out of pretty much any high profile person who hits the news that week in his opening bit. Why would Donald Trump be exempt? Very precious of you altogether.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Been watching it for years, and I definitely think that this season hasn't been great. Still some good guests, like Jeff Goldblum, Ian McKellen and Michael Caine. Rick Astley was also good fun. But its been more miss than hit, and generally quite boring. The Kurt Russell/ David Walliams interaction deserves a special mention for its awkwardness.

What happened between Russel and Walliams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What happened between Russel and Walliams?

First, they did a segment with Walliams mother who was in the crowd, and is a huge Kurt Russell fan. Then Walliams produced a poster of Escape From LA and asked him to sign it as he is also a big fan. Russell was clearly uncomfortable going off script in both cases. Neither him nor his agent clearly hadn't seen the show before, as he didn't really know what to do with either interaction, he just wanted to talk about his Santa film

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its just an echo chamber at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

TheBully wrote: »
    Is anyone else of the same opinion that the graham notyon show just isn’t great anymore, the last few episodes have just been actors promoting stupid films for a half an hour.
    Even the red chair at the end has been cut short to one one or maybe 2 people.

I used to love the show but switched out off last night out of sheer boredom

It was never great to start with.

I was never a fan of the show but, strangely,I find that he's a far better interviewee than an interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It was pretty good in particular three years ago. Most episodes were really funny.

Stopped watching ages ago.

Advertisement