Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat Earth & the Irish Research Crew

• 28-09-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear the interview this morn with an Irish research heading down under to prove the Earth is flat? They believe Australia is a tiny island inhabited by actors & cgi to make it look big. Plus there is a giant ice wall around the Earth. Plus NASA is a paper organisation used to funnel money to make us believe the Earth is a sphere.

Mad stuff....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

links or GTFO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Attention seeking mentallers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Fcuking idiots.

Of course the Earth is flat!

Hellloooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Anyone hear the interview this morn with an Irish research heading down under to prove the Earth is flat? They believe Australia is a tiny island inhabited by actors & cgi to make it look big. Plus there is a giant ice wall around the Earth. Plus NASA is a paper organisation used to funnel money to make us believe the Earth is a sphere.

Mad stuff....

Please tell me they said that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Such BS

Everyone knows were on the back of a giant Turtle flying through space.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One thing I really don't get about this conspiracy, is the why? Why would anyone go to so much trouble, what's the payoff? I mean most other conspiracies it's clear, like the Lizard People ruling us so through royalty so they can bathe in child blood to live forever, Globalists weakening us by adding radioactive isotopes to the water so interdimensional vampires can suck out our essence into the black of deep space? (Alex jones) ok yes this is mad but clear if you're mental enough to believe it, but Flat Earth? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

One thing I really don't get about this conspiracy, is the why? Why would anyone go to so much trouble, what's the payoff? I mean most other conspiracies it's clear, like the Lizard People ruling us so through royalty so they can bathe in child blood to live forever, Globalists weakening us by adding radioactive isotopes to the water so interdimensional vampires can suck out our essence into the black of deep space? (Alex jones) ok yes this is mad but clear if you're mental enough to believe it, but Flat Earth? Why?

Flat Earth dinner plates.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

And this ladies and gentlemen, is what the term 'loser' truly means.

Can't all these flat Earther just f*ck off already. Or better yet, if they truly think the world is flat: find the edge of the Earth and do a "take a long jump off a short pier" type thing. Idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Thats what I often ask myself.

At least with something like JFK, its understandable. You may not agree with it but at least they have something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

heard this guy on Dermot & Dave this morning. I thought he was taking the piss for a while....but he genuinely seemed serious.

They are using a hot air balloon to travel over the ice wall.

and the bottom side of the flat earth is full of precious metals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Flat Earth dinner plates.
    Of course! It's all so clear now...but that means that *snip* and *snip* the whole time, wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

How are they funding this trip and research? What waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Such BS

De Chelonian Mobile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

daheff wrote: »
    heard this guy on Dermot & Dave this morning. I thought he was taking the piss for a while....but he genuinely seemed serious.

They are using a hot air balloon to travel over the ice wall.

and the bottom side of the flat earth is full of precious metals.

Did they ask him the why question? As above, what do the powers that be get out of convincing us a flat earth is round?

Presumably if they do actually go, when they discover no ice wall and a round earth, they immediately get denounced as shills by the rest of the flat earthers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What do they get out of convincing us the earth is round? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,655 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The New World Order* launder money through the sales of globes.

*not the wrestling one...the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

I'd be more worried about people believing what they hear on the Dermot and Dave show to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That must have been the best laugh I've heard in a while... So where can I follow said expedition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

LirW wrote: »
    That must have been the best laugh I've heard in a while... So where can I follow said expedition?

You can't, where they're going they'll just fall off.

Over the hill and tumble into deep space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

You can't, where they're going they'll just fall off.

No they said something about a livestream and YouTube, I need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Riddle101 wrote: »
    How are they funding this trip and research? What waste of money.

Not like they need alot of money. 2k should cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Mad stuff....

If he said that, then there was honestly less money lost in 2008 than there was irony lost in that statement.
    Good Jaysus :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not like they need alot of money. 2k should cover it.

I'm not keeping up with the hot air balloon market but u doubt you'd get much for 2 grand.

They've to get to Australia first too. Unless they're going the whole way in the balloon. Though I'd imagine fuel and supplies alone would be a fair few grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

2926-2.jpg?1531074445

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It’s been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Ficheall wrote: »
    What do they get out of convincing us the earth is round? :P

They believe that science and the new world order are hiding the flat earth “reality” from the masses to ensure people will believe in space/planets/galaxies etc instead of the world being a flat plane (planet). If the masses knew that the world is flat it would point to the obvious question “who built this flat world” thus ensuring a descruction to present day religion paradimes, science as we know it, evolution theories as we know it , mass consumerism as we know it , etc etc.
    I have to say their debates on YouTube are fascinating. Check out “Nathan Oakley flat earth debates” for an insight to their beliefs , probably the best one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope these brave heroes kill the monsters with faces on their bellies and bring me back a Tasmania Devil keychain. Onward Flat Earth Soliders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Irish crew led by Des Walsh. His YouTube video here

youtu.be / ZTd9COzhJcM

Twitter a/c C_Oddity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,189 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mad stuff....

There is no down under dude, the earth is flat, get with the program.

They have to be stopped. If they rumble the whole Australian actors scam it will mean the end of Home & Away!!!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

https://www.lmfm.ie/on-air/shows/late-lunch/late-lunch-podcasts-(1)/late-lunch-friday-september-28th-2018/

I fully believe next Tuesday, we all, will finally learn the truth...
    Or Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

They've to get to Australia first too. Unless they're going the whole way in the balloon. Though I'd imagine fuel and supplies alone would be a fair few grand.

You clearly didn't listen to the whole interview, Australia doesn't exist.

I listened to a BBC podcast about the voyages of Captain Cook recently. This stuff goes deep.

But soon, our latter day Captain Cooks will voyage to where Australia is supposed to be, and then we shall know the real truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

The Flat Earth Society has members and supporters all around the globe...

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mad stuff....
    NASA is a paper organisation used to funnel money ?

That bit is very, very true :(

Remember Elon Musk and SpaceX sending a red sports car into space ?
    Give them $150m and they'll put 63.8 tonnes into low earth orbit.

NASA are spending billions on SLS , €30Bn with another €10Bn to get it ready for Astronauts. Block 1 will only put 70 tonnes into orbit.

While it's 10% better than SpaceX, it's literally 200 times the cost of what's available on the open market.

In fairness some of the €40Bn is to be spent on other stuff, but mostly on off the shelf stuff like flight proven ATV modules made in Italy that used to fly stuff to the ISS.

Oh and the SLS itself is built from flight-proven hardware from the Space Shuttle. Money for old rope. On a truly epic scale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Thread needs some Men at Work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Such BS

And all the other planets are also on the back of giant turtles.
    The turtles are all travelling to a spawning ground to mate. It is called the " big bang theory"
    Terry pratchett was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Eejits. Flat Earth makes absolutely no sense at all. Sunsets and sunrises, the horizon, satellite TV, the fact the moon, sun and planets are visibly spherical, the seasons and a million other things are impossible with a flat Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

This is what happens when you start making people think everyone's opinion is equally valid. A world of alternative facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

5m1c0opp9drz.jpg

• Advertisement

You forgot the turtles. It's turtles all the way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

jaxxx wrote: »
    And this ladies and gentlemen, is what the term 'loser' truly means.

Can't all these flat Earther just f*ck off already. Or better yet, if they truly think the world is flat: find the edge of the Earth and do a "take a long jump off a short pier" type thing. Idiots!

Why can't they just quietly think the earth is flat? Instead of spreading their nonsense?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Peatys wrote: »
    Why can't they just quietly think the earth is flat? Instead of spreading their nonsense?

duty_calls.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If the earth was really round then the soles on our shoes would have to be curved.
    /closethread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

But the moon is a hologram that melts steel beams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Australia doesnt exist though- it's a construct invented so as to make you believe that 18/19th century convicts from the UK & Ireland went somewhere.
    What happened to them was disgusting and horrific- they were traded to perpetrators of the worldwide Jewish conspiracy so that they could carry out human experiments and have free labour. What the UK got in return was the banking funds to allow them to establish their empire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Australia doesnt exist though- it's a construct invented so as to make you believe that 18/19th century convicts from the UK & Ireland went somewhere.

Rubbish. Everyone knows it's a giant fibreglass set left over from the filming of Mad Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Of course it's flat. Are you trying to tell me that the Pacific ocean is a a big curved body of water? When have you ever seen water curve?**

**actual flat earther belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The New World Order* launder money through the sales of globes.

*not the wrestling one...the other one
    Their entrance music is my ring tone.
    No, I'm not joking. I'm old, and sad.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Eejits. Flat Earth makes absolutely no sense at all. Sunsets and sunrises, the horizon, satellite TV, the fact the moon, sun and planets are visibly spherical, the seasons and a million other things are impossible with a flat Earth.

As my good friend Bill O'Reilly said "Tide goes in, tide goes out." That's proof that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it.
    Also, the moon doesn't exist. It's an illusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Terry wrote: »
    As my good friend Bill O'Reilly said "Tide goes in, tide goes out." That's proof that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it.
    Also, the moon doesn't exist. It's an illusion.

Eclipses are illusions also....

The principal issue with flat earth is that it's proponents are starting with the end result i.e. the earth is flat, and they have to make all the evidence try to fit that hypothesis and it all quickly falls apart or they have to come up with more and more ludicrous explanations. Whereas real science starts with the evidence to try to explain an observation and only then comes to a logical conclusion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement