Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Earth & the Irish Research Crew

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

https://www.lmfm.ie/on-air/shows/late-lunch/late-lunch-podcasts-(1)/late-lunch-friday-september-28th-2018/

I fully believe next Tuesday, we all, will finally learn the truth...
    Or Monday.

They've to get to Australia first too. Unless they're going the whole way in the balloon. Though I'd imagine fuel and supplies alone would be a fair few grand.

You clearly didn't listen to the whole interview, Australia doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I listened to a BBC podcast about the voyages of Captain Cook recently. This stuff goes deep.

But soon, our latter day Captain Cooks will voyage to where Australia is supposed to be, and then we shall know the real truth.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

The Flat Earth Society has members and supporters all around the globe...

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyone hear the interview this morn with an Irish research heading down under to prove the Earth is flat? They believe Australia is a tiny island inhabited by actors & cgi to make it look big. Plus there is a giant ice wall around the Earth. Plus NASA is a paper organisation used to funnel money to make us believe the Earth is a sphere.

Mad stuff....
    NASA is a paper organisation used to funnel money ?

That bit is very, very true :(

Remember Elon Musk and SpaceX sending a red sports car into space ?
    Give them $150m and they'll put 63.8 tonnes into low earth orbit.

NASA are spending billions on SLS , €30Bn with another €10Bn to get it ready for Astronauts. Block 1 will only put 70 tonnes into orbit.

While it's 10% better than SpaceX, it's literally 200 times the cost of what's available on the open market.

In fairness some of the €40Bn is to be spent on other stuff, but mostly on off the shelf stuff like flight proven ATV modules made in Italy that used to fly stuff to the ISS.

Oh and the SLS itself is built from flight-proven hardware from the Space Shuttle. Money for old rope. On a truly epic scale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Thread needs some Men at Work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Such BS

Everyone knows were on the back of a giant Turtle flying through space.
    And all the other planets are also on the back of giant turtles.
    The turtles are all travelling to a spawning ground to mate. It is called the " big bang theory"
    Terry pratchett was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Eejits. Flat Earth makes absolutely no sense at all. Sunsets and sunrises, the horizon, satellite TV, the fact the moon, sun and planets are visibly spherical, the seasons and a million other things are impossible with a flat Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

This is what happens when you start making people think everyone's opinion is equally valid. A world of alternative facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

5m1c0opp9drz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,936 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You forgot the turtles. It's turtles all the way down.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

jaxxx wrote: »
    And this ladies and gentlemen, is what the term 'loser' truly means.

Can't all these flat Earther just f*ck off already. Or better yet, if they truly think the world is flat: find the edge of the Earth and do a "take a long jump off a short pier" type thing. Idiots!

Why can't they just quietly think the earth is flat? Instead of spreading their nonsense?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Peatys wrote: »
    Why can't they just quietly think the earth is flat? Instead of spreading their nonsense?

duty_calls.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If the earth was really round then the soles on our shoes would have to be curved.
    /closethread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

But the moon is a hologram that melts steel beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Australia doesnt exist though- it's a construct invented so as to make you believe that 18/19th century convicts from the UK & Ireland went somewhere.
    What happened to them was disgusting and horrific- they were traded to perpetrators of the worldwide Jewish conspiracy so that they could carry out human experiments and have free labour. What the UK got in return was the banking funds to allow them to establish their empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Australia doesnt exist though- it's a construct invented so as to make you believe that 18/19th century convicts from the UK & Ireland went somewhere.

Rubbish. Everyone knows it's a giant fibreglass set left over from the filming of Mad Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Of course it's flat. Are you trying to tell me that the Pacific ocean is a a big curved body of water? When have you ever seen water curve?**

**actual flat earther belief

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The New World Order* launder money through the sales of globes.

*not the wrestling one...the other one
    Their entrance music is my ring tone.
    No, I'm not joking. I'm old, and sad.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    Eejits. Flat Earth makes absolutely no sense at all. Sunsets and sunrises, the horizon, satellite TV, the fact the moon, sun and planets are visibly spherical, the seasons and a million other things are impossible with a flat Earth.

As my good friend Bill O'Reilly said "Tide goes in, tide goes out." That's proof that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it.
    Also, the moon doesn't exist. It's an illusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Terry wrote: »
    As my good friend Bill O'Reilly said "Tide goes in, tide goes out." That's proof that the earth is flat, and the sun revolves around it.
    Also, the moon doesn't exist. It's an illusion.

Eclipses are illusions also....

The principal issue with flat earth is that it's proponents are starting with the end result i.e. the earth is flat, and they have to make all the evidence try to fit that hypothesis and it all quickly falls apart or they have to come up with more and more ludicrous explanations. Whereas real science starts with the evidence to try to explain an observation and only then comes to a logical conclusion.

• Advertisement

1kb81u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Rubbish. Everyone knows it's a giant fibreglass set left over from the filming of Mad Max.

What you forgot to mention is that was the same fibreglass used on the set of the 'killing' of JFK.

He is clearly still alive- why do you think there was no autopsy? He faked his own death as he knew that he was going to be ousted.

I thought, at this stage, that we had all figured out that he had gone into exile and recreated himself as Pope Benedict and was pulling the strings from the Vatican.

Once again- he only stood down because the net was closing in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Part of the FE "proof" is to go over the ice wall that surrounds the edge....and film it. But they say that current recordings of the globe from space are fake. So what makes their recording / experience / testimony more valid than current ones?

.....What am I saying.... sure they ain't goin to produce any "evidence" ... Because the earth is round!!!!

There may be controversy about the first moon landing. But we did go to the moon. And anyone (with a little skill) can prove it. Any time they want. The astronauts left mirrors / reflectors on the moon. Without cutting edge tech you an fire a laser at the moon and get a reflection. Proof the moon is not an illusion.

I'm really excited, they must be over halfway to the flip side by now.

There may be controversy about the first moon landing. But we did go to the moon. And anyone (with a little skill) can prove it. Any time they want. The astronauts left mirrors / reflectors on the moon. Without cutting edge tech you an fire a laser at the moon and get a reflection. Proof the moon is not an illusion.
    Ballistics is the science of "if you throw something upwards very fast it will get very high"

So how come none of the rockets or shells with cameras have photographed the circumferential white ice wall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Boy are they in for a let down.

Flat Earth Edge` UPDATE` Expedition With Professor Walsh - YouTube
    https://m.youtube.com › watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I think there are probably at least two or three different categories of people here. The first is the troll/attention seeker type and the second is the person who can't really comprehend the science behind it all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with admitting you don't understand something. But it doesn't justify disbelief.

Advertisement