Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bomber

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

walshb wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure here...... Going out on a KO loss may not suit him....

Yep this was the first thing I thought about when I heard him the presser afterwards. No way is he gonna want that to be his last moment on the big stage. There is the worry that he becomes another one of those boxers who just cant say it's the end. And not that I blame him on that, it must be very difficult to just say I'm finished, particularly when there is no injury preventing him from continuing. Well apart from the injury that his wife will give him if he tells her that he is gonna take another fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's hard to tell with boxers when they retire but I can't see Bellew ever fighting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

megadodge wrote: »
    It was a TKO. The timekeeper reached "7" and the ref waved it off as Bellew was rising. I just double checked it on Youtube.

Boxrec have it wrong at the moment, but I expect them to correct that, as they take that sort of thing seriously

If a bookie is trying to stiff you, keep at them. Don't let them get away with it.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    I agree with Walsh and I hate to say it Norman but they'll probably have enough wiggle room to blackguard their way out of it.

Guys, just to report, thanks to me being a right pain in the Bollox I finally got fully paid out on the TKO bet.

Lesson for all, just complain,complain, complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Guys, just to report, thanks to me being a right pain in the Bollox I finally got fully paid out on the TKO bet.

Lesson for all, just complain,complain, complain :)

Delighted to hear that.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

megadodge wrote: »
    Delighted to hear that.

Well done.

Cheers mega, I owe you a pint.
    The clincher was that Paddy's own boxing betting rules pointed out that a KO was when a boxer failed to make it to his feet after a 10 count.
    So when i pointed out that there was no 10 count they hadn't a leg to stand on :)

That coupled with getting boxrec to change the result swung it in my favour but I probably would have given up on it on Sunday except for your advice so thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Morrison J wrote: »
    I just think theres a line they don't cross with football that they have no problem crossing with the boxing. Picking Bellew to beat Usyk and saying he's the better boxer etc is like picking Cardiff to beat Man City and saying Cardiff are the better team. If Gary Neville said that on Sky he'd be rightly mocked, if he did it every single week he'd eventually be sacked. Jonny Nelson does it for every big fight and nobody says a thing. He's apparently being paid to be an analyst.

When Crolla fights Lomachenko I'm sure Sky will have the Salido fight on loop and we'll hear Jonny Nelson saying Crolla can rough Loma up and win a close fight. You couldn't make it up.

The line they cross is saying their league is the best in the world and the evidence is that it is clearly not. Anyway sky is what sky is and thankfully here I dont have to listen to their propaganda.

Form reading here it appears that Nelson and Froch are frequent spoofers on commentary. As former World Champions one would assume that they would be pretty knowledgeable about the sport.

Anyone think they are playing the sky game or telling it as they honestly see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,557 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    The line they cross is saying their league is the best in the world and the evidence is that it is clearly not. Anyway sky is what sky is and thankfully here I dont have to listen to their propaganda.

Form reading here it appears that Nelson and Froch are frequent spoofers on commentary. As former World Champions one would assume that they would be pretty knowledgeable about the sport.

Anyone think they are playing the sky game or telling it as they honestly see it?

Playing the sky game .

Sure you just have to listen to Adam Smith when Bellew was ko'd he said something along the lines of Bellew is ko'd with a big shot "out of the blue "

Pualie Malignaggi pulled him up on it straight away ands said I have to disagree its been coming for 2 rounds,

Even in the 3rd (Maybe 4th) round Paulie said to Adam I know we want him to win but you have to stop trying to give Bellew rounds he hasn't won ,
    It was in response to Bellew landing one good shot and Smith saying he had won the round,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If this is the last we see of Bellew, I will forever be a fan of his for ending Hayes career.

He is in my top 10 for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Gintonious wrote: »
    If this is the last we see of Bellew, I will forever be a fan of his for ending Hayes career.

Top ten British?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,557 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gintonious wrote: »

Hayes career was over well before he fought Bellew ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hayes career was over well before he fought Bellew ,

Thats true, was just nice seeing him shut up and flattened.

Advertisement