Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

D14Rugby wrote: »
    "Virgin Media Sport, meanwhile, has over 300 European football matches live across the season, including the Uefa Nations League and Euro 2020 qualifiers, as well as the Six Nations, Heineken Champions Cup and horse racing from Cheltenham and Aintree."

When did virgin Media get champions cup rights?

Virgin have the rights to one champions cup game per round, but it must be FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

awec wrote: »
    If you have BT then you already have better coverage of CL than you'd get via Virgin I believe.

Thought all games are available on the red button just as they are on BT? Plus the punditry on VMS is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

awec wrote: »
    Virgin have the rights to one champions cup game per round, but it must be FTA.

correct and it is the same FTA game that Channel 4 will have that weekend plus it doesn't have to be an irish province - last year in round 1 they showed bath v toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Acosta wrote: »
    Thought all games are available on the red button just as they are on BT? Plus the punditry on VMS is much better.

It doesn't sound like red button is part of this deal though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

icdg wrote: »
    Not if you want to watch the Heineken Cup...

That is the big problem. I love watching back to back quality champions cup games on a winter's weekend.
    I really can't see myself paying out an extra lump of money for BT now. I will wait and see what price they offer if it becomes available on Now tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

Is it possible to have two boxes that can record in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Eir Sport Virgin will be available on Sky Channel 421 if that's of any help to anyone - that's currently the space for Eir Sport 1 so not sure what that means tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone know when the Virgin channels appear on the Eir Sport app? They are not on it as of now anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Channel 422 - replacing eir Sport 2 which will no longer be available on satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Virgin channels appear on the Eir Sport app? They are not on it as of now anyway.

in the blurb linked to above it says september

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Same department. You need to actually cancel the package imo. Cancel the sports with 31 days notice, then when it cancels down just ring them up and look for the new sign up offer the next day. For example, the current offer is half price sports for 6 months.

That's what I'm currently in the process off.
    My current half price sports offer end in two weeks time - the day it ends I'll call them and sign up to the new 30e offer of sports & the sports extra pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I don't suppose anyone has a link to EirSports satelite subscription terms and conditions? I've cancelled but since I'm less than 30 days from my next payment date, they still want to charge me again. By my reckoning, such a drastic change in channel lineup is a breach of contract, even if it says that channel lineup is subject to change, but I'd like to see what it actually says.

RealJohn wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone has a link to EirSports satelite subscription terms and conditions? I've cancelled but since I'm less than 30 days from my next payment date, they still want to charge me again. By my reckoning, such a drastic change in channel lineup is a breach of contract, even if it says that channel lineup is subject to change, but I'd like to see what it actually says.

:D:D:D:D

So you agree that the contract says that channel lineup is subject to change.
    And you're arguing that a change of lineup is a breach of contract.

That's like arguing about getting drenched on a ride that has a sign saying "you might get wet"

Adding the work drastic doesn't make any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

:D:D:D:D

So you agree that the contract says that channel lineup is subject to change.
    And you're arguing that a change of lineup is a breach of contract.

That's like arguing about getting wet on a ride that has a sign saying "you might get wet"

Adding the work drastic doesn't make any difference
    Well I don't know if it does say that. That's why I'm hoping someone can link to the terms and conditions. There's still a point where that sort of clause has to become invalid, and I'd like to know if this situation meets the criteria. Putting something in the contract doesn't make it enforceable if it's not in keeping with the consumer's statutory rights.

In the long term I wonder what this deal means for eir and Virgin.

Could we see a merger or buy out?

It makes no sense for them to be running fibre alongside each other.

If i sign up to Eir broadband can i get all the Eir/Virgin channels on sky box?

celt262 wrote: »
    If i sign up to Eir broadband can i get all the Eir/Virgin channels on sky box?

Not all of them

Just Eirsport 1 and Virgin media sport

the rest you can watch via an app

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Riskymove wrote: »
    Not all of them

Are you sure this is the case ? Ie getting virgin media sport on sky via eir sport pack ?

The announcement today was for sharing each other’s services on their tv platforms - is this purely the eir tv platform or does it apply to eir bb subscribers who have eir sport for free on the eir sport pack ?

Not all of them

Thanks - Can that app be loaded onto an android box or is it just tablet/phone

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Are you sure this is the case ? Ie getting virgin media sport on sky via eir sport pack ?

The announcement today was for sharing each other’s services on their tv platforms - is this purely the eir tv platform or does it apply to eir bb subscribers who have eir sport for free on the eir sport pack ?

https://www.eir.ie/sport/updates/

For eir broadband customers with a Sky TV box, the eir Sport 2 channel (422 on channel guide) will be replaced with Virgin Sport. However, they will have access to all the Virgin Sport channels including Virgin Media Sport Extra (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6) and eir Sport 2 via the eir sport app. eir Sport 1 available as normal.

• Advertisement

sorry, don't know I don't have it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The green app (for broadband customers) allows casting via chromecast. I don't think this is possible if you sign up for the sports alone though...

From previous posters the app doesn't work on android boxes, just chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

sorry, don't know I don't have it

The red apk can be sideloaded but the picture / display is as if you’re viewing on a phone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The app is only available to Eir Broadband and eir Vision customers (and there is a different app that doesn’t support casting available to certain eir Mobile customers depending on their plan).

But Satellite only customers have no app. They are losing eir Sport 2 entirely. And still paying €30 for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭micks_address

icdg wrote: »
    The app is only available to Eir Broadband and eir Vision customers (and there is a different app that doesn’t support casting available to certain eir Mobile customers depending on their plan).

But Satellite only customers have no app. They are losing eir Sport 2 entirely. And still paying €30 for the privilege.

If you have eir sports on sky platform will you now get the virgin media channel's via sky as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

If you have eir sports on sky platform will you now get the virgin media channel's via sky as well?

I tweeted them today and they said if you subscribe to Eir on the SKy platform then VMS will be part of the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, but you'll get Eir Sports 1 and Virgin Sports, but none of the extra channels that are going to be on the app or on evision/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭micks_address

dulpit wrote: »

Ya, but you'll get Eir Sports 1 and Virgin Sports, but none of the extra channels that are going to be on the app or on evision/etc.
    Ok so they are via app and can be sent to Chromecast right? Trying to weigh up if I'll pay sky the extra tenner for the bt channels.. I guess they will have few Saturday evening premier league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭roadmaster

When the National Leagues are on there does be live games on eir 1 and 2 at the same time, since I have sky will I only be able to see the games on eir 2 via the app?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement